WBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by wheatonc, March 03, 2005, 06:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: iwu70 on February 28, 2019, 09:08:26 PM
Good luck to the TITANS and Wheaton this weekend.  Bring home some Ws for the CCIW.

IWU'70

P.S.  Anyone have a good take on Wisconsin Lutheran?  26-1 isn't chopped liver.  St. Thomas another matter, right . . . .?

I've never watched them play, but just studied their website a bit. 

Their only player in double-digits is 6'0" senior Jen Dowden, at 16.2.  They don't seem to be much of a 3-pt threat - only three players over 0.7 per game (Dowden is one of the deep threats).  Their overall height looks very comparable to the Titans.

I'm certainly not taking them for granted (I've seen enough upsets to not even take Finlandia for granted! :o), but despite their 26-1 record, I think IWU is a HEAVY favorite.

Against UST, we would be a HEAVY underdog.  Especially ON their court.  But I ain't throwing in the towel just yet!  (Especially after attending the 2012 men's 2nd round game AT #1 ranked Hope where we won in double OT! ;D)

RogK

Looking at their stats, one notices that the same 5 have started all 27 games and are the top 5 in minutes. Four are seniors, with one junior.
Substantial height among those starters : 6'1"  6'  5'11"  5'10"  5'4".
Of the 8 players who play the most, 7 shoot threes in the decent-to-very good range : .273 up to .427.
The team outrebounds opponents by 7.2 /game and they enjoy a 5.4 turnover advantage.
They restrict opponents to .365 on 2FGs and .242 on threes.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: RogK on February 28, 2019, 10:49:22 PM
Looking at their stats, one notices that the same 5 have started all 27 games and are the top 5 in minutes. Four are seniors, with one junior.
Substantial height among those starters : 6'1"  6'  5'11"  5'10"  5'4".
Of the 8 players who play the most, 7 shoot threes in the decent-to-very good range : .273 up to .427.
The team outrebounds opponents by 7.2 /game and they enjoy a 5.4 turnover advantage.
They restrict opponents to .365 on 2FGs and .242 on threes.

But you've gotta take into account the (lack of) quality of their opponents.  The women's CCIW is (alas) not a power conference like the men, but it is WAY, WAY better than the NACC.

iwu70

Thanks for the statistical portrait and impressions of Wisconsin Lutheran. 

Go TITANS!  Time for lock-down D and avid "run and jump."

'70

RogK

Regardless of whichever team might be expected to win, the game will start tied 0-0.

Gregory Sager

There you go, Rog, climbing out on a limb again with one of your insane predictions.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

GoPerry

Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 01, 2019, 10:51:29 AM
There you go, Rog, climbing out on a limb again with one of your insane predictions.

Rog hates making predictions, especially about the future. . .

Pat Coleman

Quote from: RogK on March 01, 2019, 05:09:25 AM
Regardless of whichever team might be expected to win, the game will start tied 0-0.

Presuming nobody is wearing the wrong uniform compared to the scorebook and we don't start out with a technical and a free throw.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

lmitzel

Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 01, 2019, 11:09:30 AM
Quote from: RogK on March 01, 2019, 05:09:25 AM

Presuming nobody is wearing the wrong uniform compared to the scorebook and we don't start out with a technical and a free throw.

This can't be understated; I worked a men's game last year where North Central literally led for the entire 40 minutes because the opposing head coach didn't get starters in on time!
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

RogK

I'm more likely to make an inane prediction.
lmitzel, I think you mean it can't be overstated. Yes?

lmitzel

Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

iwu70

IWU and WI-Lutheran 16 all end of 1Q.  So far a pace favorable to WI-Lutheran.

'70

Captain_Joe08

Wisconsin Lutheran 16
Illinois Wesleyan 16

End 1st

Warriors led the entire quarter but the Titans tie it up late.
Once a Warrior always a Warrior.
WLC Men's Tennis (2014 NACC Tournament Champs)
2014 MIAA Football Pick 'Em Champ
2014 WIAC Football Pick 'Em Regular Season Co-Champ
2014 National Confidence Playoff Champion
Milwaukee Brewers: 2018 NL Central Champions

Mr. Ypsi

Half-way thru Q2:  Titans scored a total of two points in the first 5 minutes of each Q. :(

Captain_Joe08

Wisconsin Lutheran 29
Illinois Wesleyan 25

Half

Some Stats

FG%

WLC: 12/28 (.429)
IWU: 9/25 (.360)

3-Pt %

WLC: 3/8 (.375)
IWU: 1/9 (.111)

FT%

WLC: 2/3 (.667)
IWU: 6/7 (.857)

Kelly Tamburg leads WLC with 9. Raven Hughes leads IWU with 9.
Once a Warrior always a Warrior.
WLC Men's Tennis (2014 NACC Tournament Champs)
2014 MIAA Football Pick 'Em Champ
2014 WIAC Football Pick 'Em Regular Season Co-Champ
2014 National Confidence Playoff Champion
Milwaukee Brewers: 2018 NL Central Champions