WBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by wheatonc, March 03, 2005, 06:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

When I talked to them for the story last year, they see themselves in the tradition of Bunky Harkleroad (who was the first coach to play the System with women) - while their version actually looks a lot more like what Arsenault Jr is bringing to Grinnell (with more NBA inspired spacing as opposed to the constant screens), they seem to think of it as a separate offense.  I doubt they use "System" in their own terminology very much - at least with a capital S.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Gregory Sager

Yeah, my post was very much tongue-in-cheek ... hence, the emoji.

Truthfully, I would've been very surprised if familiarity with North Central's playing style was listed as part of the job description.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

RogK

There are always many admirable players to be found on CCIW WBB rosters. Here's a piece about one of them.
http://elmhurstbluejays.com/news/2017/5/26/womens-basketball-eppard-named-athlete-of-the-year-scholar-athlete-of-the-year.aspx?path=wbball
Make sure to read the final paragraph.

lmitzel

Quote from: RogK on June 10, 2017, 09:09:20 AM
There are always many admirable players to be found on CCIW WBB rosters. Here's a piece about one of them.
http://elmhurstbluejays.com/news/2017/5/26/womens-basketball-eppard-named-athlete-of-the-year-scholar-athlete-of-the-year.aspx?path=wbball
Make sure to read the final paragraph.

I believe that final paragraph is a perfect example of "#WhyD3". Always great to praise not only the athletic side of things, but the academics and the extracurriculars outside of sports, too.
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

RogK

One Sophia, two Hannahs, a Zeller and a Considine will join Wheaton this autumn :
http://athletics.wheaton.edu/news/2017/6/26/wbb-announces-newcomers-for-1718.aspx
Probably only five of the newcomers will amount to anything.

GoPerry

Quote from: RogK on June 26, 2017, 01:05:06 PM
One Sophia, two Hannahs, a Zeller and a Considine will join Wheaton this autumn :
http://athletics.wheaton.edu/news/2017/6/26/wbb-announces-newcomers-for-1718.aspx
Probably only five of the newcomers will amount to anything.

Yes.  These look like solid adds, pretty good size.  Good students too.

Frazier has a pretty lengthy list of accolades.  Good that she has a D1 year under her belt for a very good team even if limited PT. 

lmitzel

North Central's 2017-18 schedule is up. Actually have the full slate of 12 home games this year thanks to some home and homes coming back to Naperville (Benedictine, UWSP and Dubuque). Cardinals open the year November 17th at Wheaton's tournament. Also making a trip to Dallas the week after Christmas.

Weird schedule quirk has NCC-Elmhurst matchups on back to back Saturdays. Otherwise nothing to complain about as far as CCIW schedule.
#THREEEEEEEEE

lmitzel

Don't have a roster for NCC yet, though that's normal for late July as memory serves.

I did see that Wheaton's schedule is up. The Beth Baker Classic that North Central is playing in also features Louisiana College and Lake Forest College. I'm assuming this will end up being NCC and Wheaton playing those two teams, though the order in which they play is still to be determined.
#THREEEEEEEEE

lmitzel

#THREEEEEEEEE

RogK

What the? Is it just me, or is it getting darker outside?

Gregory Sager

Quote from: RogK on July 18, 2017, 01:16:02 AM
An Augustana roster for '17-'18 :
http://www.athletics.augustana.edu/roster.aspx?roster=140&path=wbball
includes freshpersons

Maddie Murillo, a 6'0 sophomore, is listed on the Augie roster. Last year she was a freshman at North Park, and the NPU coaches had high hopes for her. However, she quit the team within the first few practices, although to the best of my knowledge there was no animosity expressed by either her or the coaches. She simply decided not to play. We'll see if her interest in playing has really been rekindled by a change of scenery, I guess.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

AndOne

Looks like Augie has recruited another basketball player who will be well qualified to move on to their renowned medical school. Freshman woman basketball player Alexis Cassani, from St. Louis, prepped at the Collegiate School of Medicine and Bioscience. ⛹️‍♀️ 🎓 💼 💉  ;D

AndOne

Quote from: RogK on August 21, 2017, 02:03:15 PM
What the? Is it just me, or is it getting darker outside?

Not sure where exactly you're located RogK, but if you're in the Naperville-Wheaton area it might have been the drugs.  :o  ;)

Was in Estes Park/Rocky Mt. National Park, Colorado on Eclipse Day. Think we were only about 100 miles from the total darkness area. The degree of darkness there at the height of the eclipse was listed as 96.12%. Was expecting it to look like about 5 minutes before dark normally, but it only got as dark as about the equivalent of 45 minutes before dark. And the Naperville-Wheaton area is farther away than Estes Park. How dark did it get in your mind? LOL!  :)