FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edward de vere

Next up in "The Athletic":  A profile of Coach Tom Arth, including a reference to the smoothly-paved streets of Akron, Ohio.

MUC57

Quote from: edward de vere on May 07, 2019, 04:59:32 PM
Quote from: Dr. Acula on May 07, 2019, 11:07:45 AM
Nice story on Alex Grinch and the Mount Union influence on the Athletic.  Fair warning, it's a pay site so you need to be a subscriber to read the whole article I think.   

"Picturesque" Alliance, Ohio.

Who knew?

Edward

Who called Alliance "picturesque"? I would call it a lot of names, but picturesque isn't one of them!    ;D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

HSCTiger74

Quote from: MUC57 on May 07, 2019, 06:18:07 PM
Nice story on Alex Grinch and the Mount Union influence on the Athletic.  Fair warning, it's a pay site so you need to be a subscriber to read the whole article I think.   

Who knew?

Edward

Who called Alliance "picturesque"? I would call it a lot of names, but picturesque isn't one of them!    ;D

I've never been to Alliance so I'm not expressing any opinions, but isn't picturesque one if those adjectives you pull out when you can't think of anything else to say?
TANSTAAFL

MUC57

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on May 09, 2019, 11:56:15 AM
Quote from: MUC57 on May 07, 2019, 06:18:07 PM

Who knew?

Edward

I've never been to Alliance so I'm not expressing any opinions, but isn't picturesque one if those adjectives you pull out when you can't think of anything else to say?

Tiger

You got it!  ;D

HScoach

Sounds like Massillon football from back in the day.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

raiderpa

Holding back good middle school athletes is, I am told, a very big thing in the southern part of the US.  Especially in the SEC hotbeds.  I have heard of it twice in this area, but most of this is done by starting kids late in kindergarten around here.

Dr. Acula

Maybe 70 and 66 didn't see it, but I think it's because they're too humble to post it so I will....JCU wrapped up their 5th straight men's All-Sports trophy.  The Streaks' worst finish on the men's side was 6th place in hoops.  That's impressive consistency across the board.  It's reminiscent of ONU on the women's side.   

On the other end of the spectrum Musky finished 10th for the 7th straight year.  Their best finish was tied for 7th in football and golf (9 teams).  I would have thought Wilm would have been in the basement in there somewhere especially since Musky fields teams in 2 more sports than Wilm does.

MUC57

Quote from: Dr. Acula on May 14, 2019, 03:26:14 PM
Maybe 70 and 66 didn't see it, but I think it's because they're too humble to post it so I will....JCU wrapped up their 5th straight men's All-Sports trophy.  The Streaks' worst finish on the men's side was 6th place in hoops.  That's impressive consistency across the board.  It's reminiscent of ONU on the women's side.   

On the other end of the spectrum Musky finished 10th for the 7th straight year.  Their best finish was tied for 7th in football and golf (9 teams).  I would have thought Wilm would have been in the basement in there somewhere especially since Musky fields teams in 2 more sports than Wilm does.

But Dr.

As I always tell them, at least WE have a marching band.

All seriousness aside, it really is a great accomplishment. Nice of you to acknowledge it.  :o

JCUStreaks70

Quote from: MUC57 on May 14, 2019, 05:07:19 PM

But Dr.

All seriousness aside, it really is a great accomplishment. Nice of you to acknowledge it.  :o

I did see that gentlemen, but didn't want to brag!  ;D Now that we've made a habit out of winning the Men's All-Sports Trophy, reminding you all of it, would feel like bragging.

But in all seriousness, it was a great, great year for the Men's sports at JCU. Especially considering that our worst placement was 6th in Basketball (and could very well go out an win it again next year).
AMDG

2016 OAC CHAMPS! AND MY OWN SELF-PROCLAIMED RUNNERS-UP TO THE RUNNERS-UP.

raiderpa

Congrats to JCU on the All-sports trophy.  I know this is an award that Mount Union strives to win.  The men's sports at JCU had fine seasons and I thought that the JCU women's basketball team was incredibly well coached when I saw them play. 

Dr. Acula

Quote from: JCUStreaks70 on May 14, 2019, 05:38:12 PM

But Dr.

I did see that gentlemen, but didn't want to brag!  ;D Now that we've made a habit out of winning the Men's All-Sports Trophy, reminding you all of it, would feel like bragging.

But in all seriousness, it was a great, great year for the Men's sports at JCU. Especially considering that our worst placement was 6th in Basketball (and could very well go out an win it again next year).

Just as I thought, 70!  You're a true gentleman.  In all seriousness it is an impressive feat.  As Raiderpa said Mount strives for the All-Sports trophies so I tip my cap to JCU on an impressive run.  That's nothing to sneeze at.  Kudos.

JCUStreaks70

Quote from: Dr. Acula on May 14, 2019, 09:56:39 PM
Quote from: JCUStreaks70 on May 14, 2019, 05:38:12 PM

But Dr.

Just as I thought, 70!  You're a true gentleman.  In all seriousness it is an impressive feat.  As Raiderpa said Mount strives for the All-Sports trophies so I tip my cap to JCU on an impressive run.  That's nothing to sneeze at.  Kudos.

AMDG

2016 OAC CHAMPS! AND MY OWN SELF-PROCLAIMED RUNNERS-UP TO THE RUNNERS-UP.

Craft_Beermeister

I heard the other day the good news that Geoff Dratt continues to be doing well with his health. Geoff is a great guy and I hope and pray for good continued health for him.

I heard Geoff and Jan bought a house in Alliance which should be great news for their daughter having grandma and grandpa living so close by.

Dratt I s reported to being very excited and optimistic about the upcoming season as OC and OL coach.  It helps a lot to have the best QB coach in football working for him.