MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Sager

Quote from: lmitzel on February 19, 2020, 10:16:31 PM
Quote from: Greek Tragedy on February 19, 2020, 09:49:14 PM
NCC wins as Carthage looks like they completely shot themselves in the foot, looking at the PbP.

The play by play doesn't do it justice. Hell, being there didn't do it justice.

That's far and away the craziest finish I've ever seen.

Between that and Saturday's weirdness at Carver, Carthage is completely redefining nutty finishes to ballgames.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Gregory Sager on February 19, 2020, 11:24:15 PM
NCC wins as Carthage looks like they completely shot themselves in the foot, looking at the PbP.

Between that and Saturday's weirdness at Carver, Carthage is completely redefining nutty finishes to ballgames.

What GG is to sport coats, Bosko is to 'tossing' game endings. 8-)

And we're heading there on Saturday! ;)  (And so are the women, so I can finally watch both games!)

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on February 19, 2020, 11:33:06 PM

The man's come out on the winning end of more than his fair share of close games, Chuck. You don't win 567 games, two national championships, and take two different schools to the Final Four without coming out on top of a nailbiter or two.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Gregory Sager on February 19, 2020, 11:40:19 PM
Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on February 19, 2020, 11:33:06 PM

The man's come out on the winning end of more than his fair share of close games, Chuck. You don't win 567 games, two national championships, and take two different schools to the Final Four without coming out on top of a nailbiter or two.

OMG - I didn't even think of that interpretation of 'tossing' game endings. :-[  Of course you're right.  How about: gets involved in bizarre endings? ;D

Gregory Sager

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: cardinalpride on February 19, 2020, 05:49:26 PM

TQ or anyone else,
So the criteria "once regionally ranked, always regionally ranked" no longer exist?

That existed for one season ... and died after that season ... MANY years ago.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

WUPHF

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 20, 2020, 01:12:13 AM

It may have died as a NCAA policy, but the once ranked, always ranked has been mentioned every year for as long as I can remember so as for as d3boards.com are concerned...

lmitzel

Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

Gregory Sager

No offense to your dad, Lucas, but he missed the part that I really wanted to see -- the collision between Crishawn Cook and one of his teammates that caused the travel after Cook had picked off Matt Cappelletti's baseball-throw inbound.

lmitzel

Quote from: Gregory Sager on February 20, 2020, 12:54:16 PM
No offense to your dad, Lucas, but he missed the part that I really wanted to see -- the collision between Crishawn Cook and one of his teammates that caused the travel after Cook had picked off Matt Cappelletti's baseball-throw inbound.

None taken. He admitted when he sent me the videos he took that he missed some stuff... and that was the first thing I noticed too. I went back and watched that play on the broadcast... and he absolutely travelled.
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

thunder38

I believe the ending of that game can best be described as a comedy of errors and the quintessential definition of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
You win some, you lose some, and sometimes it rains.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: WUPHF on February 20, 2020, 01:31:11 AM

It may have died as a NCAA policy, but the once ranked, always ranked has been mentioned every year for as long as I can remember so as for as d3boards.com are concerned...

Not sure why it is mentioned ... whenever I've seen it in the past, I remind people it has been dead for awhile. To the point, that this is I think the first time I've seen it mentioned this season on any of the boards.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 20, 2020, 04:40:39 PM
Quote from: WUPHF on February 20, 2020, 01:31:11 AM

Not sure why it is mentioned ... whenever I've seen it in the past, I remind people it has been dead for awhile. To the point, that this is I think the first time I've seen it mentioned this season on any of the boards.

On a related note, I still see questions (mostly in football) that ask which regions will play each other in the football semifinals, and that hasn't been a thing since 1998.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

kiko

kiko