FB: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BashDad

If true, this is both a relief and also kind of ****ty for ER and his family -- what a public thing to have to endure and now they're all forced to hide disappointment in the name of "getting back to work" or whatever. Oof. I hope he can take a week off or something.

jknezek

Quote from: BashDad on January 29, 2015, 12:50:30 PM
If true, this is both a relief and also kind of ****ty for ER and his family -- what a public thing to have to endure and now they're all forced to hide disappointment in the name of "getting back to work" or whatever. Oof. I hope he can take a week off or something.

Part and parcel of trying for a new job while still holding on to the one you have. It's by far the biggest downside of trying to move on...

02 Warhawk

Which is something Lance had to endure the past 3+ years.

That's life in the big city. I don't think it'll affect the Wabash program much.

02 Warhawk

Quote from: BashDad on January 29, 2015, 01:03:10 PM

I'm glad we have our coach back. He's better than yours.

Well that didn't take long. I'm pretty sure ER handled it with more class.

jknezek

Quote from: BashDad on January 29, 2015, 01:03:10 PM
"The big city?" Seriously -- you guys all suck.

I'm glad we have our coach back. He's better than yours.

Shouldn't there have been a "na-nanny-boo-boo" added to the end of this kind of comment? Those were the playground rules when I was a child.  ;D

bashbrother

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on January 28, 2015, 08:25:28 PM
Regarding Coaching Salaries:

Saw this on coachingsearch.com (Grinch is a Mount Union Alum):

QuoteWashington State: New defensive coordinator Alex Grinch will earn $425,000 next season

I am a WSU Cougar... I would have supported us paying Coach Grinch $1 Million/ year if it meant we could get rid of our old DC....  Our defense only gave up 38 pts and 450 yards per game in 2014... Uuugh.
Why should you go for it on 4th down?

"To overcome the disappointment of not making it on third down." -- Washington State Coach Mike Leach

Pat Coleman

Quote from: BashDad on January 29, 2015, 01:10:58 PM
Whatever. What you posted is tacky. You suck.

So you've never heard the phrase, "that's life in the big city" before?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

badgerwarhawk

You're not giving him the credit he deserves.  He's an adult not a child.  He understood the risks when he applied and I'm sure he gave it his best effort.  His committment to Wabash hasn't changed and he'll be just fine despite the disappointment.  Maybe you're not mature enough to handle it but I have no doubt that Erik Raeburn is.  If this is the worse thing to happen to him his life will be charmed. 
"Just think twice is my only advice."

02 Warhawk

It was meant to be sympathetic...meaning many coaches each year have to endure being shot down and return to their current program. It happens all the time, and I'm sure it sucks.

I guess I should have said "You win some and you lose some" or "You have to roll with the punches"....all basically mean the same thing as "That's life in the big city".

wally_wabash

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on January 29, 2015, 12:53:17 PM

Just out of curiousity, was Leipold poking around at other jobs for the last three years?  I've seen reports just this last year linking him with interest to Montana, but I hadn't seen or heard about other inquiries before then. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

02 Warhawk

Quote from: wally_wabash on January 29, 2015, 03:11:27 PM

Just out of curiousity, was Leipold poking around at other jobs for the last three years?  I've seen reports just this last year linking him with interest to Montana, but I hadn't seen or heard about other inquiries before then.

He sure has. It's typically brought up in the WIAC boards each off season the past few years....."where is Lance applying this year?" He was one the finalist for the DII Grand Valley State job back in 2010.

It was just a matter of time before he landed something.

wally_wabash

Quote from: 02 Warhawk on January 29, 2015, 03:14:31 PM

He sure has. It's typically brought up in the WIAC boards each off season the past few years....."where is Lance applying this year?"

Where at? 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

BashDad

I feel like my program was just chewed up and spit out a little bit by your program. I think it's tacky to post anything resembling "c'est la vie" to the very obvious and rational expression of ugh, what a waste this has all been...

02 Warhawk

Quote from: wally_wabash on January 29, 2015, 03:16:57 PM
Quote from: 02 Warhawk on January 29, 2015, 03:14:31 PM

He sure has. It's typically brought up in the WIAC boards each off season the past few years....."where is Lance applying this year?"

Where at?

Grand Valley State (D2) in 2010 was one that comes to mind. There's been others I just can't think of right now.

badgerwarhawk

Lance was a finalist for at least three other head coaching positions during his tenure in WHITEWATER.  I know he was offerred at least one of the jobs but declined because he didn't feel it was a good fit for him. 

Grand Valley
Middle Tennessee
Austin Pea (I think it was)

Somehow he survived the disappointment.   
"Just think twice is my only advice."