MBB: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by WoosterFAN, January 27, 2005, 10:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: smedindy on March 21, 2018, 11:50:43 AM
Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on March 20, 2018, 04:13:41 PM
Quote from: smedindy on March 20, 2018, 02:33:22 PM
Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on March 19, 2018, 06:42:02 PM
Saw a woman today who had a Wooster cell phone case.  I asked, "Did you go to Wooster?" She looked at me incredulous and said, "You know where that is?"

I said, "they've got a very good basketball team," which already elicited another strange look.  I half wish I would've answered my original thought, which was, "Yes, and I also know a whole bunch of schools within 499 miles of Wooster, too."

I would have asked about the marching band's show at football games, too!

The problem is, I don't know which schools have football and which ones don't.

Psst...another part of the Pat Coleman empire deals with football   ;D ;D ;D

Ryan has admitted many times... he just can't get into the football side. Doesn't have time for that. Considering my time... I respect that decision. LOL
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Smitty Oom on March 21, 2018, 11:43:08 AMLuckily my girlfriend is a fellow d3 basketball alumnus

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on March 21, 2018, 11:50:25 AM
My wife isn't a D3 alumnus

Alumna, not alumnus. A male who is a former student is an alumnus. A female who is a former student is an alumna. Multiple female former students are alumnae. Multiple male former students, or, collectively, former students that include both males and females, are alumni.

The other nice thing about D3 is that its schools pride themselves upon prioritizing academics ... the downside of which is that it encourages free rein for pedants such as myself on d3boards.com. ;)

Quote from: smedindy on March 21, 2018, 11:52:15 AM
My wife did undergrad at Northern Michigan and grad at Michigan State - anytime I use some upscale vocabulary she rolls her eyes and says "Those are Wabash words..."

See what I mean? :D
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on March 21, 2018, 12:06:20 PM
Saw a woman today who had a Wooster cell phone case.  I asked, "Did you go to Wooster?" She looked at me incredulous and said, "You know where that is?"

I said, "they've got a very good basketball team," which already elicited another strange look.  I half wish I would've answered my original thought, which was, "Yes, and I also know a whole bunch of schools within 499 miles of Wooster, too."

Ryan has admitted many times... he just can't get into the football side. Doesn't have time for that. Considering my time... I respect that decision. LOL

I think that he deserves a pass based upon the fact that Eastern Nazarene doesn't have football. I don't expect Calvin (or Goucher, for that matter) students and/or alumni to hold any interest in D3 football, either.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I know Greg... doing a ton today (you will have to wait to see why)... and was flying through it.

I know the monikers more than most... I belong to the first, and now one of two I believe, schools that has an Alumnae and Alumni Office (House) ... because us males aren't good enough for the 70's alumnae and their money. SMH
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Gregory Sager

Yeah, I keep forgetting that Goucher used to be a women's school. I recall your mentioning on the boards at one point what an ongoing headache that is for your alma mater.

Is your cryptic remark concerning your busy day somehow related to UWSP?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 21, 2018, 12:29:19 PM
Yeah, I keep forgetting that Goucher used to be a women's school. I recall your mentioning on the boards at one point what an ongoing headache that is for your alma mater.

I normally wouldn't say... but on this occasion, I will let you off the hook: no. I'm not holding my breathe on that one.

smedindy

Didn't they tell you in improv school not to step on the joke!  ;D ;D

Smitty Oom

Greg, I definitely did not know that, learn something new everyday!

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on March 21, 2018, 11:50:25 AM
She does help with the memorabilia, though. More stuff to add to the mix/wall in the off season!

I was excited to get something from the Colorado College bookstore, but it was closed due to inventory since it was a Friday spring break... :(

Excited to see what you add to your collection next year!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on March 21, 2018, 12:30:58 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 21, 2018, 12:29:19 PM

I normally wouldn't say... but on this occasion, I will let you off the hook: no. I'm not holding my breathe on that one.

Greg... you paying attention? :)

Gregory Sager

Yep. I'm actually not terribly surprised, considering his age. I think that he's already turned 70, or he'll turn 70 this year.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 21, 2018, 02:35:33 PM
Yep. I'm actually not terribly surprised, considering his age. I think that he's already turned 70, or he'll turn 70 this year.

Yes. Not surprised myself. I've had a couple of sources telling me it was coming... just didn't know when. Finally got word this morning it was coming soon, so we've been distracted. :)

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 21, 2018, 12:27:03 PM

I think that he deserves a pass based upon the fact that Eastern Nazarene doesn't have football. I don't expect Calvin (or Goucher, for that matter) students and/or alumni to hold any interest in D3 football, either.

I've never attended a school with a football team in my life. In fact, the last football game I attended in person was probably when my brother played tight-end for one season when he was 9 or 10.  He's 31 now.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

kiltedbryan

Wooster's off-season will include $5M worth of renovations to Timken Gym. The project includes a complete replacement of the gym floor and the 50-year-old bleachers, as well as HVAC, scoreboard, and sound system upgrades. Accessibility and seating for persons with disabilities will be improved, as well.

Total seating capacity will shrink from today's ~3400 to 2,600 with the new bleacher renovation. The downsizing should help the gym feel more full for your standard game, with Wooster probably only wishing to have those extra seats for Woo-Witt rivalry games and NCAA home games.

A subsequent phase in 2019 will focus on locker room renovations. 

JFPIV

Over the weekend on its twitter feed Wabash Hoops identified two kids from Roncalli and one kid from Cathedral (Indy Catholic High Schools for those that might not know) and a kid from Tri-West who will be joining the program this winter.

CollegeGolf18

Anyone know how some of the school's rosters shaped up over the offseason? I see Wabash brought in a couple solid players as did DePauw. Last I heard Wooster was going to have a few guys come in that were solid as well.
Former Collegiate Golfer
Current Sports Nut