MBB: Presidents' Athletic Conference

Started by joe smith, February 11, 2005, 03:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe smith

Hater you're clueless!  Chris Stevens is the exact kid you need on the floor.  He's there best defender and is exactly what you said, "a hustle player"  Maybe if Brody did that he'd play!  They have enough 3-point shooters and good ball handlers and the twins do enough scoring for the whole team.  Jackson is a dime a dozen in d3 hoops.  Maybe he should go play at Westminster where all they do is shoot 3's and play no d!  Oh yeah when he score 1400 points for Bethany, then you can argue basketball with me.  Please get off this kids sac and talk about something worth talking about.

A-K-Ron Hater

Brody Jackson wasnt that good of a player even when he was in high school...theres no way he should be playing ahead of scotty, jimmy, josh, chris, or duncan.....and plus i dont know of too many coachs that are clueless and lead a team to a 20-3 record

Hater

Oh Jesus, everybody knows everything about Mr. Jackson....this is the most rediculous thing I've ever see, I make one comment about how Brody is pretty darn good and Chris is a DIME A DOZEN, and suddenly everything becomes a big deal...and I dont know anything about basketball, so screw you "Joe Smith" and "Akron Hater"... just keep acting like you know everything about Bethany and Basketball, because neither of you know anything....buttheads

joe smith

Look at the record books in the media guide for Bethany.  You'll see me as the 4th all-time leading scorer.  Yea you're right I dont know anything!  I jst can't believe we wasted all these posts talking about a kid that prolly wont play until hisjunioir or senior year if he sticks it out that long!

As for useful info, Bethany beats Westminster last night 110-99 to improve to 20-3 and 7-1 in the conference.  They are now 15-2 in the region which is really hard to overlook for the tourny.  Westminster falls to 14-9 and a suprising 4-4 in league play.

Hey, A-K, glad to see you finally got around to reading the rules and used a real e-mail address to register. We don't appreciate all the fake e-mail bouncebacks, buddy.

Hater

These Bison are really starting to piss me off, I mean jesus christ...the Drahos brothers aren't even that damn good and yet the entire sports section of the Wheeling Intelligencer was about them, I mean honestly they are tall....they aren't that athletic...let me shoot that much and I'll drop 40 points too, this is getting rediculous, I still have   faith in Brody, he'll be gettin honest time as a sophomore, and just for the record, Brody works as hard as Stephens anyday...it's only a matter of time, Matt Drahos is a joke ---- put BRODY IN!!! butthead

David Collinge

Big Daddy,
Thanks for posting those links about Geneva possibly joining the PAC.  That was interesting information.

Old School

D3hoops Fan's (Poster's) Top 25 Poll next year?

Attn:

I am currently thinking about running a fan's poll for the Top 25 starting next season (may not have a poll until the new year, to avoid previous year's bias, among other things).  I am looking for posters who are knowledgeable not only about their teams, but about their conference and even other conferences, and having a familiarity about other regions as well.  Obviously, there will be some bias towards the teams you know, but it is very important to become familiar with other teams from other regions of the nation.  Though this is a Top 25 poll for fun, it is important to take it seriously and not just vote your team #1 just for the sake of it.  I also ask that you not miss sending in your ballots any week.  It's not a pick em league where you simply go 0-25 for the week!  Ballots would be submitted by Sunday night/early Monday morning, prior to the official D3Hoops poll coming out.  This poll would be strictly independent of the official poll.  

If you are interested, feel you qualify, and are willing to take this seriously, to a point, please email me to show your interest.  Include in the subject line: Poster's Poll, or something like that.  Also include your handle, since I most likely won't know your handle from your real name (email address), the conference/team and region you would "represent".  I'd like to get at least one poster from each region.  

Thanks.

David Collinge

Here's my shot at what the NCAA Great Lakes Regional ranking will look like when released.  The NCAA only ranks 5 teams, but I included all teams with SOSI's in the top 100 nationally just for information purposes:
RankTeamSOSIOverall W/LReg W/LReg W/L%WRR*s
1Wooster10.52622-118-10.9472Transylvania, Wittenberg
2Albion10.53820-211-20.8463Ramapo, Calvin, Calvin
3Wittenberg10.47120-315-20.8821Wooster
4John Carroll10.26318-415-40.7891King's
5Calvin9.54518-59-20.8181Wartburg
6Bethany9.11820-315-20.8820
7Muskingum9.19015-814-70.6672JCU, JCU
8Otterbein9.50016-712-60.6670
9Baldwin-Wallace8.89517-613-60.6842Mary Washington, JCU
10Capital9.20014-812-80.6000
11Adrian9.06712-109-60.6000

*WRRs = Wins over Regionally Ranked teams, which is a factor considered by the NCAA; and the rightmost column lists those wins.

joe smith

That's the funniest post I've read Hater or should I say Paul, dumb freshman.  I won't even respond.

Wow Bethany looks impressive right now.  I'd say they could still lose maybe once and get in.

Hater

David Collinge

New http://www.ncaasports.com/basketball/mens/polls/rankings/diviii" target="_blank">regional rankings are out.  In the Great Lakes, it's the same quintet, just in a different order:

1. Wooster (22-1, 18-1 reg.)
2. Wittenberg (20-3, 15-2)
3. Albion (20-2, 11-2)
4. John Carroll (18-4, 15-4)
5. Calvin (18-5, 9-2)

Ralph Turner

Waterboy, thanks for the history and perspective on Gheny.

joe smith

Bethany crushes Waynesburg last night by 40 to clinch home court througout the conference tourny.  They improve to 21-3 and 16-2 in the region.

Some suprises as Westminster loses to W&J and Grove City falls to Thiel.  looks like the 3 through 6 seeds are still up in the air.

d-mac

It is time to find out who is in... and who is out.
Whose bubble has been burst and who is wearing Cinderella's glass slippers.
It's Selection Sunday... and tonight there will be a special "http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville">Hoopsville" as the 2005 NCAA Men's and Women's Basketball Brackets are announced... LIVE on our air!
The Road to Salem and Virginia Beach officially starts tonight!

It plans to be a huge night... as 50 womens and 48 mens teams are officially invited to the dance and a chance at a national title.

Some teams already know they are going (thanks to winning their conferences) and some think they are going, but there are always surprises.

So tonight, we will break it all down. Starting at 8:30 PM EST, we will take a look at who is definitely in, who might make it, who will be disappointed, and what match-ups you might want to look forward to seeing later in the week.

Then at 10:00 PM EST... we will broadcast LIVE the Women's Selection Show so you can find out when we do... the 50 teams on the Road to Virginia Beach.

That will be followed by the Men's Selection Show at 10:30 PM EST - when 48 teams find out what their Road to Salem will be like.

After those selections... we will go over it with a fine-tooth comb and find out who we think are the surprises!

And throughout the show, we will hear from different regions with live reports and talk to coaches that have made surprising moves into the tournament.

Of course, you can listen in thank to http://www.goucher.edu/radio">Goucher College.
We suggest you try and use the low-bandwith signal which will require you to have htpp://forms.real.com/netzip/getrde601.html?h=software-dl.real.com&r=2723cbe80ea75bfa7021&f=windows/RealPlayer10-5GOLD_bb.exe&p=RealOne Player&oem=dlrhap_bb&tagtype=ie&type=dlrhap_bb">Real Player and selection the rtsp://helix.goucher.edu/broadcast/goucherradiolb">28K version of the show.
At the same time, you can listen to the Broadcastmonsters.com version, using http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/download/download.aspx">Windows Media Player (go to the "http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville">Hoopsville" page for more information).

And you can share your opinions and questions with us, live on the air.
email - mailto:hoopsville@d3hoops.com">hoopsville@d3hoops.com  
AOL IM - Hoopsville2000

And for more information... check out the "http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville">Hoopsville" website (http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville" target=_top>www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville)!

Again... it all starts tonight at 8:30 PM EST.