FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MUC57

Quote from: wdelsean on April 30, 2019, 03:57:44 PM
Thought those in the Mount Union community might be interested in this story.

A Delaware HS QB who announced on twitter his plans to go to Mount Union next fall has been diagnosed with Kidney Cancer and will undergo surgery next month with plenty of community support.

https://www.wdel.com/sports/community-support-helping-woodbridge-qb-begin-cancer-battle/article_52a3c6a6-6add-11e9-b97f-0b0653aaece9.html

Sean Greene
WDEL Sports Director
Wesley College Play-By-Play Announcer

Sean

Thanks for the info. Sure hope he wins this battle. Some fights are just more important than football. Prayers to him and his family.
Good luck to your Wolverines next season. They ARE one of Dlll's elite programs. Go Wesley!  🏈
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

JCUStreaks70

Quote from: MUC57 on April 30, 2019, 05:08:53 PM

A Delaware HS QB who announced on twitter his plans to go to Mount Union next fall has been diagnosed with Kidney Cancer and will undergo surgery next month with plenty of community support.

https://www.wdel.com/sports/community-support-helping-woodbridge-qb-begin-cancer-battle/article_52a3c6a6-6add-11e9-b97f-0b0653aaece9.html

Sean Greene
WDEL Sports Director

Sean

Thanks for the info. Sure hope he wins this battle. Some fights are just more important than football. Prayers to him and his family.
Good luck to your Wolverines next season. They ARE one of Dlll's elite programs. Go Wesley!  🏈

Echoing what MUC said above. Some things are larger than football, and instances like this remind us of it.
AMDG

2016 OAC CHAMPS! AND MY OWN SELF-PROCLAIMED RUNNERS-UP TO THE RUNNERS-UP.

WRMUalum13

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on April 30, 2019, 11:42:31 AM
https://triblive.com/sports/small-schools-nfl-hopefuls-keep-dream-alive-at-second-annual-pro-day/

QuoteBerry posted one of the top times in the 40, running it in 4.53 seconds. He also had a 36-inch vertical jump.

Yeah his quote in the article said he was hurt. Based on 60 meter dash time, he was more likely a 4.3 / 4.4 guy when healthy.

Dr. Acula

Quote from: MUC57 on April 30, 2019, 05:08:53 PM

Sean Greene
WDEL Sports Director

Sean

Thanks for sharing, Sean.  Prayers to Troy on his fight.  I hope he wins his battle and comes to Alliance no matter what.  A kid with maturity and an attitude like that would be a great addition to your program and university in any capacity. 

JCUStreaks70

AMDG

bluestreak66

A.M.D.G.
Whose House? STREAKS' HOUSE!

RIP MUC57- "Go everybody!"

2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2018 & 2019 ODAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2019 OAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION

MUC57

JCUStreaks70 and bluestreaks66

So you have a new logo? At least WE have a video scoreboard!  ;D

Go "team from John Carroll, whoever you are"!  :o

WRMUalum13

Quote from: bluestreak66 on May 03, 2019, 04:22:54 PM
Link to the new logo info

https://jcusports.com/feature/jcu_new_era

Okay so I think the new JCU Logo is nice but HOW, didn't they close the gap a little on the C and make it a nicely symmetrical cross, would have been a much better look alluding to the JCU Catholic affiliation, just a missed opportunity IMO

JCUStreaks70

Quote from: WRMUalum13 on May 04, 2019, 07:43:36 PM

Okay so I think the new JCU Logo is nice but HOW, didn't they close the gap a little on the C and make it a nicely symmetrical cross, would have been a much better look alluding to the JCU Catholic affiliation, just a missed opportunity IMO

Don't disagree with you at all... It has grown on me since it was unveiled Friday, but I still think it looks like UCF's logo... I actually think working the Ignatian Cross (The cross that's already on our jerseys) would've been awesome.
AMDG

JCUStreaks70

Quote from: MUC57 on May 03, 2019, 05:28:05 PM

Well we don't need a Video scoreboard, we pay attention to the game when it's happening.. ;)
AMDG

MUC57

Quote from: JCUStreaks70 on May 06, 2019, 09:43:30 AM
Quote from: MUC57 on May 03, 2019, 05:28:05 PM

Well we don't need a Video scoreboard, we pay attention to the game when it's happening.. ;)

Streaks

Ya got me! But we DO have a marching band!  ;D

Still gave ya. + K. I must be sick.

WRMUalum13

Quote from: JCUStreaks70 on May 06, 2019, 09:32:35 AM
Quote from: WRMUalum13 on May 04, 2019, 07:43:36 PM

Don't disagree with you at all... It has grown on me since it was unveiled Friday, but I still think it looks like UCF's logo... I actually think working the Ignatian Cross (The cross that's already on our jerseys) would've been awesome.

Oh I didn't even think of the UCF logo... yeah very similar

hsbsballcoach7

Ralph Fitzgerald from Austintown Fitch is attending Mount Union next year. Kid is a really nice receiver. Very fast. Nice to see good local kids wanting to play at UMU.

Dr. Acula

Nice story on Alex Grinch and the Mount Union influence on the Athletic.  Fair warning, it's a pay site so you need to be a subscriber to read the whole article I think.   

edward de vere

Quote from: Dr. Acula on May 07, 2019, 11:07:45 AM
Nice story on Alex Grinch and the Mount Union influence on the Athletic.  Fair warning, it's a pay site so you need to be a subscriber to read the whole article I think.   

"Picturesque" Alliance, Ohio.

Who knew?