BB: CAC: Capital Athletic Conference

Started by bisonpride, January 11, 2006, 04:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YourAverageRighty

CAC continues to bog down Salisbury. They blow teams out of the water and pitching is never really challenged/forced to succeed and they stumble in the grind of a regional. They aren't the only ones out there. Hopefully CNU can pose a challenge because I don't think Mary Wash, York or Wesley can contend like they used to and the bottom is just not even on the same level...

cmackowiakSGSN

cmackowiakSGSN

With his 1.81 ERA for Salisbury University Baseball, senior pitcher Connor Reeves went 'Under the Feathers' to talk about his time at SU
https://t.co/zV6uNNAu91

cmackowiakSGSN

As all-region player and CAC Player of the Year Tom LaBriola departed the starting lineup and became an assistant coach this season, Salisbury University Baseball had a key void behind home plate. Sophomore Matt Padeway battled his way into the starting spot and has excelled on the field and at the plate.

https://thesuflyer.com/2018/04/27/bb-behind-the-mask-padeway-emerges/

cmackowiakSGSN

A 24 inning shutout streak and only three runs allowed in three games, the Salisbury University senior pitching trio is a steady force aiming to bring home a conference title next weekend

https://thesuflyer.com/2018/05/06/three-complete-games-later-su-bb-heads-to-cac-title-series/

Swish3

Swish3

Quote from: Swish3 on March 26, 2019, 08:37:58 AM
CNU is now #1 in the country! :)

...and so are the Lady Captains in softball...wow! :o

YourAverageRighty

All signs pointing towards CNU being a World Series team, very very good and no one in the CAC is going to give them any trouble

CNU85

Let's see what happens now. The remaining schedule gets tougher, starting this weekend with Salisbury coming in with a 19-4-1 record and a 13 game win streak.

In the first 23 games CNU opponents currently have a winning % of 45%. Of course CNU has a big part of that low %.

The remaining 13 games....nobody has a losing record. And are winning 68.5% of their games. 7 of those games are on the road. A good test heading into the post season!

CNU85

Not that anybody reads these boards...but just in case. The preview for this weekend's games states that the combined CNU/Misericordia runs per game is 16. Then it states if Micsiracordia can score like they can, it could be tough. But wait...CNU leads the nation in scoring at 12.1 runs per game. That leaves 3.9 per game for the other guys. Not a powerhouse!

But....I checked NCAA stats....d3baseball.com is incorrect. Mis scores 7.8 per game. So that would be a combined 19.9

Jim Dixon

Quote from: CNU85 on May 16, 2019, 01:34:33 PM
Not that anybody reads these boards...but just in case. The preview for this weekend's games states that the combined CNU/Misericordia runs per game is 16. Then it states if Micsiracordia can score like they can, it could be tough. But wait...CNU leads the nation in scoring at 12.1 runs per game. That leaves 3.9 per game for the other guys. Not a powerhouse!

But....I checked NCAA stats....d3baseball.com is incorrect. Mis scores 7.8 per game. So that would be a combined 19.9

Alas my math skills failed me

Jim Dixon

It should be a fun series to watch with those who enjoy a 13-9 game. With all the scoring, I can see why they schedule 3.5 hours between games of the doubleheaders

CNU85

Quote from: Jim Dixon on May 16, 2019, 01:53:46 PM
It should be a fun series to watch with those who enjoy a 13-9 game. With all the scoring, I can see why they schedule 3.5 hours between games of the doubleheaders

HAHA! Yeah...gives them a 5 min break between games!

CNU85

Quote from: Jim Dixon on May 16, 2019, 01:50:17 PM

At least you know someone is paying attention!! BTW - I like the preview. A nice little recap of each region. Thanks!

Jim Dixon

Quote from: CNU85 on May 16, 2019, 02:13:58 PM
Quote from: Jim Dixon on May 16, 2019, 01:50:17 PM

At least you know someone is paying attention!! BTW - I like the preview. A nice little recap of each region. Thanks!
Thanks for the feedback.  As the playoff changes, there are a lot of changes in our reporting and trying to find the best balance.  we are always interested in what we do right, wrong or what we should add.