BB: ASC: American Southwest Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, December 29, 2005, 12:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

HSU 6, CTX 2

Good game by the Cowboys towards getting themselves back into tourney contention.

dballa

HPU 19 SRSU 6.   HPU scored 9 runs in the 5th to take control of the game.

Ralph Turner

McM 7, SU 3; Curry pitches a 7-inning complete game and gives up no earned runs.

McM 10, SU 0; RHP Dakota Smith gives up 4 hits and strikes out 9 in 8.2 innings.  He loads the bases in the top of the 9th.  LHP Kyle Martin gets the ground-out to end the game.

Game reports by mcmsid should be up later.

(Thanks mcmsid.   ;)  )

TexasBB

UTT takes from UTD today 5-3 and 7-0. Brooher throws 2 hit shutout in the 9 inning nightcap striking out 10. 

Ralph Turner

1.     Mary Hardin-Baylor     9-3         21-6            at SU/   CTX/         at HPU
2.      McMurry                  8-4       18-11           at CTX/ HPU/         at SRSU
       Howard Payne            8-4        13-13           HSU/     at McM/    UMHB
4.    Concordia                 7-5         19-11           McM/     at UMHB/  SU
5.    Hardin-Simmons          5-7        14-12          at HPU/ SRSU/       at TLU
       Texas Lutheran         5-7          15-15          SRSU/    at SU/      HSU
       Schreiner                   5-7         8-20          UMHB/   TLU/         at CTX
8.    Sul Ross State            1-11       4-22          at TLU/  at HSU/    McM

I think that SRSU is almost mathematically eliminated.  HPU and CTX have the tie-breaker on SRSU. The Lobos seem to be 6.5 games out of 4th with 9 games to  play.  That being said, it is a 7-team race.

UMHB has a 1 game lead plus the season series over McMurry for the #1 seed in the West.

CUAfan

I had 18 of 21 game picks right and 4 of the 7 series. How did everyone else do?

I swear, I'm not trying to sound cocky/arrogant/etc.....I'm just posting this at 1 AM after getting off work. Sorry if that comes across badly.
Let's go 'Nados!

Ralph Turner

Quote from: CUAfan on March 30, 2008, 02:01:01 AM
I had 18 of 21 game picks right and 4 of the 7 series. How did everyone else do?

I swear, I'm not trying to sound cocky/arrogant/etc.....I'm just posting this at 1 AM after getting off work. Sorry if that comes across badly.
I just need CTX to let McMurry sweep the series, while CTX takes 2 of 3 from UMHB!  ;)

fungoman

East Standings:

1. UT Tyler               7-2
    Miss. College       7-2
    La. College          7-2
    Ozarks                 9-3
    LeTourneau         2-7
    UTD                     2-10
    ETBU                   2-10

I think ETBU and UTD are virtually out although I am sure there is some weird scenario where they could possibly get 4th.

Should be an interesting next 3 weeks with alot of games between the top 4 for seeding.

Bman3

16 out of 21 here.
did better on the east side, which i dont keep up with as much. go figure!

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Bman3 on March 31, 2008, 10:19:10 AM
16 out of 21 here.
did better on the east side, which i dont keep up with as much. go figure!
Two thoughts on that...

1)  Less emotional attachment to the outcome of games in the East.
2)  More predictable games last week.

The West is a real "crap shoot".

indian4life

Hammy is there going to be a radio brodcast on this weekends games?

Bman3

Quote from: Ralph Turner on March 29, 2008, 11:31:28 PM
1.     Mary Hardin-Baylor     9-3         21-6            at SU/   CTX/         at HPU
2.      McMurry                  8-4       18-11           at CTX/ HPU/         at SRSU
       Howard Payne            8-4        13-13           HSU/     at McM/    UMHB
4.    Concordia                 7-5         19-11           McM/     at UMHB/  SU
5.    Hardin-Simmons          5-7        14-12          at HPU/ SRSU/       at TLU
       Texas Lutheran         5-7          15-15          SRSU/    at SU/      HSU
       Schreiner                   5-7         8-20          UMHB/   TLU/         at CTX
8.    Sul Ross State            1-11       4-22          at TLU/  at HSU/    McM

It looks like the West is going to come down to the last game. I haven't followed HPU much this year, but they have put up some pretty large numbers in the runs column. Right now they are tied for 2nd, however, they have the toughest schedule down the stretch with: HSU, @McM, UMHB....with this, i dont see them making the playoffs.

I have UMHB and McM staying where they are, and CTX locking in 3rd with a series sweep over SU the last weekend of the year.

I think that the 4th and final spot goes to the winner of the final game of the year between HSU @ TLU. And as bad as TLU has played ALL YEAR, I think they find a way into the playoffs. They have the weakest schedule down the stretch...i see them sweeping SRSU, 2 from SU, and 2 from HSU. With their past... it is always hard for me to count those guys out.

fungoman

I don't know if I like Concordia losing, because nothing gets said on here the week after they get showed up.  Where you at Hambone?