MBB: United East Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, January 21, 2005, 12:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caz Bombers

According to their schedule page, Keystone hasn't really beaten anybody who's all that great. The closest thing to a solid win they have is at Rowan, who is 9-6 overall and .500 in the NJAC, which means they're a decent, not great, but decent team. That's only one game though and all the rest of their victims stink. Now I'm curious though, does that gaudy record alone make Keystone a contender in weak Pool B? My guess would be no.

hooplafan

Keystone is, however, beating teams convincingly.  I've never seen them play, but I'd love to get the chance to.  It seems like Keystone, Chestnut Hill & Villa Julie are a few notches above NEAC mainstays Keuka, D'Youville & Cazenovia.

hooplafan

Chestnut Hill snaps Keystone's 14-game win streak 66-64 last night.

Mike Dougherty aka Knightstalker

Keystone is having a nice season but I don't believe they are eligible for NCAA postseason participation yet.  I read on their site that they are also members of the USCAA and joined the ECAC so they should make the post season in one of those two organizations this year if they keep winning.  They have only played four teams with either winning or .500 records this year.  They played Johns Hopkins and Rowan.  This is the way to go from a Junior College to a four-year school and to build reputation and become competitive, play your conference schedule and then schedule a few strong programs every year to test and strengthen your team.  Good luck to the Giants as the seasons go on.

hooplafan

1/27
Baruch 71, Polytechnic 58

1/28
Lancaster Bible 76, PS-Berks 59

1/29
D'Youville 75, Cazenovia 57
Villa Julie 89, Keuka 79 (OT)
Rowan 81, Chestnut Hill 55
Keystone 89, SUNY Purchase 60

1/30
Keuka 67, Polytechnic 56

Also, Chestnut Hill at Cazenovia (rescheduled from 1/23) is tonight's lone NEAC action.

hooplafan

1/31
Chestnut Hill 88, Cazenovia 71

2/1
Keystone 72, Polytechnic 57
Villa Julie 80, Philly Bible 56

hooplafan

As a sidenote, the Keystone women's team beat Polytechnic 89-8 in the first of the double-header for the Giants.  Yes, you read that correct - 89-8, en route to going 8-0 in NEAC play.  

hooplafan

Baptist Bible downs Keystone 84-74 on the road, dropping the Giants to 17-3 overall.  That might hint at what Keystone could have done in the NCAA's if they had been eligible.  

Howard Megdal

Bard takes care of Mass College of Liberal Arts, 73-71, on Drew McCormack's layup at the buzzer. In the game, Adam Turner became Bard's alltime leading scorer. He had 31 in the game, and now has 1234 for his career.

oldasdirt

hoopla.... say it ain't so....89-8???? Aww come on ladies score a basket for Poly so they can reach double figures....

hooplafan

Turns out it wasn't so surprising Dirt.  Keuka beat Poly 75-11 and 69-10 this season.  Looks like a rough season for Poly.

Back to the men:

2/3  
Chestnut Hill 84, PS-Berks 54
Baptist Bible 84, Keystone 74

2/5
Cazenovia 93, PS-Berks 87
Keuka 67, Polytechnic 56
Villa Julie 70, D'Youville 59
Keystone 72, Philly Bible 69

2/6
D'Youville 50, Polytechnic 41
Keuka 85, PS-Berks 71

2/7
Utica 81, Cazenovia 48
Villa Julie 78, Gallaudet 68

hooplafan

Last night...

Rival Cazenovia knocks off Keuka, 76-67, on the road to avenge a 86-78 loss at home to the Storm back on Jan. 26.  

Villa Julie turns away visiting Keystone 85-64, using a 20-7 spurt to open the second half to pull away.  The Giants had won the first meeting between the two league-leaders, 85-76, back on Jan. 22.

hooplafan

2/10
Philly Bible 88, PS-Berks 63

2/12  
Cazenovia 78, Polytechnic 64
Keystone 82, D'Youville 67
Keuka 95, Villa Julie 80

2/13
D'Youville 64, Bard 46

Old School

D3hoops Fan's (Poster's) Top 25 Poll next year?

Attn:

I am currently thinking about running a fan's poll for the Top 25 starting next season (may not have a poll until the new year, to avoid previous year's bias, among other things).  I am looking for posters who are knowledgeable not only about their teams, but about their conference and even other conferences, and having a familiarity about other regions as well.  Obviously, there will be some bias towards the teams you know, but it is very important to become familiar with other teams from other regions of the nation.  Though this is a Top 25 poll for fun, it is important to take it seriously and not just vote your team #1 just for the sake of it.  I also ask that you not miss sending in your ballots any week.  It's not a pick em league where you simply go 0-25 for the week!  Ballots would be submitted by Sunday night/early Monday morning, prior to the official D3Hoops poll coming out.  This poll would be strictly independent of the official poll.  

If you are interested, feel you qualify, and are willing to take this seriously, to a point, please email me to show your interest.  Include in the subject line: Poster's Poll, or something like that.  Also include your handle, since I most likely won't know your handle from your real name (email address), the conference/team and region you would "represent".  I'd like to get at least one poster from each region.  

Thanks.

Michael Palmere

does anyone from this conference write on this page or what?  On Tuesday VJC beat a team by 50, yes 50!!!!
GOOD LUCK Villa Julie on Thursday, make us alum proud.