BB: ASC: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, December 29, 2005, 12:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spence

Quote from: HAMBONE on March 11, 2008, 01:36:18 PM

Copeland certainly seemed like he had things in control until the 7th. Maybe stayed with him a little too long considering how little he's thrown.
[/quote]

I agree with that Spence.  Copeland should get the win for giving Marietta a victory.  2 things, HSU is coming off a tough series to MCM, and the sloppy/freezing weather in abilene cannot be helping anyone perform at the highest potential.
[/quote]

I don't know about that...Copeland didn't throw bad...I think they just left him in a little too long.

HAMBONE

i have a message in my in box and i cant reply to it, it says i dont have permission...do i have to graduate from the junior varsity or donate money to the McMurry Booster club before i am granted access to this?  Any helpful info would be great.  thanks

historymajor

Today's Trinity-TLU game was moved to Trinity due to field conditions in Seguin....  check TU's baseball site for audio/video links

The_CRU_05

I dont think anyone follows TLU anymore after their loss to the Little Giants last week.

HAMBONE

Quote from: The_CRU_05 on March 11, 2008, 06:48:25 PM
I dont think anyone follows TLU anymore after their loss to the Little Giants last week.

Hahahahahahaha......I thought I was the only guy that thought that was funny too.  Ive been told Wabash has a respectable program....its just sounds a pee-wee football team, thats all.  you go get em The_CRU_05 ... you go get em!

Just_Some_Guy

UT Tyler 12 - Marietta 9

I know UT Tyler takes on one of the weaker ASC teams in ETBU this year, but I really disagree with starting Booher, throwing Holland, etc. in these midweek games. They can claim that it's a mid-week bullpen that he would've throw in intrasquad, etc. but those guys pitched quite a few innings this weekend and will be expected to throw 7+ again this weekend. ( I know you disagree Spence).

Anyhow Zeigler pitched 3 innings of 1 hit ball and Tyler scored 7 in the bottom of the 6th to get within one run and then took the lead with 4 more in the bottom of the 8th for the win. Joe Pitrone was the losing pitcher for Marietta.

Merryman was 3-5 w/ 3 runs and 1 RBI for Marietta.

Harding was 2-5 w/ a HR, 2 runs and 6 RBIs.
Towns was 2-5, w/ a HR, 1 run and 3 RBIs.

JSG

Just_Some_Guy

McMurry defeated Southwestern 17-7

McMurry's Aaron Wood threw 7 innings, gave up 6 hits, and 1 ER.
(I think he's a lot more viable number 4-5 than Smith - I still contend that McMurry is the only ASC West team with a legitimately deep pitching staff).

Southwestern's Freeman & Wooten combined for 5.1 and gave up 15 ER for Southwestern.

McMurry:
Derek David was 2-3 w/ a HR, 4 runs, 1 RBI
Brent Vorhees was 3-4, 4 runs, 2 RBI
Stephen Derrick was 3-6, 1 run, 3 RBI

(I guess Franco might be hurt as this is the 2nd consecutive game he hasn't played.)

In other news, Hardin Simmons leads UT Tyler 7-3 in the top of the 7th.

JSG

Just_Some_Guy

Quote from: Just_Some_Guy on March 11, 2008, 08:10:29 PM

In other news, Hardin Simmons leads UT Tyler 7-3 in the top of the 7th.

Just during the time it took me to write that last post UT Tyler took an 8-7 lead courtesy of a grand slam from Chad Deleidan. I guess good teams find a way to win games like this eh?

JSG

HAMBONE

are their live stats for these games?  ive looked but didnt see a link.

Just_Some_Guy

Quote from: HAMBONE on March 11, 2008, 08:25:03 PM
are their live stats for these games?  ive looked but didnt see a link.

You can find the gametracker for the Hardin Simmons vs. UT Tyler game here (It's just to the right of their schedule):
http://hsuathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/sched/hsim-m-basebl-sched.html

Here's the livestats link for the TU vs. TLU game.

http://www.trinity.edu/departments/athletics/Baseball/livestats/xlive.htm

Trinity should hand it to them. They're throwing their current #1 against TLU's #4 (at best). I guess Trinity figures they'll dominate Hendrix this weekend so they might as well ensure themselves an important in-region game.

I THINK the Marietta vs. UT Dallas game can be found on the Marietta radio located on their website.

JSG

mideastfan

UT-Tyler gave up 2 runs in the 8th and lost 9-8 to Hardin Simmons. 

Couple of good games today for the Patriots, but they need to fix that defense if they want to make a run late into the season.  10 errors on the day.

They can definitely swing it, no doubt about that though!!

mideastfan

UT-Dallas vs Marietta game can be heard online (Marietta radio guys; they are fun to listen to).

http://www.wmoa1490.com/

Just_Some_Guy

Hardin Simmons 9 - UT Tyler 8

Hardin Simmons was up 7-3, but Tyler scored 5 in the top of the 7th.

Ryan Stepp & Wayne Pimpton hit back to back shots in the bottom of the 8th to regain the lead and then Josh Alcorn came on for the save.

Barton and Alcorn are phenomenal at the backend of that HSU bullpen.

Sam Walker and Nathan Copeland both walked entirely too many guys this week, but HSU has to be encouraged that both threw pretty decent against two solid teams. I think most would agree the Cowboys are hitting the ball better than most anticipated. Gage is absolutely killing it and Armstrong, Berlin and Weeks have all been significant contributers helping Stepp and Berlin.

I'm anxious to see how their series with UMHB turns out this weekend.

Since a box score probably won't be up for awhile.

HSU:
Stepp 1-3, 3 RBI
Pimpton 2-4, 1 RBI
Gage 2-4, 1 RBI
Post 2-3, 2 runs

Tyler:
Harding 2-4, 1 RBI
Towns 2-5, 2 RBI
Hood 3-5, 1 RBI
Deleidan 1-5, 4 RBI (Grandslam)

WP:
Kyle Barton 1 IP, 0 ER (yet to allow an ER in 19.2 IP this year)
Sam Walker 6 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 6 BB, 1 K

Save: Alcorn 1 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 2 Ks

LP:
Andrew Splawn 2.2 IP, 4 H, 2 ER (These were his 1st innings of the year)

JSG

Just_Some_Guy

Quote from: mideastfan on March 11, 2008, 08:49:24 PM
UT-Tyler gave up 2 runs in the 8th and lost 9-8 to Hardin Simmons. 

Couple of good games today for the Patriots, but they need to fix that defense if they want to make a run late into the season.  10 errors on the day.

They can definitely swing it, no doubt about that though!!

They only made 3 errors last weekend, and 3 the weekend prior to that (1 each game coincidentally).  I think it came down to the fact that they rely so much on their 3 weekend starters (I mean they did pitch two of them in the Marietta game) that the defense just isn't is comfortable (or don't think they can necessarily win) behind some of the guys that haven't thrown that much.  Those were Splawn's first innings of the entire year and they're 17-18 games in.

How's the Marietta vs. UT Dallas game going?

JSG

mideastfan

it's a late start and they are only in the bottom of the first...Marietta leads 2-0 and has a few runners still on with 2 outs.

http://www.wmoa1490.com/