MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Board Mod

Titan Hammer

I tried getting the entire AC list in last night, but computer issues kept that from happening.  I did want to get on the record as saying Zach Freeman should be first team (looks like the CCIW Coaches didn't agree).  If anyone bashes me for having green tinted glasses, be sure to include in the same sentence whom you would take as your starting center in the CCIW instead of Zach.  I also think that Matt Arnold and Chris Jones could be considered for most improved.  However, the definition of that award sometimes requires a certain amount of playing time the year before.  I have no argument with the other voters picks on the MIP.  Coach Trost deserves the COY and Adam deserves the MOP...as did all of the other award winners.

Good luck to the Titans and the Thunder in the playoffs.

Titan Hammer

I just noticed something from the CCIW AC team:  I think they accidentally switched Jon Steven with Jay McAdams-Thorton.  Again, I go with whom I would pick if I were starting a team today:  Dauksas, Amelianovich, Martin, Steven, and Freeman.  It must have been Steven's inconsistency that hurt him.

Mr. Ypsi

Hammer,

I think inconsistency must have REALLY infuriated the coaches - I had Nielson first team over Steven, but dropping him all the way to 3rd team - wow!

The consensus seems to be that on sheer talent, Steven should have been an MOP candidate, but many voters dropped him to 2nd team.  But 3rd team?!  

'New' insight!  Coaches' REALLY don't like players who 'disappear' for long stretches, however talented they may be!

Titan Q

Hammer, you should still get your picks in - this was never going to be a "beat the coaches" thing.  Greg is going to compile the votes here and announce the "All-CCIW Chat" team.

Zach Freeman is the best big guy in the league.  Had he not gotten hurt, he'd be on the 1st Team.

Hegotgame42

Titan Hammer, The consensus seems to be that the all conference team doesn't need 2 guards, 2 forwards, and a center.  Just the five best players overall.

Hegotgame42

1st Team
Adam Dauksas
Keelan Amelianovich
Chris Martin
Jonathan Steven
Kent Raymond

2nd Team
Jon Nielson
Mike Wilson
Rick Harrigan
Anthony Simmons
Zach Freeman

3rd Team
Chuck Williams
Brett Mathisen
Nick Michael
Jay McAdams-Thornton
Martin Trimiew

My Team: Wheaton
Defense: Trimiew
Improved: Michael
Newcomer: Raymond
Coach: Scherer
MOP: Martin

(Message edited by hegotgame42 on March 2, 2005)

Gregory Sager

I don't agree. I think it's Simmons. But that's an argument for the main room, not this one.

Gregory Sager

Hegotgame, you've got Freeman on both your first and second teams.

Hegotgame42

Saw it as soon as I hit post.  Thank you Pat for the edit button.

Titan Hammer

I'm not going to bother with all three teams at this point, but I will still disagree with Greg (if that's what he means by his Simmons comment) and take Zach as the best big man in the league - not even a second thought.  I would also take my team against any with Dauksas, Amelianovich, Martin, Steven, and Zach.

Tomorrow night:  Wheaton proves itself with an 80 -67 win over Calvin.

Look forward to seeing those that can make it to the Shirk Center on Saturday night.

Point Special

12-8 Calvin with 12 minutes to go.  Calvin defense causing many Wheaton turnovers.

Mr. Ypsi

Hanover jumped out to a 8-0 lead in the first minute, but IWU is now up 19-15 (11? minutes left).  By all predictions, the fast pace of action favors the Titans - Q began the broadcast saying Hanover wins if it's in the 50s, IWU wins if it's above the 70s.

Mr. Ypsi

2:30 left, Hanover 28, IWU 24.  Score definitely looking like Hanover preferred pace, but actually seems like a Titan pace, just no one can make a basket!

20 seconds later, 30-29.

I'm not sure WHO this favors - but it is a helluva game!

Mr. Ypsi

Halftime: Hanover 33, Titans 29.

It's a helluva a game in terms of closeness, but I suspect both teams have pretty pathetic shooting percentages (and that includes numerous blown lay-ups)!