FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner, sigma one and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

MUC57

crufootball

Your post mentions the move of the UMHB game to Friday. Sounds like a weather move. What is the weather predicted to be? Must be nasty stuff. In any case, Go Cru! ☠🏈
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Toby Taff

Quote from: MUC57 on October 12, 2018, 05:38:09 AM

crufootball

Your post mentions the move of the UMHB game to Friday. Sounds like a weather move. What is the weather predicted to be? Must be nasty stuff. In any case, Go Cru! ☠🏈
Heavy rains and lightening. This weekend is supposed to be pretty nasty as a tropical depression pushes through giving way to a cold front. Most areas around where I work are already saturated and flooded so its not a good thing, but farmers never complain about rain so neither will I. I might complain if the snow comes and makes it down thid far.
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

MUC57

Toby Taff

Thanks guy! Hope you get the game in OK! ☠🏈

I realize for you I should say, - Go UMHB! Go HSU! Boy, you sure complicate stuff! What's not to love about Crusaders and Cowboys? Best to y'all!
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

DFWCrufan

9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

Toby Taff

Quote from: DFWCrufan on October 12, 2018, 09:48:42 AM
Interesting New Report... Waco Native Introduces Irish Boyfriend to Texas Football & UMHB
   https://www.centexproud.com/sports/copy-of-waco-native-introduces-irish-boyfriend-to-texas-football-family/1514920481
I watched this yesterday. The bf's response to Texas football's accurate depiction on tv was great
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

Toby Taff

Just a shout out to some former regular posters to say we miss your regular input Roocru and Ralph

couchcru11

What's the feeling around Belton/ locker room for this rar FNL game for the Cru? Not living in Belton anymore is killing me not being able to go to all the games.
"A Crusader NEVER walks alone!"

crufootball

Quote from: couchcru11 on October 12, 2018, 12:34:29 PM
What's the feeling around Belton/ locker room for this rar FNL game for the Cru? Not living in Belton anymore is killing me not being able to go to all the games.

Seems like the overall attitude is just happy to get the game in and not have to sit and wait out a rain delay like we did last week.

In looking at the lately forecast it appears that the rain/thunderstorms won't hit till around 9 so hopefully they can play a average length game and then get home.

Toby Taff

Can we get an accurate throw please?

roocru

Quote from: Toby Taff on October 12, 2018, 12:14:55 PM
Just a shout out to some former regular posters to say we miss your regular input Roocru and Ralph

Still here Toby!  I've been helping my wife out with a broken foot and then a trip to lift her spirits to New Hampshire, Vermont and the Adirondacks for fall colors.  I was with my son at the HSU game.  Still lurking!!
Anything that you ardently desire, vividly imagine, totally believe and enthusiastically pursue will inevitably come to pass !!!

umhb2001

Ho-hum game for The Cru. The D was stellar and the Offense was good enough. Run game was salty. Jase and Denarian couldn't make a pass. TJ was missing catches. Thankfully, We have a QB with great accuracy in Luke Poorman. He was really good, making the throws he's expected to make. Can't say enough about the way he plays the game.

The guys were ready to leave at halftime. I can't blame them. Let's enjoy tomorrow.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Toby Taff on October 12, 2018, 12:14:55 PM
Still here.   :)

txtiger1

We are just feeding it to RJ today, I love it

DFWCrufan

UMHB V. HPU - Nice quiet no damage game for either side, I appreciate HPU not getting chippy and just playing a good game. The Cru were simply running simple and smooth plays coming out with no one hurt which is great. Luke looked solid, but then again all three Qbs are solid.

But I wanted to talk about TLU!!!! Bulldogs you pulled out a great game... 21 to 21 with 14 seconds left, TLU drives down to the 3 yrd line and Matthews delivers! for the TLU Win! Good on ya Bulldogs.
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

umhb2001

UMHB is in the driver's seat. With some time to fine tune, they should be able to take care of business, rest the #1's hopefully, and shore up that home field advantage.

I would love to see Luke get the start this week against Belhaven and perhaps next week against McMurry. I wouldn't mind seeing HSU lose again so that we can get some different teams in Crusader stadium. That would be nice.

Hopefully, we can play the rest of the games without injury and go into the playoffs at full strength.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!