FB: American Rivers Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBQ1965

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on April 03, 2018, 09:35:23 AM
Quote from: DBQ1965 on April 03, 2018, 08:19:11 AM
On another cold, gray day in April ... it is only 151 days until UD kicks off against UWW.

A matchup many of us WARHAWKS fans have hoped would come about.  I have a feeling this one may mean a tad more than most out of conference games for Coach Z and he'll have the Spartans ready.   The university has a beautiful football facility and I'm looking forward to visiting.

It seems every time I make the drive (6+ hours) from Grand Rapids (MI) to U of D, it turns into a Spartan loss.   Consequently I have stayed away for two years now.  This match-up has the potential to be a great one from several different perspectives, not the least of which is the Coach Z - UWW connection.  Chalmers Field may not quite match-up with The Perk, but yes, it is a very nice facility.  Maybe its time for me to tempt fate once again.

GO BLUE!
Reality is for those who lack imagination 😀

doolittledog

Any news out there?
Coaching changes?
Player transfers in?
Player transfers out?
Recruiting news?
Facilities improvements?
Conference rumors?
Band news?
Video/Streaming news?
Derogatory comments about someone's momma?
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

18Mulligans

Gentlemen (I use this term loosely) -
I've been a long time follower of the board and love what I'm seeing with these last few 100 posts.  Finally decided that I should include myself in the sarcastic banter that is upon us.  I hope to add some great insight, loving replies and facetiousness that is unmatched.  With that being said, I look forward to my contradictory statements and hatred for you all.

doolittledog

Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

Pat Coleman

Quote from: 18Mulligans on April 13, 2018, 08:48:25 AM
Gentlemen (I use this term loosely) -
I've been a long time follower of the board and love what I'm seeing with these last few 100 posts.  Finally decided that I should include myself in the sarcastic banter that is upon us.  I hope to add some great insight, loving replies and facetiousness that is unmatched.  With that being said, I look forward to my contradictory statements and hatred for you all.

Welcome aboard!
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

5 Words or Less

All y'all thick!  >:( >:( >:(

Y'all welcomed BenBUTTdontbreak too munths ago and scared 'm 'way

Now Y'ouezz bin welcomin' sum uther teeanage golfer type.  Git out 'n make yersefs uzeful - stoke up the still - I smell a rat 'n I'z need y'all hep snuff 'im  out.  Hooze he churn' fer?

He sezz'n he doan like nobody sew he may'n be uh Luther'un ... thems hemmitts is heavy, givin' a feller headaches and a fowl dispuzishun.  Blue 'uns is bad cuz them horns make'm off ballunce 'n such but the orange 'uns suk worse cuz ya kant breath nun.

He ain no beaver cuz'in his spellin' them multi-slavic werds seemed like all citified 'n all.

He ain no Kohawk fer he laid no mention of speedos 'r rooffin'

He ain no Prairie goat or River Chicken, thems all either scarred away 'er 'Uh-Buhve' postin' sly devil talk on this here kompewter board

He ain no Spartinian cuz doooolittttle wer'n't liftin his leg markin territory with glee upon 'nuthur irishman cumin' ta share a fresh pint

So that leaves one uh them red scurges t' the south ... We doan need mora neither in my dishonest up'nyun. 

If'n heeza Luther'un leave 'um lone - we have wayz uh takin' care our own - specially thems orange devils.  But if he he starts mispunk-u-8-N stuff or starts woopin' crayzee up talk 'bout wooden shoes - then welcomethehullouttathem.

Sincerely yours,
5 IQ or less

5 Words or Less

5 Words or Less

NCAA 2018 football rule changes. http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/alteration-football-kickoff-rule-approved

• allow the receiving team to fair catch the kick inside the 25-yard line and have it result in a touchback
  • offense will not be allowed to block below the waist when the block occurs more than 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage
  • all blocks below the waist must be from the front other than the interior linemen
  • illegal to leap over the frame of the body of an opponent

badgerwarhawk

Have they been approved or are they just the committee's recommendations?

#1 sucks
"Just think twice is my only advice."

18Mulligans

Quote from: 5 Words or Less on April 15, 2018, 04:35:40 PM
All y'all thick!  >:( >:( >:(

Y'all welcomed BenBUTTdontbreak too munths ago and scared 'm 'way

Now Y'ouezz bin welcomin' sum uther teeanage golfer type.  Git out 'n make yersefs uzeful - stoke up the still - I smell a rat 'n I'z need y'all hep snuff 'im  out.  Hooze he churn' fer?

He sezz'n he doan like nobody sew he may'n be uh Luther'un ... thems hemmitts is heavy, givin' a feller headaches and a fowl dispuzishun.  Blue 'uns is bad cuz them horns make'm off ballunce 'n such but the orange 'uns suk worse cuz ya kant breath nun.

He ain no beaver cuz'in his spellin' them multi-slavic werds seemed like all citified 'n all.

He ain no Kohawk fer he laid no mention of speedos 'r rooffin'

He ain no Prairie goat or River Chicken, thems all either scarred away 'er 'Uh-Buhve' postin' sly devil talk on this here kompewter board

He ain no Spartinian cuz doooolittttle wer'n't liftin his leg markin territory with glee upon 'nuthur irishman cumin' ta share a fresh pint

So that leaves one uh them red scurges t' the south ... We doan need mora neither in my dishonest up'nyun. 

If'n heeza Luther'un leave 'um lone - we have wayz uh takin' care our own - specially thems orange devils.  But if he he starts mispunk-u-8-N stuff or starts woopin' crayzee up talk 'bout wooden shoes - then welcomethehullouttathem.

Sincerely yours,
5 IQ or less

Message of the day kids:
"Don't do drugs"

The only Beaver that's good is walkin around in skirts.
I understand the meaning behind Kohawk, but figure it out by yourself and don't "be like" anything.
The Prairie Goats shag-a**ed from a division they never competed in to another division they'll never compete in - great move.
The River Chickens haven't been relevant since St. Raphael's Seminary.
The Spartinians DID in fact get wiped out by the Persians.
The Rowdy Roosters can't figure out what mascot to use.
The Vikings are another team satisfied with mediocrity.
Wooden shoes are for babies and dancin around tulips in a skirt..........
Home of the orange & black, a town with a bar and a restaurant dedicated to formidable beast known to Genghis Khan as "Almas"

I'm a fan of this conference and especially the football programs.  Have a buddy that just joined the Knights staff.

18Mulligans

Quote from: 5 Words or Less on April 16, 2018, 02:05:37 PM
Belated Congratualtions - NWU National Champions!

https://nwusports.com/news/2018/3/17/national-champions-prairie-wolves-win-programs-1st-mens-basketball-national-title.aspx

Wow!  Good for them.  That means as much to me as the Bangladesh Cricket team's accomplishments.  Now, remind me again how their football team has been doing since joining the IIAC.......

doolittledog

Quote from: 5 Words or Less on April 15, 2018, 06:36:38 PM
    NCAA 2018 football rule changes. http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/alteration-football-kickoff-rule-approved

• allow the receiving team to fair catch the kick inside the 25-yard line and have it result in a touchback
    • offense will not be allowed to block below the waist when the block occurs more than 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage
    • all blocks below the waist must be from the front other than the interior linemen
    • illegal to leap over the frame of the body of an opponent
    [/b]
    [/list]

Illegal to leap over the frame of the body of an opponent...
    Does that include the Walter Payton leap over the pile into the endzone play?
    Is this about defense or offense?

5 Words or Less

Adopted rules similar to NFL

"Leaping rules on field goals and extra points were adjusted to mirror similar rules regarding leaping the shield on punting plays. It is illegal to leap over the frame of the body of an opponent."

doolittledog