FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalCat

Quote from: olddog on August 16, 2017, 11:27:40 AM
Quote from: olddog on August 16, 2017, 11:25:45 AM
Oxy numbers way down, in the high 40's, only six O linemen. 8 or 9 d linemen. Its going to be real ugly.

I did notice, no frosh in roster yet, don't know how well they did in the off season, 10 or 15 newbies.

Also missing from their 2017 roster is Chris Rom-Toribio who would be Do's replacement in backfield. Hopefully for Oxy's sake it is an error of omission.  Oxy is thin upfront but if Toribio does play and find some holes he would be an exciting guy to watch. 
CalCat

RFB

Skip Fazio (Former Redlands DC) has been added to the Redlands coaching staff. I enjoyed watching his defenses, he has a lot of experience.

OCguy

Undie Runs are during finals week so a few months out. Chapman reports to camp today. I'm excited to hear about some of the transfers and talent they brought in.

olddog

Quote from: RFB on August 16, 2017, 02:23:49 PM
Skip Fazio (Former Redlands DC) has been added to the Redlands coaching staff. I enjoyed watching his defenses, he has a lot of experience.

He has a couple SS back and a FS that was in rotation if they have not moved any to corners, key to that defense (3-3-5) in my opinion is the ability for both SS to tackle...Hope he can coach them up...D line depth is the biggest issue, lost 3 out of the 5 in rotation and second issue is corner play. 
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

OCguy

First impression is that Chapman will have a very stout front seven. Both nose guards and 2/4 DE that played are back. The linebackers will be heavy run stoppers but the question is can they cover. The secondary may be the biggest concern on the Defensive side of the ball. Tackling and good angles will be key.
Qb returns with a ton of WR talent, question will be if the Oline can block long enough to give em a chance. Chapman will be competitive in every game, the question is can they win the close ones.

I am sure i will learn more as camp continues. would love to know more about La Vern and their program. Redlands, Chaptown and Oxy seem to the most represented here.

D O.C.

Quotebut the question is can they cover

In previous games with LINFIELD that would be a problem.

If you've noticed, the LINFIELD posters have been rather silent (perhaps you did not know they usually aren't) because we really don't know what to expect. We've shuffled the whole deck and haven't seen our cards. If you looked at the d3football.com pre-season All-America team you did not see one (1) name from LINFIELD -  a rare occurrence. Chapman does have a fellow named.

Trust the the WILDCATS will not be looking past Chapman to the following game with #1 Mary Hardin Baylor.

OCguy

DOC - Does this season feel similar to when you came down to Chapman the first time? First game jitters could/will play a factor in this one. I am very excited and i am looking forward to seeing both the Linfield and Chapman contingent in attendance.

olddog

Quote from: OCguy on August 16, 2017, 07:48:39 PM
First impression is that Chapman will have a very stout front seven. Both nose guards and 2/4 DE that played are back. The linebackers will be heavy run stoppers but the question is can they cover. The secondary may be the biggest concern on the Defensive side of the ball. Tackling and good angles will be key.
Qb returns with a ton of WR talent, question will be if the Oline can block long enough to give em a chance. Chapman will be competitive in every game, the question is can they win the close ones.

I am sure i will learn more as camp continues. would love to know more about La Vern and their program. Redlands, Chaptown and Oxy seem to the most represented here.

OC Guys, Here is what you need to know about La Verne, if they win the league championship they will trash your lockers and cause thousands in damage. Do I need to say more? If UR stays healthy the league will come down the smudge pot game.

Swat

SCIAC Preseason Coaches Poll

2017 SCIAC Football Preseason Poll
(#) Denotes First Place Votes
1. Redlands (7) - 60 points
2. Cal Lutheran (1) - 51 points
3. CMS - 51 points
4. Chapman - 40 points
5. Pomona-Pitzer - 35 points
6. La Verne - 27 points
7. Whittier - 16 points
8. Occidental - 8 points

http://www.thesciac.org/sports/fball/2017-18/releases/20170817kp57sd

Jack Parkman

Quote from: olddog on August 17, 2017, 02:16:35 PM

OC Guys, Here is what you need to know about La Verne, if they win the league championship they will trash your lockers and cause thousands in damage. Do I need to say more? If UR stays healthy the league will come down the smudge pot game.

Did that happen recently or are you talking about the mid-90's?  I remember something about that being mentioned on here before but wasn't sure if it happened again.

D O.C.

OCGuy...NO on the similarities from 2014. There were seasoned players and a Qb behind the curtain.

LINFIELD almost always has the defense. Chapman will have to score at least 4. (I loathe predictions, but there it is).

wildcat11

Quote from: D O.C. on August 16, 2017, 11:37:46 PM
Trust the the WILDCATS will not be looking past Chapman to the following game with #1 Mary Hardin Baylor.

Too many questions at QB/WR and DB to be answered.  Should be pretty dang good upfront on both sides of the ball and at LB.  Haven't had too much to say this week as I'm sitting on Kalakaua Ave in Waikiki right now.  Aloha!

RFB

Quote from: wildcat11 on August 18, 2017, 02:33:37 AM
Quote from: D O.C. on August 16, 2017, 11:37:46 PM

Too many questions at QB/WR and DB to be answered.  Should be pretty dang good upfront on both sides of the ball and at LB.  Haven't had too much to say this week as I'm sitting on Kalakaua Ave in Waikiki right now.  Aloha!

Make sure you get up to the North Shore if you haven't already. Only place to visit on Oahu in my opinion.

Purple Heys

Quote from: Swat on August 17, 2017, 06:50:52 PM
SCIAC Preseason Coaches Poll

2017 SCIAC Football Preseason Poll
(#) Denotes First Place Votes
1. Redlands (7) - 60 points
2. Cal Lutheran (1) - 51 points
3. CMS - 51 points
4. Chapman - 40 points
5. Pomona-Pitzer - 35 points
6. La Verne - 27 points
7. Whittier - 16 points
8. Occidental - 8 points

http://www.thesciac.org/sports/fball/2017-18/releases/20170817kp57sd

That Whittier moved up to 7 is more a comment to how Oxy has cratered than any progress by the Poets.  They (WC) still have a long way to go.  I'm just glad they have Homecoming scheduled against Oxy...one chance for happiness this season.
You can't leave me....all the plants will die.

olddog

Quote from: Jack Parkman on August 17, 2017, 07:40:27 PM
Quote from: olddog on August 17, 2017, 02:16:35 PM

Did that happen recently or are you talking about the mid-90's?  I remember something about that being mentioned on here before but wasn't sure if it happened again.

After 2015 game where UR could not stop their RPOs , I cheer for the Leos, had family play there...act like you have been there