Division III Players to Watch list?

Started by Bulldog16, February 11, 2008, 09:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

AG, that list was released by Baseball America on Jan 29th, 2008.

We are probably two weeks away from the release for 2009.

Thanks for bringing it up!

A.G.

Someone moved my original post.  THE ABCA (not affiliated with BBA) posts a WATCH LIST TOO.  I have seen a couple of releases on the D3 players but am looking for an ACTUAL LIST.

Hammer Ball

Are you referring to the list in the Jan 2 2009 issue of Collegiate Baseball?

Ralph Turner

Quote from: A.G. on January 15, 2009, 12:59:44 PM
Someone moved my original post.  THE ABCA (not affiliated with BBA) posts a WATCH LIST TOO.  I have seen a couple of releases on the D3 players but am looking for an ACTUAL LIST.
As moderator, I moved the post onto this board which already had activity on it.  ;)

If anyone sees the ABCA list, then post the link! 

A.G.

Quote from: Hammer Ball on January 15, 2009, 01:06:55 PM
Are you referring to the list in the Jan 2 2009 issue of Collegiate Baseball?

Heck...I would love to get my hands/keyboard on any of the lists of "Players to Watch" as I enjoy checking stats all through the season.

LightsOutLidge

Is this watch list determined mostly by scouts? coaches? what?

StarvinMarvin

Collegiate baseball sends out paperwork for the DIII coaches to fill out and they submit the players from their team who are "players to watch" in their opinion.  Some coaches don't even bother sending their list in which is why you might wonder why some players make it who may not be deserving and some don't make who are deserving.  It's a very informal list and in my opinion has very little relevance. 

theoneandonly

this list isint always the most acurate because coaches can send in suggestions. This list is quite often messed up too, last year players to watch, blackburn college had two or three. ONE. the first basemen Josh Holman, he ended up batting .218 and their right handed side arm pitcher scott ward. who is a started, he was named a player to watch on the left handed relife pitchers.
Baseball players get to every base.

bbnag101

Quote from: Ralph Turner on January 14, 2009, 09:22:15 PM
AG, that list was released by Baseball America on Jan 29th, 2008.

We are probably two weeks away from the release for 2009.

Thanks for bringing it up!

Does anyone who if the 2009 list has come out yet or should we look for it this weekend?? 

OshDude

Quote from: A.G. on January 29, 2009, 01:02:39 PM
Here is the D3 preview from BBA:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/college/season-preview/2009/267505.html
"Kevin Walnis"? LOL. And pretty convenient that they slot Dan Kaczrowski at 2B. If he's their national POY, you'd think he would be at SS, his position for more than 30 games last season.

BigPoppa

Another player to watch is Carthage 1B John Lequia who is a Division I transfer from Bradley. If things pan out like they did last year for a Bradely 1B transferring to Carthage, we could be looking at an all-American season. (1B Jason Acevado landed at Carthage from Bradley last year). Don't know much about him yet, but past history seems to bode well in this case.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

bbnag101

A.G. - thanks for the link and info. 

They sure don't give much love to D3.  They could have said a little more. But I guess some love is better than no love :)

BigPoppa

Quote from: bbnag101 on January 29, 2009, 04:34:55 PM

They sure don't give much love to D3.  They could have said a little more. But I guess some love is better than no love :)

That's exactly what my wife tells me.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

Jim Dixon

Quote from: bbnag101 on January 29, 2009, 04:34:55 PM

The snippet for D-III baseball is probably on par with the coverage of college baseball overall.  The comparison is to see how much they write on NAiA and D-III baseball.