MBB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by Scots Hoops Fan, March 14, 2005, 09:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toph

bishopsfan

Toph:
My point being do you think that Geno Ford will continue to run the princeton style offense.  Coach Burson had recruited players that would fit into his system and if Ford is going to change from the princeton, I am wondering how smooth of a transition a change will be?
Go Bishops!!

Toph

Ah, that is a good question.  We'll have to wait and see I suppose.  If it's worth anything, Kent State does not run the Princeton offense.

jdean

The local paper printed the names of 4 recruits who will be attending Mount this coming year. Hershal Collins from Chippewa HS, Adam Gerber from Massillon Washington HS, Laraedo Gray from Kent Roosevelt HS and Kyle Miller from RB Hayes HS in Delaware County. The article didn't say this but I believe they're all seven footers who chose Mount over Ohio State.

Toph

I'm sure they all had low test scores to boot...right?

jdean

Toph

Sorry to burst your bubble, jdean...even if it is month's later.  Laredo Gray hails from my fine alma mater and I can tell you he's no seven footer ;).

I'm merely posting this because I've started working out the basketball schedules this morning and I'm starting to get excited.

fishermba

Toph-

I am starting to get excited about JCU basketball!  I am tempted to head down to Cinci for the preseason tourny.  Can you answer to questions:  1.  I have read rumors that Brandon Mimes has transferred??  Any truth?  2.  Did we get any solid recruits this year?  Thanks

Toph

fishermamba-
I can answer one of those questions for certain.  Brandon Mimes did not transfer.  He is enrolled at JCU.  As for the recruits, I have been focussed on football so I haven't had a chance to talk to Coach Moran or see any open gyms yet.  I do know that they have a player (whose name escapes me) who was ineligable for the past two seasons and will be in action this year.  He's supposed to make a big splash.  I've heard rumors of a tall, big freshman, but can't confirm them.

fishermba

Toph-

Thanks for the confirmation about Mimes!  Definately good news.  Any idea when they will have the Mens Roster link active or the prospectus?  not sure how close you work with the SID.  Thanks and I look forward to your insight this season.

Toph

I don't know when he'll get that posted.  Sorry.

fishermba

Toph-  I am now offically nervous!  The roster is now posted on the JCU website and Mimes isnt listed!  Not a good sign.......

Toph

I said he was enrolled, I didn't say he was going to play.  That was intentional.

jdean

That tall, big freshman is a woman that Mount wouldn't take because she never shaves.
Seriously, and I can be every once in awhile, I'm happy to hear Mimes is in school. Maybe a year away from the game will bring him back.
Good luck this season and don't beat Mount 70-0.

Toph

jdean-
My only hope is that if the basketball team enjoys the type of success the football team is currently having, there will be no doubt of whether or not they make the playoffs!