FB: USA South Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks88

Nice win for the Hawks against BSC. Always happy when we get the win in this game. Still a good bit of work to do on defense as three of their scores were on big plays where we had breakdowns that made it a lot closer than I thought it should have been. I just went back and looked at the bad call in the third that almost turned momentum where the incomplete pass was ruled a lateral and recovered by BSC. Bailey released the ball from between the 33 and 34 which then deflected off Floyd's hands at the 35 so it was absolutely a forward pass, not even close. Luckily our D came up big there and got the ball back. If BSC scores there we could have been in a dog fight the rest of the way.

Mumme's air raid coming to town next week with Belhaven. Hope we get ready and limit those big plays as I think they could give us a lot of trouble.

Go Hawks!

hasanova

I just took a video peek at Frank R. Campbell Stadium at Averett ... looks as though the Cougars took a big step up from what was there.  Kudos.

Steve

This board is still quiet. I guess everyone is still waiting to see how things go this weekend. I still think the USAC is better. This week will be interesting. Hoping the usa will give the odoc some good games. The conference games will be dog fights if all the teams continue to improve this weekend. Good luck USAC, bring home some wins this weekend.

DGPugh

Go Hawks
Nice win
Must Get ready for N.C. Wesleyan on Nov 1
Keep the faith
"Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." 
Ephesians 6:11

Hawks88

758 yds of total offense for Huntingdon today, 381 rushing and 377 passing so good balance there. Defense gave up 464 yds but was much tighter and without the big breakdowns and didn't give up so many big plays as the first two games. Was helped by 7 Belhaven turnovers.
Open date next week. Time to get in gear for conference play with the long trip to NC Wesleyan for the opener.

Hawk'Em!

CNU85

Congrats to Huntingdon on the nice start. I've been keeping an eye on you guys.  CNU never really got to play you guys much. Good luck the rest of the way. Hopefully during the bye week the D figures a way to stop the opponents offense. Averaging 500 yds per game vs teams that were 10-20 last year. Conference play will see some better teams. It was always difficult in USA South to figure out how teams really stacked up after the first 3 weeks of non conference play. I have a feeling the conference has more parity this year.

GillCJ1

Nice win for the Hawks.  I actually picked Belhaven to upset them, though I wasn't feeling particularly confident in that decision.  You never know what might happen when facing a Humme offense.  The Cru has certainly seen its fair share (good and bad) from him.
ASC Football Champs 2002-03, 2005-2018 | D-III National Champions 2016, 2018

2016 National Confidence Playoff Pick 'Em Champion
2017 ASC Pick 'Em Co-Champion

Scots13

Congrats to Maryville's Pierre Chadwick and Ferrum's Motel Lee on being named to the Team of the Week for their play against E&H and HSC.
Where Chilhowee's lofty mountains pierce the southern blue, proudly stands our Alma Mater
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

Allen C

Thought I would check out the board. Have not been here in a while. Ferrum showing definite signs of life on the field, and have a pretty good collection of talent. Hoping for a .500 season this year. Doubt they are in the conference title talk right now, but I do believe they are headed in the right direction. I will have an article up on the blog today giving a lot of detail to the Panthers turning around #restoretheroar

blog url:

www.ferrumfootball.blogspot.com
BEWARE THE BLACK HATS!

Hawks88

USA South tweeted today that there is a big announcement coming Friday. Anybody got any ideas what it might be?

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Hawks88 on September 28, 2016, 06:20:50 PM
USA South tweeted today that there is a big announcement coming Friday. Anybody got any ideas what it might be?
Confidence interval

45%   Which school is adding football?
40%   Which school has sought membership in the USA South?
5%    The USA South has voted to split in two?
~10%  Something else?
0.000000001%  LSU has hired a football coach from a USA South school to be the new head coach.

jknezek

They don't really need another football school although even numbers are nice. Be interesting to see what it is.

Hawks88

Quote from: Ralph Turner on September 28, 2016, 07:04:51 PM
Confidence interval

45%   Which school is adding football? Don't think Covenant would. Piedmont?
40%   Which school has sought membership in the USA South? MUW? Don't know that that would fall under "big announcement."
5%    The USA South has voted to split in two? Maybe, maybe not.
~10%  Something else? ]
0.000000001%  LSU has hired a football coach from a USA South school to be the new head coach. LOL

hasanova

Quote from: DGPugh on September 17, 2016, 08:29:11 PM
Go Hawks
Nice win
Must Get ready for N.C. Wesleyan on Nov 1
Keep the faith
I think you meant Oct. 1 ... should be an interesting game.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Ralph Turner on September 28, 2016, 07:04:51 PM
Confidence interval

45%   Which school is adding football?
40%   Which school has sought membership in the USA South?
5%    The USA South has voted to split in two?
~10%  Something else?
0.000000001%  LSU has hired a football coach from a USA South school to be the new head coach.

Going to guess some scheduling arrangement with the ODAC, maybe even loaning a school to the ODAC for football only.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.