FB: New England Small College Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gate90 and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

JEFFFAN

Quote from: jumpshot on February 13, 2017, 08:31:03 AM
Anyone who thinks a level playing field of consistent governance exists in NESCAC is naive. Only a few stalwarts of longtime standing actually conform with standards ----and realize their institution is better off for doing so. Others, well, they are entitled to do whatever they think is in the best interests of their enterprise, and their practices are widely known.

Say what??

JEFFFAN

A highly unofficial listing of the Amherst College Class of 2021 football recruits:

I am a new Amherst football parent (subject to admissions)... I thought you might appreciate the following, preliminary 2017 football recruiting class.  I compiled it from twitter and local papers, so its definitely unofficial. I did not want to post publicly:

1   Albino   Matt   G, DT   CT   6'0   260
2   Andrzejewski   Tristan   MLB, WR   CT   5'10   195
3   Ayyub   Jacob   G, DT   MA   6'3   300
4   Azad   Arman   DE   NC   6'1   210
5   Bates   Brett   DE   OH   6'3   225
6   Brandeis   Sam    RB, DE   NY   6'2   225
7   ChryssicasGrant   OLB, RB   MA   6'1   215
8   Durborow   Matt   FS, WR   NJ   5'11   178
9   Durkin   Kevin   CB, SB   HI   5'9   164
10   Kelly   Joe   DE   NY   6'3   245
11   Lampson   Hunter   T, DT   OR   6'7   305
12   Michaud   Oliver   QB   SC   6'1   215
13   Puller   Langston   G, DT   MA   6'3   270
14   Trunnell   Chase   RB, OLB   FL   6'2   225

lumbercat

Jeffan
add another one to your list-
Turner Garland WR St Pauls 6'4" 190

Former CAC Coach

Here is another addition to the Purple and White recruit list:

Morrison, Brendan  OG, DL  Shaker H.S.   NY  6'3" 280      His older brother was Captain and OT at Dartmouth this past season

ColbyFootball

I just heard that about 5 players have left the Colby football program including arguably the best WR on the roster. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? It's been a very quiet winter thus far. Seems like the status quo will be maintained, including not winning very much. Thought?

westcoastDad

If this is true, then that really sucks for Colby. 

I just heard that about 5 players have left the Colby football program including arguably the best WR on the roster. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? It's been a very quiet winter thus far. Seems like the status quo will be maintained, including not winning very much. Thought?
[/quote]

NESCAC.Football.Observer

In a surprising early move, Amherst selected/announced 2017 captains already..... Typically (last 5 years) they don't announce captains until the first week of May or so....

Offense:
- Reece Foy (Sr QB)(from HI)
- Elijah Zabludoff (Sr OL)(from CA)
Defense:
- Bolaji Ekhator (Sr DL)(from MA)
- Zach Allen (Junior Safety)(from OR)

And congrats to Zabs' dad who (I suspect) is one of our CA posters!! 

And I thought I'd add that both Foy and Allen are FCS nee D-1AA transfers.  Foy from USD and Allen from Stetson.

amh63

Open question to all....still looking for news/status of the 9th game in the Nescac.
Will clarify one point raised by NFO....WCD is not the father of Zab the fine OL or any of the Amherst captains to be.

NESCAC.Football.Observer

Quote from: amh63 on February 17, 2017, 10:45:08 AM
Open question to all....still looking for news/status of the 9th game in the Nescac.
Will clarify one point raised by NFO....WCD is not the father of Zab the fine OL or any of the Amherst captains to be.

Wasn't referring to WCD.......

frank uible

amh63: If you were a betting man (which I am sure you are not - what Amherst man would entertain such a vice?), you would have lost a small fortune on the accumulation of losses from your optimistic annual wagers concerning a 9th game.

amh63

Frank U....I would wager a bet that the majority of posters here presently and in the past would like to see a 9 game schedule.  Then all football schools would meet each other every year! 

frank uible

jumpshot

More evidence from new England football observer of the plague's blatant extensive use of transfers to gain a competitive advantage in its "major" sports. Likely to trigger further backlash following recent report on curtailing and reforming troubled athletics at the plague.

IslandTime

Quote from: jumpshot on February 18, 2017, 11:59:58 AM
More evidence from new England football observer of the plague's blatant extensive use of transfers to gain a competitive advantage in its "major" sports. Likely to trigger further backlash following recent report on curtailing and reforming troubled athletics at the plague.

Troubled athletics.....lol

Grabowski

Quote from: frank uible on February 18, 2017, 04:03:48 AM
Unfortunately no poster has a vote.

I may not have a vote, but that won't stop me from voting.

Failing the 9th game addition (as it will probably be) I'd like to see a little thought go into each season's schedule.  With the league being fairly clearly divided between haves and have nots, why not inject a little variable scheduling?  IMHO, it's sub-optimal that Middlebury and Wes didn't play each other last year, or for that matter, Bowdoin and Williams. 

Each year, let's take last year's top five and bottom five, and make it certain that each of these groups plays a full round robin within their group?  Set each of the top five from '16 to miss a bottom five team on the '17 schedule.  The league needs more competitive matchups.  If we're skipping a game a year, why not take a step to be sure that the skipped game is likely to be non-competitive?