MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoPerry

Sorry about this but I have to say it.  If Carroll is going to invest in streaming the games live, is it too much to ask the camera operator to pay attention and keep the camera on the end of the floor where the ball is?

GoPerry

Carroll 68
Wheaton 52

Aston Francis  15 pts, 5-17 FG
Trevor Gunter, 11 pts 6 rebs
Ricky Samuelson 11 pts

Ben Widdes, 18 pts 5 rebs
Nick Penny and Tyler Ingebrigtsen, 11 each

Tied at 46 with 9 mins left, I thought the Pios' subsequent 17-0 run was, shall we say, rather 'untimely' from a Wheaton perspective.  Oh well.  Spoiler role now as they head to Kenosha on Tuesday.

Not a game to be happy with for the Thunder but still plenty of optimism for the program.

unanimous22

Quote from: AndOne on February 18, 2017, 04:18:35 PM
Quote from: Titan Q on February 18, 2017, 12:11:34 PM
Here is my Saturday morning take on Pool C - http://www.d3boards.com/index.php?topic=4232.msg1791819#msg1791819.

I have IWU right on the bubble at spot #16...essentially the last team in since I always assume there will be 5 major upsets that send Pool As to Pool C.  The Titans are in the Pool C picture but absolutely need 2 wins.

I have Carthage and North Park both out at this point.  Both can get to the bubble with 2 wins.

IWU will enjoy a tremendous advantage tonight at home vs North Central as the visitors will be without pre-season All-American Connor Raridon who scored 19 points, and had 8 rebounds in the Cardinals first conference round win in Naperville in December. Six of the Cardinals seven conference losses have come since Raridon's injury knocked him out for the remainder of the year. However, the Cardinals have not exactly rolled over, played dead, and gotten creamed as those six losses have been by an average of 6.6 points a game. NCC took both 1st place Augie and 2nd place Carthage to OT.
With a win tonight NCC can not only knock IWU, which still has to play Augie, out of the CCIW tourney picture, but can qualify for the #4 spot (with some help) themselves so the Cardinals will be fighting every second of the game to try to secure that spot. It will take a supreme effort for all involved to pull out a W tonight at IWU. If NCC doesn't give that effort, especially with what's on the line, I'll be quite surprised, and they'll have only themselves to blame. But a Cardinal win tonight night is certainly a possibility even against a talented home team who has a lot to lose themselves.

Wait, PRESEASON ALL-AMERICAN Connor Raridon is out tonight??!?  What breaking and shocking news.   :'( :'( :'(

tjcummingsfan

Quote from: GoPerry on February 18, 2017, 06:55:46 PM

Sorry about this but I have to say it.  If Carroll is going to invest in streaming the games live, is it too much to ask the camera operator to pay attention and keep the camera on the end of the floor where the ball is?

Agreed, that was pretty frustrating. 

Gregory Sager

Carroll beats Wheatgn. I'm pretty surprised by that.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

izzy stradlin

Quote from: unanimous22 on February 18, 2017, 07:25:32 PM
Here is my Saturday morning take on Pool C - http://www.d3boards.com/index.php?topic=4232.msg1791819#msg1791819.

I have IWU right on the bubble at spot #16...essentially the last team in since I always assume there will be 5 major upsets that send Pool As to Pool C.  The Titans are in the Pool C picture but absolutely need 2 wins.

I have Carthage and North Park both out at this point.  Both can get to the bubble with 2 wins.

IWU will enjoy a tremendous advantage tonight at home vs North Central as the visitors will be without pre-season All-American Connor Raridon who scored 19 points, and had 8 rebounds in the Cardinals first conference round win in Naperville in December. Six of the Cardinals seven conference losses have come since Raridon's injury knocked him out for the remainder of the year. However, the Cardinals have not exactly rolled over, played dead, and gotten creamed as those six losses have been by an average of 6.6 points a game. NCC took both 1st place Augie and 2nd place Carthage to OT.
With a win tonight NCC can not only knock IWU, which still has to play Augie, out of the CCIW tourney picture, but can qualify for the #4 spot (with some help) themselves so the Cardinals will be fighting every second of the game to try to secure that spot. It will take a supreme effort for all involved to pull out a W tonight at IWU. If NCC doesn't give that effort, especially with what's on the line, I'll be quite surprised, and they'll have only themselves to blame. But a Cardinal win tonight night is certainly a possibility even against a talented home team who has a lot to lose themselves.

Wait, PRESEASON ALL-AMERICAN Connor Raridon is out tonight??!?  What breaking and shocking news.   :'( :'( :'(

My thoughts exactly.

AppletonRocks

Carthage and Carroll......as previously discussed.  :D
Run the floor or Run DMC !!

2016 WIAC Pick 'Em Board Champion

iwumichigander

Quote from: izzy stradlin on February 18, 2017, 08:34:45 PM
Quote from: unanimous22 on February 18, 2017, 07:25:32 PM

My thoughts exactly.
Nice spin by AndOne

iwu70

Mr. Ypsi

NCC led IWU most of the game by slim margins.  They are now headed to OT, tied at 71.

mr_b

OT in Chicago: North Park 87, Augustana 82.  Colin Lake led all scorers with 26 points.  Congratulations to Juwan Henry for scoring his 2,000 point!

Gregory Sager

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

shepherd

NCC 82 Il Wesleyan 80

Augustana 11-4
North Park 10-5
Carthage 10-5

North Central 9-7 done
-------------------------------------------
Illinois Weleyan 8-7 plays Augustana at home   Lost to North Central twice. I believe officially out of the tournament.
Wheaton 8-7 plays Carthage away.  Lost to North Central twice. I believe officially out of the tournament.

shepherd