BB: Regionals (South) Danville '08, Salisbury '09, Methodist '10, Rhodes '11

Started by A.G., May 10, 2008, 07:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Quote from: EnFuego on May 12, 2008, 03:43:59 PM
I am absolutely shocked that Emory didn't get in.  All the numbers seemed to favor them getting the final pool B bid.  It is frustrating that we will not be able to see The Eagles try and defend their South Region crown.  We need to move to a field of 64 as soon as possible as this format is absolutely ridiculous. 
I think that the number that "did Emory in" is the loss to WUSTL.

Emory went 1-1 vs the Bears;  CSU-East Bay traveled to St Louis two weeks ago and swept the DH.

Give Emory one more win and one less loss, and I think that that neutralizes any factors in favor of CSU-East Bay, whom I thought got the 6th Pool B. :)

Cutter

that's probably all they'll need...he's that good,

seriously?....hopkins isn't exactly bringing down an offense that is comparable to York, or Averett, or Hampden Sydney or some other poor school he beat up on this year...

vabaseball

Cutter,

Moreland has had an excellent career.  Narch isn't even a CNU fan....

He also quieted NCWC (twice), Methodist and Greensboro this year. 

I'm sure Hopkins pitching beat up on some less than stellar teams also. 

Everyone knows Hopkins has some formidable offense. 

narch

Quote from: Cutter on May 13, 2008, 08:30:08 AMseriously?....hopkins isn't exactly bringing down an offense that is comparable to York, or Averett, or Hampden Sydney or some other poor school he beat up on this year...
forgive me if i'm not overly impressed with jhu's offensive output against washington college, mcdaniel, swat, muhlenburg, gettysburg, villa julie, dickinson, f&m, springfield, pitt-bradford and the likes...i could be dead wrong about moreland getting the best of the blue jays, but it's not as though the kid hasn't faced his fair share of quality teams in the usasac - his non conference starts included just 2 starts against teams with losing records (hsc at 17-25 and york at 14-27) - his lone no-decision of the season was against a tournament team, and he struck out 12 in 8 innings before turning it over to the bullpen in that game - he beat a d2 team that had a winning record - in all, 8 of his 12 wins (and 9 of his 13 starts) came against teams with winning records and he beat two teams that were at some point regionally ranked...i'm not sure i'd call that beating up on "poor" teams

his season line goes like this:
12-0, 1.70 era, 100.2 ip, 111 k, .192 opp ba

cutter

I get that the centennial conference isn't very strong, and fully respect CNU and Moreland for what he/they have accomplished.  I only felt that saying all they needed was him was just a bit premature.  I think it will be a great matchup!

A.G.

For anyone who's interested, Piedmont has put together a nice little tournament page:
http://www.piedmontlions.com/Sports/baseball/2008/base_ncaa_central.asp?path=baseball

They also include a link to a webcast that is not included on the D3baseball.com site:
QuoteListen To Live Webcasts - Courtesy of PC's Student Radio Station WRFP
Piedmont College baseball fans will be able to listen to live webcasts of each of PC's game in the South Regional.  The games will be webcast by Dr. Dale VanCanfort, Associate Professor of Mass Communications, through PC's student-run radio station WRFP.  Fans can listen to live play-by-play by clicking on the "LISTEN LIVE" button at http://www.piedmont.edu/wrfp

The "LISTEN LIVE" link is compatible with Windows Media Player, REAL player, Yahoo, and several others.

Rikki_Tikki_Tavi

Looks like all of CNU's games will be video streamed live on the web.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ncaasouthregionbase

A.G.

Sweet.  That's good stuff.  Hopefully they'll have livestats for the all the games going.

feelthesting10

Mr. Taylor,

Are you going to be there the entire tournament? I couldn't imagine a Hornet baseball game or tournament without you there?

Rikki_Tikki_Tavi

A.G.

After a rough first two innings, Moreland has settled down and held JHU in check.  CNU scores 4 in the 7th to tie the game at 5. Now in the 8th, JHU has brought Steppe into the game.

A.G.

Free baseball here in Danville as score still tied at 5. Moreland has gone the distance for CNU.

A.G.

CNU goes ahead 6 to 5, with runners still on the corners and 1 out in the 10th.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: A.G. on May 14, 2008, 05:40:54 PM
CNU goes ahead 6 to 5, with runners still on the corners and 1 out in the 10th.
Long delay here.  Wiegand relieves Steffee
Matt McDaniel is scheduled to bat.  He just needs to get it out of the infield.

Well, Cole scores on a wild pitch by Wiegand, Neal goes to second and then steals third.  McDaniel whiffs.  two outs, with Neal on third. CNU 7-5.

Medina triples to CF and scores Neal!  CNU 8-5.
Giarizzi flies to CF for out #3.  CNU leads 8-5.  Kevin Morleand to relieve Ken Moreland.

A.G.

Kevin Moreland in to close. CNU up 8 to 5.