MIAA pick 'em

Started by Pat Coleman, June 24, 2008, 10:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roughrider

FDF, thanks for doing this again.  You do a great job at it!

RR

hope_hoops1

CALVIN over Trine - 4 - No way the Knights lose the opener of the new arena.
HOPE over Olivet - 3 - The McClary brothers provide a scary matchup, but the Dutchmen seem to have found their shooting touch, and the new gym lighting will only keep that going.
ALBION over Adrian - 2- Home court wins out.
KALAMAZOO over Alma - 1 - Not sure what to expect from these teams, but K-zoo will have the best player in the game, so they get the edge.

Roughrider

Wednesday, January 7
4 - Adrian at Albion.  Britons abuse 'Dogs on home turf.
2 - Alma at Kalamazoo.  House Hornets sting Scots.
1 - Trine at Calvin.  Van Noord premier silences Thunder.  Knights don't walk on water, though, and make it close.
3 - Hope at Olivet.  Dutchmen dampen Comets Cutler cotillion.
Saturday, January 10
3 - Albion at Hope.  Dutchmen rule DeVos.
4 - Alma at Calvin.  Knights rule Van Noord.
2 - Kalamazoo at Adrian.  'Dogs bite back, sting Hornets in a home thriller.  Should be close.
1 - Olivet at Trine.  Comets soar over Thunder Road in another close one.

RR

Roughrider

:D  MIAA Pick 'Em Trivia—Special MIAA Season Welcome Edition (05-Jan-2009)   :D

Greetings once again, Pick'Em pickers, and welcome back to another exciting season of MIAA Pick'Em prognosticating, and the fourth (hopefully amusing) season of MIAA Pick'Em Trivia.  Much to discuss with a new MIAA season about to begin.  In an effort to keep these posts to a reasonable limit, I'll devote this edition as is customary to acknowledgements, disclaimers, and just a little bit of trivia.  Following editions will get right into the new business of a new season.

Acknowledgements and Disclaimers:

Of course, thanks go out to our distinguished host and commissioner, Flying Dutch Fan, for going to all the trouble to host this board.  Thanks also go to sac, who hosts our main MIAA board, Let's Talk MIAA.  Thanks also to D3hoops Chairman-of-the-Board Pat Coleman   8)   and his staff for running a first-rate website.

Welcome to all the new posters here on the MIAA Pick'Em board.  New Pick'Em pickers so far this season are arena, cmlundy, Hopester, thealmascots, and wiz.  Hopester and thealmascots were both late-season "transfers" last year, joining at tournament time.  Welcome back for the start of a new season.  I hope you enjoy the friendly competition.  Also, welcome to all the new posters posting on the main MIAA board.  I hope you join us here on the Pick'Em board for a little fun along the way.  We'll talk about such things as POTW (Picker of the Week) and GPA (Group Pick Average—kinda reminds me of grade-point-average from my old college days.  ;)  We might throw in a few editorial opinions, too, even though the main MIAA board is ideally suited for that purpose.  As usual, we hope all opinions are tempered with good sportsmanship.

Any and all results posted in this column will be considered preliminary and "unofficial" unless and until confirmed by FDF.  Being the spreadsheet junkie (and MIAA fan) that I am, I'm doing this for the fun of it.  I apologize in advance for any errors or omissions.  Let me know if you find any.  And, as always, commissioner FDF has final say on any disputes.

Today's statistical tidbit:
As of the time this was posted, 19 Pickers are participating so far.  Quite a few of last years "letter-winners" have not checked in and posted up yet.  Come on back, guys (and ladies).  There's still plenty of room for you.

Purely my opinion:
The parity and uncertainty around the conference has already been mentioned on the main MIAA board, but I'll throw in my two cents.  The race is as wide open as I have ever seen it.  It could really play havoc with the Pick 'Em standings.   ???  And I'm really looking forward to visiting the new venues (and a few of the old ones too   ;)  ).

Other comments, observations, and conclusions are always welcome.

Roughrider

calvin66

Calvin over Trine    4
Hope over Olivet     3
Kazoo over Alma     2
Albion over Adrian   1

scottiedawg

Trine at Calvin -- 4
Alma at Kalamazoo -- 3
Adrian at Albion -- 2
Hope at Olivet -- 1

gohope

Wednesday, January 7

Adrian at Albion, 7:30 p.m. - 2
Alma at Kalamazoo, 7:30 p.m. - 4
Trine at Calvin, 8 p.m. - 3
Hope at Olivet, 7:30 p.m. - 1

Good luck and safe travels to all!

Happy Calvin Guy

Wed:
Kalamazoo 4
Calvin 3
Albion 2
Hope 1

statguy

Adrian over Albion-- 1
Kalamazoo over Alma -- 2
Calvin over Trine -- 4
Hope over Olivet -- 3

calvin_grad

Kalamazoo - 4
Calvin - 3
Albion - 2
Hope - 1

MIdoubleA

I won't be participating this year, but thanks again to RR for doing such a great job!

*Edit*

(That's RoughRider, not Rich Rodriguez, SAC :P )

bionbrit

Wed
4- Albion over Adrian- got to go w/ my boys for the first game
3- K over Alma- Blow out
2-Calvin over Trine- close game at half V.S clears the bench at end
1- Hope over Olivet- I hope I'm wrong this one could be close

Sat
4- Calvin over Alma- Calvin wins the tip scores and thats the ball game
3- Albion over hope- Brits get big win in the Devos 46-38 slugfest
2-  Adrian over K- just because
1- Olivet over Trine- Nice win for the vomets on the road

sac