MBB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Oxy'03SalemPavers, March 10, 2005, 12:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: (509)Rat on February 26, 2017, 01:57:42 PM
So then the question is...would Whitman submarine their womens team's chance to host by not have putting in a bid to do so? I mean, they knew that the men would be in a good position to host a 1st round pod. So unless you bid as a university/facility and then let the NCAA tourney chips fall where they may...I'm sure they would have no problem sending their women's team to Tacoma...

I didn't hear anyone who thought Whitman has a chance to host over UPS; I don't think it's an issue.  It is possible, I think, to put in for hosting both men and women, you just have to do so with two different facilities.  I'm not sure that's ever been done, but it's theoretically possible.  UWSP has two venues on campus, although I'm not sure if they've ever tried to do this.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on February 27, 2017, 08:03:19 AM
Quote from: (509)Rat on February 26, 2017, 01:57:42 PM
So then the question is...would Whitman submarine their womens team's chance to host by not have putting in a bid to do so? I mean, they knew that the men would be in a good position to host a 1st round pod. So unless you bid as a university/facility and then let the NCAA tourney chips fall where they may...I'm sure they would have no problem sending their women's team to Tacoma...

I didn't hear anyone who thought Whitman has a chance to host over UPS; I don't think it's an issue.  It is possible, I think, to put in for hosting both men and women, you just have to do so with two different facilities.  I'm not sure that's ever been done, but it's theoretically possible.  UWSP has two venues on campus, although I'm not sure if they've ever tried to do this.

No... I don't believe you can put in for two different facilities, either. That doesn't solve staffing issues and more importantly it doesn't mean one won't get overshadowed.

The easiest example of this is at UWSP as you gave... the two programs play in two different arenas and they have never been allowed to dual-host. In 2012(?), Puget Sound men hosted as UWSP men were put on the road because UWSP women were at home. Of course, UWSP put in to host, but the NCAA won't allow it.

So no... not even in theory is this allowed.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Gosox

Well congrats for CMS who won the SCIAC...positive they get one more game...SCIAC just cannot compete against anyone outside their league....

Gregory Sager

The SCIAC wins a tourney game! And against perennial tormenter Whitworth, no less!

Where is Oxy'03SalemPavers when you need him?
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

stag44

Congrats to the Stags! Going up to Walla Walla and beating Whitworth!!

On to the 2nd round and a likely matchup with #1 Whitman on their court

cmsme

Yes. Best wishes CMS. I am watching from afar with my fingers crossed and my eyes clinched. It was such a satisfying feeling when you beat Whitworth.
Mother of former #42--when we lost to Whitworth

CMSfan

Got to be there in person tonight. Stags played a great game! They'll have their work cut out for them against Whitman tomorrow for sure.

Gray Fox

The CMS women won in Dallas at the same time.
They will be playing Trinity tonight.  I was there.  Very entertaining.
Fierce When Roused

Jack Parkman

Cal Lu hires a new head coach and it's not Dains, a guy that has been there for 21 years and just took them within a few minutes of the tournament.  That has to be a very tough pill to swallow.

http://clusports.com/news/13300/

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Jack Parkman on May 11, 2017, 07:01:56 PM
Cal Lu hires a new head coach and it's not Dains, a guy that has been there for 21 years and just took them within a few minutes of the tournament.  That has to be a very tough pill to swallow.

http://clusports.com/news/13300/

I have seen a few comments about this over the last few weeks in different mediums... now I ask the following having been the person who broke the news of who was being hired at Cal Lu, but does anyone know if Dains was actually interested in the job or applied? I am asking seriously as I don't know who were the finalists for the job other than the person who got the job.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Gosox

Yes he was!

The Cal Lu Administration struck out on this one...they will look like fools after a Coach like Dains  was in thier grasp for 21 years, took the team to Conference finals and now you do not even give him a realistic shot at the job he just proved he can not only handle but handle successfully!

Sounds like someone on the inside has or owed a favor to a buddy to get them a job.....

It is ashame...hate to see it when Coach Dains gets another head coaching job and has success.....AGAIN

Good luck to Coach Dains!!!

OxyBob

Quote from: Gosox on June 06, 2017, 04:38:38 PM
Good luck to Coach Dains!!!

Geoff should have gotten the HC job at CLU. I hope Geoff and Bob Massell land new gigs.

I saw Gosox at Dodger Stadium this past Saturday. He picked me out of the crowd with his keen police sense. It was great to see him but I could have done without being frisked, handcuffed and perp walked to my seat.

OxyBob

Gosox

;D  Glad to see Oxy back on here! It's about time! Let the good times roll again!  I was looking to see if you had any of my Topps Baseball Cards on ya!   So counts as a "search!"....Great seeing your son too!...GO DODGERS!!!!!

OxyBob

Quote from: Gosox on October 11, 2017, 02:08:15 PM
Glad to see Oxy back on here! It's about time! Let the good times roll again! 

Looking forward to a new season. Hopefully Oxy's basketball team won't meet the same fate as the football team.

OxyBob

Gray Fox

Quote from: OxyBob on October 19, 2017, 05:42:05 PM
Quote from: Gosox on October 11, 2017, 02:08:15 PM
Glad to see Oxy back on here! It's about time! Let the good times roll again! 

Looking forward to a new season. Hopefully Oxy's basketball team won't meet the same fate as the football team.

OxyBob
The fall in W/L ratio since the AD came on board.
Always easy to find some jocks to fill in for hoops.
Fierce When Roused