FB: Upper Midwest Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecreddevils

Good conference race going on in the UMAC, St. S and Mac 3-0, EC, MLC, and NWM all 2-1. 

Week 5 Predictions:

Westmin over MLC       Is MLC for real?  Westmin tough to beat at home, should get close win

Mac over GC    59-46 shootout last year, won't be that close this year.  Mac looks to be too tough on the ground against an up and down GC team.  Nice win over NWM for GC, but otherwise haven't shown much.

St. S over NWM Saints keep rolling along.

EC over IWC EC defense too good--ground game punishes IWC in blowout

Morris over Crown  Somebody's O must go.  Let's give it to the home team, if we must.

ecreddevils

Top 3 teams in the UMAC have really separated themselves. 4-10 is pretty awful...

Predictions for this week:

EC over Mac  Game of the week pits #3 in the nation total defense EC vs. #1 in the nation in rushing yards Chazz Middlebrook.  I don't think Mac can match up with this defense and EC also has top 10 in the nation rusher  Le'Anthony Reasonver.  Tough to win on the road in that tiny stadium, but EC does it 27-13 to knock Mac out of first and set up huge game with St. S next week.

GC over Westmin  Both programs down a bit this year and look to be very evenly matched.  Greenville has more weapons and home field advantage.  33-24 GC

NW over MLC This one might be as exciting as the Diet of Worms.  MLC thumped by St. S and Westmin, snuck by Morris in the last 3 weeks.  Looks to be slipping.  NW just better at this point.  44-17 NW

St. S over Crown  Avert your eyes.  61-6 St. S

IWC over Morris  Avert your eyes, Part Deux.  IWC comes home riding a tidy 5 game losing streak.  Morris' sole win 14-7 over bad Crown team.  My magic 8-ball says IWC wins at home in a shootout 38-30. 

ecreddevils

I'm writing into the wind, but whatever.  4-1 last week, nice win for Westmin spoiled perfection.

EC over St.S  Last week EC smashes undefeated Mac.  The only stat you need:  #1 in the nation rusher Chazz Middlebrook 5 rushes 18 yds, EC back Le'Anthony Reasonver 42 rushes, 274 yds, 3 tds.  This is the biggest game for EC in two decades (or at least since NW last year).  Win and we're likely in the postseason for first time in 22 yrs.  This defense will be the difference--aggressive, smart, and poised under Senior leadership.  Close game but this is EC's year
EC 24 St. S 13

Westmin over Mac  Westmin coming off nice win at GC, gets to play at home.  If Middlebrook is out then Mac has problems.  Latif Adams has a big day and Westmin pulls upset.  WC 31 Mac 24

GC over IWC  IWC picks up second win last week over Morris.  Greenville isn't Morris  GC 41 IWC 18

MLC over Crown  Tundra Bowl I  Battle of the bads.  Hey Crown did put up 21 on St. S last week.  MLC 45 Crown 28

NW over Morris  Tundra Bowl II  NW 26 Morris 14

ecreddevils

ECRD goes 5-0 last week and gets pretty darn close on the scores...

Back by no demand whatsoever, it's final week predictions.

EC over MLC  HUGE win last week for EC, Reasonver (355 yds 5 tds) becomes leading rusher in D-III and third across all divisions by yardage.  EC won't be denied and will see postseason action for first time in 23 years!!  EC 47 MLC 7

GC over Morris  Erratic GC team gets a home closer against bad Morris. In typical bizarre UMAC fashion, GC trails IWC last weekend 20-10 at the half, but ends up putting up an amazing 811 yards of total offense in a last second win.  This team can score against bad teams.  GC 52 Morris 20

St. S over Mac  Mac offense stalled last week as Middlebrook rushed for -11.  St. S a very tall task on the road and likely angry after EC loss. Zach Edwards has a huge day.  St. S 45 Mac 21

Westmin over IWC Westmin 3-0 since EC pounding and also undefeated at home.  Rough year for IWC ends badly in Fulton, MO.  Westmin 40 IWC 16

NW over Crown   NW ends with a winning record for 7th straight year, Crown ends winless for first time since 2011.   NW 56  Crown 18

02 Warhawk

Hello,

Trying to recruit one or two more members for the West Region Fan poll. Would love to have a representative from this conference participate this year. Please send me a personal message if you're interested.

Much appreciated!

Gray Fox

Nobody has posted anything on this board for a year.
Maybe you could talk about the two coaching changes at Morris since Rob Cushman left for Occidental. :)
Fierce When Roused

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Gray Fox on October 25, 2018, 03:30:44 PM
Maybe you could talk about the two coaching changes at Morris since Rob Cushman left for Occidental. :)

Well, one was the interim co-coach situation to replace Cushman and the other was one of those co-coaches getting elevated to the head coaching job ... that's not exactly the revolving door you make it sound like.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Gray Fox

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 26, 2018, 03:46:55 AM
Quote from: Gray Fox on October 25, 2018, 03:30:44 PM

Well, one was the interim co-coach situation to replace Cushman and the other was one of those co-coaches getting elevated to the head coaching job ... that's not exactly the revolving door you make it sound like.
I wasn't trying to misrepresent it, but I didn't know all the details.
Still, there has been no action on the board.
Fierce When Roused

hazzben

Wow, UMAC board is red hot right now!!!  :o ;D

D O.C.

OzJohnnie

Good luck, ML.  I hope you enjoy your visit to Collegeville and the run in with AirJohnnieTM.

[  

sjusection105

Is anyone here?

If so C_L_I_C_K -------------->  https://youtu.be/NP0mQeLWCCo?list=RDuhiCFdWeQfA  <--------------C_L_I_C_K
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

hazzben

OzJohnnie

[  

57Johnnie

The older the violin - the sweeter the music!