FB: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wally_wabash

That was a must have TD for Witt there.  That defense is going to need to find a turnover or two here. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

BashDad

And that... was a silly call Kehres.

BashDad

DPU3619

Franklin just had a 4th and 55. UWW roughed the kicker. First down.

wally_wabash

Total snowball for Witt in the second  half.  At the end of the first half you had what was announced as a questionable strip/fumble of BJ Mitchell by Spencer Leno that was blown dead and possession stayed with Mount Union.  They scored a few plays later at the end of the half, then got the ball first in the second half and scored and Witt went from a tie game to chasing two scores without having an opportunity to run the offense.  Crucial set of plays there sandwiched around halftime. 

In the end, who knows how much that matters because Witt's defense couldn't stop Burke all day, but the entire feel of the game changed right there in those two possessions. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

drt

That is disappointing but Mount is still Mount until someone beats them.....
And agree Wally, until someone figures out how to run on Mount, Mount rolls.

BashDad

Switching gears. I kind of bristled when Hampden-Sydney's QB, in the playoff feature last week, compared their road trip to the CatDome to his time in the SEC, but damn-- dude just fired a 60 yard fade for the team's second touchdown. Beautiful. It's 14-0 early in first.

Wabash plays him week one in 2014.

BillyRayJimBob

Quote from: BashDad on November 30, 2013, 03:21:45 PM
Switching gears. I kind of bristled when Hampden-Sydney's QB, in the playoff feature last week, compared their road trip to the CatDome to his time in the SEC, but damn-- dude just fired a 60 yard fade for the team's second touchdown. Beautiful. It's 14-0 early in first.

Wabash plays him week one in 2014.
That's a "WOW!"
Would not have followed it if not monitoring this board.  Figured Linfield an "automatic."

BashDad

BashDad

AM I THE ONLY ONE WATCHING THIS?? HE JUST THREW ANOTHER BOMB FROM THE BACK OF HIS OWN END ZONE. They're about to score again.

This is a crazy introduction to someone we probably should already know about. Did we already know about him? I didn't know about him.

wally_wabash

I just flipped it on.  After Linfield scores here I'll get to look at this dude.  Are we sure Nance is still around next year?  I'm ok if he's not. 

Well he just got picked off as soon as I started watching.  He threw it a long ways though. 

Also, I'm watching the Iron Bowl and Jordan Hare is insane.  THAT is the SEC.  The Catdome ain't that. 

BashDad

303 in the first half for that guy. Yeesh.

Hampden-Sydney is doing weird **** on defense.

BashDad

Nance just put up more yards in the first half than any opponent has passed for against Linfield in an entire game all season.

sigma one

Nash is listed as a junior; he will be back in the fall.  Nance Nash:  gunslinger name.  The receiver, Walker, is also a junior.   All five of the H-S offensive linemen are listed as seniors.  The running back, Shembo, also listed as a senior.  Looks like 7 or 8 or the defensive guys are underclassmen.  Week 1 in Crawfordsville should be a have to see.

HScoach

I thought Witt would be a much closer game.  Very surprised Florrence finished at 44% completions.     Mount/Witt came down to 2 things.

1.  Witt couldn't run the ball at all.   None!

2.  Burke is a difference maker with his vision and escape-ability.    Florrence appears to be a pretty good passer, but not athletic enough to hurt you.

With 17 seniors, Witt has a lot of holes to fill in 2014.    Mount on the other hand is mainly juniors and sophomores.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.