FB: Empire 8

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D3viewer

Anyway, don't want to be a downer, it's kickoff week and everyone should be excited and optimistic. The Vosburgh talk should have probably been more offseason talk, oh well.

E8 week one schedule.

Fri Aug 31
7PM Utica (3-7) @ SLU (2-8)   E8/LL Kickoff game

Sat Sep 1

12PM   Buff St (6-5) @ Bridgewater St MA (2-8) Nice 7-8 hour trip to start the season
12PM   Morr St (4-6) @ Norwich VT (1-9)           2 kind of hard to get to rural schools sqaure off
1 PM    Cortland (7-4) @ Fitchburg St (MA) (3-7) Meh
1 PM   #15 W & J (11-1) @ SJF (2-8)                 In your face opener for the Cards
1 PM    Thiel (PA) (1-9)   @ Alfred (8-3)              2 old PAC foes
1 PM    Hobart (7-3)     @  # 6 Brockport (13-1)   Game of the week.  It's always SUNY in Brockport

1:30 PM Hartwick (3-7) at Wilkes (PA) (0-10)   Hartwick's 1st out 2 trips to Wilkes Barre this season

ITH radio

Frank and I will be at Brockport Saterday to do a pre and Post game show on our Facebook live feed so please tune in if you're not local / able to make it in person.

Curious to see how both teams will look.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Bartman

Quote from: ITH radio on August 29, 2018, 06:48:43 AM
Frank and I will be at Brockport Saterday to do a pre and Post game show on our Facebook live feed so please tune in if you're not local / able to make it in person.

Curious to see how both teams will look.
Looks like 86 degrees and Thunderstorms for Saturday....maybe Upset Lightning will strike the Golden Eagles  ;D
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

bports

Can't believe its that time but it is. I will go with Brockport 41 Hobart 13. Pretty much what last years score would have been if Bport didn't fumble on the 1 and have it returned 99 yds for a touchdown. I see Bport scoring a offensive td every qtr and mixing in a defensive td and a few fg. Hobart will have a very hard time moving the ball against this D. With 9 starters returning and a few transfers and newcomers to mix in the Mike Fox D is gonna be sick!! Brockport is home and just way more talented across the board.

fisheralum91

I like the confidence bports.  Im not sure that it will pan out that way but its week one and everyone is undefeated!
You guys had a magical run last year and look to build upon that!

My only take is that Hobart is better than last years version and the score tho ultimately I think will go in your favor, may not be that lopsided!

As for the Fisher / W&J game i literally have no clue.
Fisher played W&J pretty well last year with a down squad.  Hopefully last season was an anomaly.

Bombers798891

I think Brockport is going to take Hobart to the cleaners. Sorry for abandoning my LL compatriots so soon, but any team replacing a QB/WR combo like Sweeney/Shed has to work out some stuff, and Brockport absolutely shredded Hobart last year. I don't care much for the "The game would have been different had the fumble return not happened" narrative going around, but suffice to say, I don't think the score was indicative of the game's competitiveness.

Bport 38, Hobart 14

fisheralum91

Interesting 2 deep for the Fisher W&J game.
Leta is now RB/WR and Dylan Harrington not listed.
Harrington was one of the lone bright spots on last years squad.  Wonder what happened.
His replacements are capable and hope they step up!

Bengalsrule

lets go Buff State  BENGALS

sjfcards

Quote from: fisheralum91 on August 30, 2018, 12:40:18 PM
Interesting 2 deep for the Fisher W&J game.
Leta is now RB/WR and Dylan Harrington not listed.
Harrington was one of the lone bright spots on last years squad.  Wonder what happened.
His replacements are capable and hope they step up!

I noticed that Harrington wasn't lined up as a receiver in the scrimmage, but assumed it was nothing more than maybe a nagging injury. That would be bad news for Fisher, as he was a huge part of the offense last year. He is still listed on the website, so maybe he is just out for a short time...

I noticed they lined up Cam Cleveland as a receiver in that slot position, and he has some real speed.
GO FISHER!!!

fisheralum91

They also have Pat Galer (already talked about) with great hands.
Here is hoping that they get the O line protection that allows the passing game to flourish!

sjfcards

Quote from: fisheralum91 on August 31, 2018, 02:10:20 PM
They also have Pat Galer (already talked about) with great hands.
Here is hoping that they get the O line protection that allows the passing game to flourish!

Not sure how Fisher will look tomorrow, and the rest of the season, but if nothing else I am excited about the young talent they are starting to accumulate. Players like this new Jake Thompson (Soph), John Letta (Soph), Cam Cleveland (Soph), Max Bates (Fresh - transfer from Edinboro), Durrell Hutcherson (soph), LeMar Peters (soph), Terry White (Soph), and Pat Galer look like they have some real talent. This years Freshman class seems to have some talent as well. Check out Malachi Duval (#2 RB as a Freshman), and Ricardo Yolas as Freshman RB's. The more i have looked at these young guys they more impressed I am. We will see a lot of these guys this year so they plenty of time to develop, which could be a good thing.

I am interested to see what this class scan be as they develop. It could be fun to watch, but I am imagining growing pains early on.
GO FISHER!!!

sjfcards

Time always seem to crawl that last hour before game time. Let's go CARDS!
GO FISHER!!!

Upstate

Not a good start.

Offensive scheme has no logic behind it.

Defense is getting gashed, three man fronts are useless if you have no size or ability to hold the line of scrimmage.

Center can't even snap the ball on shotgun snaps. 

Going to be a long year, again.
The views expressed in the above post do not represent the views of St. John Fisher College, their athletic department, their coaching staff or their players. I am an over zealous antagonist that does not have any current connection to the institution I attended.

sjfcards

Quote from: Upstate on September 01, 2018, 01:50:29 PM
Not a good start.

Offensive scheme has no logic behind it.

Defense is getting gashed, three man fronts are useless if you have no size or ability to hold the line of scrimmage.

Center can't even snap the ball on shotgun snaps. 

Going to be a long year, again.

Yeah, this has been hard to watch. Fisher is just getting man handled
GO FISHER!!!

middlerelief1

RE: Fisher D

I remember a few seasons ago when I said to a fellow onlooker is it me or is Fisher's D suddenly playing like UofR?  Only to be informed that the DC was a UofR guy....   with each passing game and season, the performance of the D has only gotten worse.   

Something has to change here