Author Topic: FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference  (Read 4020852 times)

Offline emma17

• All-American
    • View Profile
Re: FB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
« Reply #42300 on: February 15, 2017, 12:23:42 pm »
Yaeggi wasn't at UB very long. 
This may have been shared in 2016, but it's a good article on Yaeggi's journey, w a little UB insight.
http://m.lacrossetribune.com/sports/local/uw-l-lands-d-i-transfer-tarek-yaeggi/article_67fcba97-3427-5eeb-9596-94c3eb30d9bb.html

Offline Pat Coleman

• D3sports.com Guru
  • Administrator
  • All-American
  • Check the front page or FAQs before you ask.
    • View Profile
    • D3sports.com
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Let's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Offline HansenRatings

• Starter
    • View Profile
    • Hansen Ratings - D3FB Computer Ratings
« Reply #42302 on: February 17, 2017, 09:21:36 am »
My WAY TOO EARLY projections for the WIAC:
TEAM   Est W   Est L
UWO   6.1   0.9
UWP   5.6   1.4
UWW   5.3   1.7
UWSP   3.4   3.6
UWL   2.7   4.3
UWRF   2.4   4.6
UWSt   1.7   5.3
UWEC   0.8   6.2

Once returning starter adjustments come in, I suspect that UWO & UWP will regress a bit, while UWW will probably climb.
Follow me on Twitter. I post fun graphs sometimes. @LogHanRatings

Offline emma17

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #42303 on: February 17, 2017, 10:24:31 am »
Thanks Hansen.
If you ran the same projections one year ago at this time, what would the results look like?

Offline HansenRatings

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42304 on: February 20, 2017, 01:48:28 pm »
Thanks Hansen.
If you ran the same projections one year ago at this time, what would the results look like?

Before the returning starter adjustments last season:

TEAM   Est W   Est L
UWW   6.0   1.0
UWO   5.7   1.3
UWP   5.4   1.6
UWSP   4.0   3.0
UWL   2.8   4.2
UWSt   1.7   5.3
UWRF   1.3   5.7
UWEC   1.1   5.9

And after adjusting for returning starters:

TEAM   Est W   Est L
UWW   6.1   0.9
UWO   5.7   1.3
UWP   5.4   1.6
UWSP   3.9   3.1
UWL   3.1   3.9
UWSt   1.6   5.4
UWRF   1.3   5.7
UWEC   0.9   6.1

Offline emma17

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #42305 on: February 20, 2017, 05:39:54 pm »
I was most curious where UWO stood last year. 
Thanks.

Offline doolittledog

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42306 on: March 01, 2017, 11:21:27 am »
There was a post on the D2 board that mentioned Winona St was disgruntled in the NSIC and mentioned moving to that "Wisconsin League"  I am guessing they meant the WIAC.  Has anyone here heard anything about that?  I only looked back 3 pages here and saw no mentions.  Would the WIAC be interested if this rumor is true?
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Offline Just Bill

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #42307 on: March 01, 2017, 12:24:47 pm »
There was a post on the D2 board that mentioned Winona St was disgruntled in the NSIC and mentioned moving to that "Wisconsin League"  I am guessing they meant the WIAC.  Has anyone here heard anything about that?  I only looked back 3 pages here and saw no mentions.  Would the WIAC be interested if this rumor is true?

Obviously, they'd have to start by moving to D-III first (in all sports, not just football), which would be quite the serious decision and would involve a four-year transition process IF D-III allowed them in. I think that hurdle alone is probably more than WSU wants to tackle. That's a much larger campus discussion than just, "Hey we'd like a different football league"
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

Offline doolittledog

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42308 on: March 01, 2017, 12:43:45 pm »
Upon further review I guess the 'talk' of Winona moving to the WIAC is actually just one disgruntled Winona fan talking on the message board. Interesting off season theory anyway. I suppose if the IIAC can add a school from Nebraska, it would be possible for the WIAC to add a Minnesota state school.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Offline HansenRatings

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42309 on: March 01, 2017, 12:57:02 pm »
Upon further review I guess the 'talk' of Winona moving to the WIAC is actually just one disgruntled Winona fan talking on the message board. Interesting off season theory anyway. I suppose if the IIAC can add a school from Nebraska, it would be possible for the WIAC to add a Minnesota state school.

With the major difference here being that all of the schools in the WIAC are operated under the purview of the larger University of Wisconsin system. The IIAC schools don't have a singular board in that sense.

Offline emma17

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #42310 on: March 01, 2017, 03:17:29 pm »
With UWO there, UWP an inch from being there and UWL about to be there, as far as I'm concerned that Wisconsin League doesn't need any more competition for the Warhawks.

Offline badgerwarhawk

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #42311 on: March 02, 2017, 12:17:07 pm »

Obviously, they'd have to start by moving to D-III first (in all sports, not just football), which would be quite the serious decision and would involve a four-year transition process IF D-III allowed them in. I think that hurdle alone is probably more than WSU wants to tackle. That's a much larger campus discussion than just, "Hey we'd like a different football league"

Winona State is already a WIAC affiliate in women's gymnastics. 
WARHAWKS,WARHAWKS,WARHAWKS

Offline Just Bill

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #42312 on: March 03, 2017, 12:06:22 pm »

Winona State is already a WIAC affiliate in women's gymnastics.
Yes, because in women's gymnastics the NCAA divisions are not separated, they compete together. It's all "National Collegiate". Since most smaller school can't possibly compete with the UCLA's and Utah's of the gymnastics world, they gather for the NGCA National Championships, a coaches association sponsored championships for D-II and D-III level schools. Football won't work like that.

In football and most sports you can't "play down" in football, and still keep your other sports D-I or D-II. This is the "Dayton Rule". Dayton at one point had a D-I athletics program with a D-III football team. The NCAA membership decided they were gaining an unfair advantage as their D-I track and field athletes were populating the skill positions of the D-III football team. So they changed the rule. There's a couple of grandfathered programs that still do this (Johns Hopkins lacrosse is the most prominent), but you can't do it anymore.

(Didn't think you'd come hear for collegiate gymnastics talk, did you?)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 12:12:59 pm by Just Bill »
"That seems silly and pointless..." - Hoops Fan

The first and still most accurate description of the D3 Championship BeltTM thread.

Offline badgerwarhawk

• All-American
    • View Profile
« Reply #42313 on: March 04, 2017, 10:37:48 am »
No, I didn't.  But thanks for clarifying it.  I remember when Dayton had the DIII football program. 
WARHAWKS,WARHAWKS,WARHAWKS

Offline HansenRatings

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42314 on: March 15, 2017, 10:57:52 am »
Good preview for Coach Leipold's 2017 season on SBNation.com