The Race for the 2013 Regional Births.

Started by EttaFan1, April 19, 2013, 10:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishopleftiesdad

Quote from: Spence on April 23, 2013, 12:02:36 PM
Quote from: Bishopleftiesdad on April 23, 2013, 09:57:12 AM
I do not see any way possible for the NCAC to get two bids this year either. With as good as Denison has been they do not quite match up against the better teams in the region. Same goes for Wooster and Depauw.

Without knowing what happens in conference tournaments, it's hard to say. But this seems right to me.

Yeah even if a dark horse wins the tournament, I find it hard to believe any of the other teams left could then rank high enough in the region to get a C bid.

EttaFan1

Last year W&J made it in as a pool C team when Westminster pulled the upset in the conference touranment.  I'm not certain that happens in the president's conference either. 

If Marietta is swept by BW and Case, and goes two and out in the OAC tourney, I think their Pool C chances take a signficant set back. 

Machester is an interesting possibility, but their low SOS is a problem. 

My "Suprise" pool C team for this year would be John Carroll.  If they win two from CWRU today (4/23), sweep Heidelberg, beat Wooster, and sweep Northern, they could make a very strong case for a pool C bid, particularly if they are playing in the finals of the OAC tournament. CWRU, Berg, and Wooster will help their NCAA SOS.  and their regional winning percentage would jump to .700.  This is a scenario which would be hard to ignore, IMO.  Assuming they also defeat Hiram, they would be 28-11 going to the OAC Tourney, white hot, and two more wins there puts them at 30+ for the year.  (Even splitting with Case or Berg helps, just not as much).

Lots of baseball on the slate!

Spence

Quote from: EttaFan1 on April 23, 2013, 02:00:47 PM

If Marietta is swept by BW and Case, and goes two and out in the OAC tourney, I think their Pool C chances take a signficant set back. 

Shame on you for even thinking about this. ;)

EttaFan1

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Sometimes I try too hard to be objective and not let my fandom cloud realistic opinions.  Thus I spout nonsense. 

I'll refrain!

Spence

:)

I don't think MC losing 6 of its next 8 region games is too realistic though. I wouldn't have any idea when the last time was that they went on that kind of tailspin up north.

OC_SID

Will BW even be allowed in the regional rankings since they aren't allowed to compete in the NCAA Tournament?

Pat Coleman

Quote from: OC_SID on April 23, 2013, 07:31:15 PM
Will BW even be allowed in the regional rankings since they aren't allowed to compete in the NCAA Tournament?

I believe football ranked them even after the president's decision.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Bishopleftiesdad

Quote from: Pat Coleman on April 24, 2013, 10:26:01 PM
Quote from: OC_SID on April 23, 2013, 07:31:15 PM

I believe football ranked them even after the president's decision.
What effect could that have on other Mid-East teams chance for a pool C? If they are ranked it will certainly push some teams down in the ranking.

jos s

ranking BW would be great for the players and coaches who have worked hard, and have had a great season. the fact they cannot advance to the playoffs is not the players fault, though they will be punished for the mistakes made, which is not fair.

EttaFan1

I think a team with a solid Pool C resume will stand on its own merrits with or without BW in the rankings.  On selection day, BW is not an eligible team so they won't be considered.  I'm not so certain the one spot difference in ranking due to BW's possible presence will be a significant factor.   

Bishopleftiesdad

Quote from: jos s on April 25, 2013, 10:36:19 AM
ranking BW would be great for the players and coaches who have worked hard, and have had a great season. the fact they cannot advance to the playoffs is not the players fault, though they will be punished for the mistakes made, which is not fair.

I am not saying they should not be ranked, Just wanted to know the possible results. Coach Harrsion and all his young men have worked very hard to get were they are and deserve all the accolades they get.

Bishopleftiesdad

Quote from: EttaFan1 on April 25, 2013, 11:01:05 AM
I think a team with a solid Pool C resume will stand on its own merrits with or without BW in the rankings.  On selection day, BW is not an eligible team so they won't be considered.  I'm not so certain the one spot difference in ranking due to BW's possible presence will be a significant factor.   

Thanks Etta it is good to know. While the NCAC probably does not have the depth this year to get a pool C. It is good to know that other mideast pool C teams will not be adversely effected.

jos s

when are the regional ranking due out ?  seems like they had been expected last week.

EttaFan1