WBB: USA South Conference

Started by Mike Stanley, March 09, 2004, 07:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottiedoug

Maryville and Berea play each other again.  Who is going to beat Piedmont? If nobody, then either Berea or Maryville might wind up with two losses. as would Piedmont.

bballlover

Great job by the ladies from Piedmont at Berea on Sunday after a hard fought double overtime win on Saturday at Maryville. Can't let up now.

scottiedoug

The Lions did their job.  The Scots did not. It would have been hard for the Scots to beat the Lions three times, so maybe this will work out ok come tournament time.

scottiedoug

Who knew?  Covenant beats Piedmont.  Maryville and Berea play Tuesday and one of them will take over first alone.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

deiscanton

So, Pfeiffer joined the ECAC (Eastern College Athletic Conference) on November 15, 2017.  I will look at the declaration list on the ECAC website over the weekend to see if the Pfeiffer Falcons are on it.

Just a reminder, if Pfeiffer fans are reading this board-- the declaration deadline for the ECAC tournament is this Friday, Feb. 16 at 4 PM Eastern.  If you don't declare, you cannot compete.

I see on the Feb. 7 regional rankings that Pfeiffer has a SOS of .435. with a d3 record of 15-2.  I guess that Pfeiffer, if they can afford a trip to Pennsylvania or Maryland for ECAC play, will find it worthy.

Update-- Nov. 15 press release from Pfeiffer announcing ECAC membership:

Pfeiffer joins ECAC; Eligible to Compete in Postseason Tournaments Starting This Year

deiscanton

Last week, Pfeiffer women's basketball player Sydni Bickford became the first athlete from Pfeiffer to be named ECAC DIII South Player of the Week.

Pfeiffer press release:

Bickford named ECAC South Player of the Week

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

scottiedoug

So the Scots play the Lions again to see who gets to the semifinals.  As usual, this should be interesting!  If the Scots play like they did against LaGrange last night, that should be good enough.

scottiedoug

Congratulations to the Lions.  That is a good team.  I will not cry over the graduation of their seniors.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The NCAA released the third set of women's basketball regional rankings with few changes from last week's version. This is the final set that we'll see before the Tournament bracket is released on Monday. Full list here: http://d3hoops.com/notables/2018/02/women-regional-rankings-third

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

It is down to the final week of the regular season. It is now or never. Win the conference tournament, earn the automatic qualifier, and a team will be playing in March. Don't win it and either hold out hope for an at-large selection or the season is over.

The season continues or ends on the bounce of a ball from here on out.

So who may be in jeopardy and who is sitting pretty? On Thursday's edition of Hoopsville, we start to read the tea leaves while also chatting with teams who are hoping to punch their ticket for the Road to Salem or Rochester themselves. Plus, we get a preview of what could be a fascinating weekend of NESCAC tournament action at Amherst.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch the show LIVE starting at 7:00 p.m. ET here: http://bit.ly/2BIbiUe

If you have questions, be sure to email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com or interact with the show via the social media avenues located to the right.

Guests include (in order of appearance):
- Steve Schulman, Lehman men's coach
- Matt Ducharme, UMass-Dartmouth women's coach
- Jamie Purdy, Piedmont women's coach
- Grey Giovanine, No. 9 Augustana men's coach
- Michele Durand, No. 24 Ohio Northern women's coach (WBCA Center Court)
- Howard Herman, Berkshire Eagle writer (NESCAC tournaments preview)

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts instead, you can get access to them or subscribe one of the three following ways (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Well, things certainly escalated quickly! Upsets a plenty. Conference races tightening. At the same time, some more clarity? Maybe not.

There will be plenty to talk about on Sunday's Hoopsville.

Join us as Dave and his guests work to figure out what has happened in just the last few days, plus get a sense of what's to come. We will talk to teams who are near the top of their conferences races in the Northeast, Atlantic, South, and Central regions. Plus, we hear from a coach who continues to give back to the NABC and trying to improve how Division III is perceived within the coaching ranks.

Oh, and how will the Top 25s shake out on Monday?

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch Sunday's show starting at 7:00 p.m. ET right here: http://bit.ly/2FQFb7v (or via Facebook Live and Periscope simulcasts).

If you have questions about Division III basketball, feel free to send them and we will answer them on a the show. Email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com or use any of the social media options below.

Guests Schedule (order subject to change):
- Randy Tuggle, Greensboro women's coach
- Nicole Sarcone, Staten Island women's coach
- Gary Stewart, Stevenson men's coach (NABC Coach's Corner)
- Tod Murphy, Gordon men's coach
- Mike McGrath, UChicago men's coach
- Bob Quillman, IWUHoops.com (Top 25 Double-Take)

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The new NCAA Division III women's basketball regional rankings are posted: https://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2019/02/women-regional-rankings-third