MBB: Upper Midwest Athletic Conference

Started by bethelguy, October 04, 2004, 02:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d3bballfollower

Augsburg gets win #1 this year after getting by Scholastica today 84-72...pretty boring game from the sound of it...
"A true champion is someone bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is looking."

Hoopology101

Happy Holidays to all my UMAC fans! Look forward to future conversations once UMAC play starts up in Jan
Players are made during the off season, and teams are formed in the winter by the coaches.

d3bballfollower

big day for the UMAC today with 2 games against the MIAC...NWC couldn't get by a pesky Mac team last game, but get a chance to redeem themselves today against Hamline...and Presentation hosts Augsburg, which should be a very interesting matchup...I will be at this game and will provide commentary afterwards...
"A true champion is someone bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is looking."

d3bballfollower

conference play starts back up tomorrow! the most interesting matchup of the night may be Martin Luther at Presentation (yikes)...how many teams will go 2-0?  how many will go 0-2?  who will start to assert themself as a top tier UMAC team?

Matt Carroll

Quote from: d3bballfollower on January 10, 2008, 01:13:57 PM
conference play starts back up tomorrow! the most interesting matchup of the night may be Martin Luther at Presentation (yikes)...how many teams will go 2-0?  how many will go 0-2?  who will start to assert themself as a top tier UMAC team?

NWC will go 2-0, although Scholastica could pull an upset on Friday.  That game and the Morris-BLC game will be interesting.  I feel that Morris will also go 2-0, they have too many scorers (Allen, Dalbey, Jensen) for BLC to handle.  I think Northland will 0-2 and so will Presentation. 

AO

Wow, a four way tie for 2nd place.  A coin flip and a possible play-in game?  Can anyone explain this?

Matt Carroll

Quote from: AO on February 20, 2008, 12:08:08 AM
Wow, a four way tie for 2nd place.  A coin flip and a possible play-in game?  Can anyone explain this?

per UMAC website, 1) Northwestern 2) Martin Luther 3) St Scholastica (won the coin flip) 4)  Bethany Lutheran/Minn-Morris (Play in game).  Basically every team except for MLC had everything tied (head to head, con. road win/losses) so hence the coin flip and play in game.  Predictions for 1st team and POY?

AO

Great atmosphere tonight at the Ericksen.  Martin Luther had a very large student section which was probably louder than the Northwestern section, though they were outnumbered.  Towards the end when the score was getting tight it was as loud as I have ever heard in that gym.

Anderstrom was a beast in the final minutes blocking shots and scoring at will.  With all the momentum MLC was picking up towards the end of the game, a Knight win seemed almost inevitable until Mike turned it up.

Congrats to Martin Luther and all other UMAC teams on a great season!

klomp44

Northwestern plays at SMSU Friday. Any insight?

AO

SMSU is looking very good while my guys are looking very small.  Maybe we can keep it close, who knows.

petemcb

Found my way over here from, primarily, the CCIW board.  Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and what's the scoop on St. Scholastica this season?  They may end up playing Carthage next week at St. Norbert's.

petemcb

Quote from: petemcb on December 25, 2008, 06:02:34 PM
Found my way over here from, primarily, the CCIW board.  Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and what's the scoop on St. Scholastica this season?  They may end up playing Carthage next week at St. Norbert's.

Wow.  Hopefully, their team is more active than their fans........ :D

AO

Scholastica should put up a good fight as they have some shooters, but I don't think the athletic ability is quite up to par. 

UMACFAN

This year?  front runners?

1) Morris, they return Dalbey and Phil Allen and have a nice recruiting class.
2) Northwestern, they return Stephen Hanson and always have good recruiting classes.
3) SCC, they just flat out recruit the MCC and get studs in there.

The rest, who knows.

Gacman

What has happened to Bethany? Over the last four years, they have had some really talented players in their, just not alot of depth. I didn't see them play on Saturday against GAC, but who did they lose from last years team besides Wills that would cause them to be 0-9?
The second mouse always gets the cheese.