FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bleedpurple

edward de vere

Quote from: theaprof on December 05, 2018, 02:05:05 PM
OK, let's make it 8:00 at Rey's 62 on State Street.  I'll be the one wearing purple so I should be easy to spot.

Wear this purple; you'll definitely stand out.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/shaxspere/works/24916409-i-heart-edward-de-vere-17th-earl-of-oxford?p=mens-graphic-t-shirt&rbs=

raiderpa

Great feature on Johns Hopkins, Ryan.  Looking forward to a great game, Saturday.  No Mount Union fan who has done any research on the Jays thinks this will be anything but a battle.  No room for mistakes by either side this week.

HScoach

Quote from: raiderpa on December 05, 2018, 05:23:08 PM
Great feature on Johns Hopkins, Ryan.  Looking forward to a great game, Saturday.  No Mount Union fan who has done any research on the Jays thinks this will be anything but a battle.  No room for mistakes by either side this week.

What?  I thought the national narrative says the NCAA only feeds cupcakes to Mount?

For the record,  I expect this to be a very good game.  Mount will be tested beyond anything they've seen since the semifinals last year.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

WRMUalum13

Quote from: HScoach on December 05, 2018, 08:33:43 PM
Quote from: raiderpa on December 05, 2018, 05:23:08 PM

What?  I thought the national narrative says the NCAA only feeds cupcakes to Mount?

For the record,  I expect this to be a very good game.  Mount will be tested beyond anything they've seen since the semifinals last year.

What about the finals last year? Lol

HScoach

John's Hopkins has a much better offense than MHB did last year.  Won't obviously have the same kind of defense as MHB, but I expect the overall game to be similar to UWO.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

WRMUalum13

Quote from: HScoach on December 05, 2018, 08:52:03 PM
John's Hopkins has a much better offense than MHB did last year.  Won't obviously have the same kind of defense as MHB, but I expect the overall game to be similar to UWO.

Gotcha, I just meant overall level of competition, I thought MHB was a better test but Mount played better than against UWO.

Desertraider

Still checking on Friday.  I will miss even watching game Saturday. Youth basketball outranks. Fingers crossed. Funny that mount gets cupcakes BUT if mount loses then it means mount had a down year (not that the cupcake might have been really good).
RIP MUC57 - Go Everybody!
National Champions: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017
The Autumn Wind is a Raider!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEYK_XjyLg
Immaculate Prevention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLq_acsVN0

Craft_Beermeister

Quote from: WRMUalum13 on December 04, 2018, 10:30:23 PM
Quote from: Craft_Beermeister on December 04, 2018, 09:07:01 PM
Quote from: desertraider on December 04, 2018, 09:54:09 AM
How are the decisions for all region and all American made? I mean Jared Ruth leads Mount in every WR category and yet Justin Hill gets the nod. Just curious.
BTW on the interview stuff I dont have a problem with Mounts stance. It doesn't seem like a drastic departure from previous years. Maybe lou berry indicated he didn't want to do it? Mount is very team focused. They dont nominate for them of week or whatever that is called.

The interview stuff will be more clear after the season is over.

The reason it appears that d3fb is being specifically blackballed from player interviews will be more clear once the season is over?

I can't imagine how that would work, but you seem confident...

I don't know anything about anyone being blackballed.
This time of year UMU tends to minimize the amount of outgoing communication.  I don't think anyone in particular is being signaled out.  They have their reasons to circle the wagons.

skunks_sidekick

Nice article Ryan regarding John Hopkins.  I am expecting a hard-fought, Mount win at the end.  I am holding out faith/hope that QB1 will be that much better this week.  If not, I think our defense will be like nothing JHU has ever seen!  (Did I just say that???????)   :o

In regards to the whole media thing, I think it's short-sighted, a bit myopic, and in the grand scheme of things just silly.  HOWEVER, if you don't know who this is coming from, and what his general outlook is regarding media, then you aren't paying attention.  Certain directives still flow downhill and I would like to be a fly on the wall when all this was discussed.   :-X

edward de vere

Quote from: desertraider on December 05, 2018, 09:32:11 PM
  I will miss even watching game Saturday.

I've been meaning to ask:  Will the game be replayed on ESPN.com  shortly after the finish?  I think that's what happened last year but I can't remember for sure.

bluenote

Pat put me on probation so I can't say that Johns Hopkins will be performing plastic surgery on the cheer leaders.  ::)

edward de vere

Quote from: skunks_sidekick on December 05, 2018, 10:11:38 PM

In regards to the whole media thing, I think it's short-sighted, a bit myopic, and in the grand scheme of things just silly.  HOWEVER, if you don't know who this is coming from, and what his general outlook is regarding media, then you aren't paying attention.  Certain directives still flow downhill and I would like to be a fly on the wall when all this was discussed.   :-X

Nobody is under any illusion where this is coming from.

And it stinks.

99.99% of the editorial content on this site is positive.  And when I say positive I mean, let's face it, puff pieces.   Feel-good stories.   (Check out all the articles currently on the front page.)  The only time this website pursues a negative story is when there is simply no alternative.  (Well, no alternative unless you're Jeff Zupancic. . . .)

Pat Coleman makes no bones about the fact  that the purpose of this website is the promotion of D3 football and its non-scholarship student-athletes. (Oh, and its Hall-Of-Fame coaches, too.  I imagine a few dozen stories about those have been posted here over the years.)  I doubt Pat and his staffers are getting rich doing it.  In fact, I wonder if the pay is over or under the minimum wage.

Hell, for all I know there IS no pay.

For somebody to react to this website as if it's staffed by a bunch of Jim Acosta "gotcha" types is LUNACY.

You don't want to treat the press - especially a site so benign as this - the way Bill Belichick, Nick Saban and Bobby Knight treat the press.  It makes you look small.

Very, very small.

bluenote

I just installed an app that tells me who gives me - Karma! It cost $1.00 ... and well worth it!  >:(

MUC57

Quote from: Bluenote on December 06, 2018, 12:02:23 AM
I just installed an app that tells me who gives me - Karma! It cost $1.00 ... and well worth it!  >:(
j

I just gave you a +k. Maybe it only shows -k. Maybe you just made that up!  ???
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠