FB: Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudub

Am i the only one who is tired of reading about the BU coaching situation, and all of the stupid name calling involved in the argument?  Honestly, if your going to argue about it, can you at least use facts, or somehow try to support your arguments?  Its getting old.

(this is not intended to every poster on the situation, but is also not only aimed at AYK)
"Winning the IBFC championship is comparable to being the worlds tallest midget"

old 40

Fartcus and Baseman;

I just could not remember who made the guarantee. Sorry for getting the name wrong. 7400 was the guilty party. Good Luck to your Cougars. They will beat Eureka but be surprised that Eureka will move the ball some between the 20's. Last week they had more time of possesion than CUW.

cudub;

I am with you. I refuse to respond to that poster. Let's discuss football and the IBFC in a positive way, somtimes kidding each other with no disrespect. I think it's best that some posters talk to themselves.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PM
Let's discuss football and the IBFC in a positive way, somtimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

That should be the motto.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Are you Kidding

Quote from: FatalImpact on September 25, 2007, 12:56:37 AM
I know MY statements are factual.....I played in this conference and watch it on a weekly basis.....You have said you don't look at or more or less care about IBFC football, you have no factual basis and you spout your opinion and say its fact, You know I'm right and I'm inclined to agree that this is most likely Fat Pongo.....Welcome back

Just because I do not follow the conference on a weekly basis as you do does not mean I am not aware of the coaching situation at Benedictine, and how it has been for the past two years.

I've posted facts. If you can't handle them, then I'm sorry. Cooper should be gone.

Quote from: TBaggins on September 25, 2007, 04:14:53 AM

Yes Pongo, indeed there are many posters that have a similar opinion of you...the opinion that you are a pathetic douchebag who loves attention on message boards because he can't get through normal human contact.

And further, I think I finally get it. You have an "unnatural" love for Jon Cooper that you just can't seem reconcile. You try to supress that love as much as you can, and hide it by making these posting, but you still can't shake it. It keeps you up at night. It's ok Pongo, you can come out of the closet, nobody will make fun of you.

Your responses are pathetic. I really have no response to them. Your attempt at humor is beyond sad. Also, it leads me to believe that you are a homosexual when you have to use the "come out of the closet" line. Are we displacing again?  Cry?

Quote from: bufan on September 25, 2007, 11:49:09 AM
Wow, some tension on here.  I do not know who AYKM is but again, having played under all 3 coaches I would say cooper prepares very hard.  If you have looked at the numbers the defense isnt bad, they are on the field alot, resulting in the lopsided stats.  Not saying it shouldnt be better, but the offesne is abysmal.  Maybe action in that area is required, not necessarily the head coach.  FYI, there are only 6 players that played for Murray, Mitchell, and Cooper.  So AYKM is not one of them.

However, a couple years ago, BU did beat CUC with only like 34 players dressed.  That is not to rub anything in but we always said to ourselves as players, what if we had 100 guys on the team, we would be pretty decent.  Well i think we saw the result of that last saturday.  Big numbers does not necessarily translate into wins.

It does appear CUC will go 3-0 t start conference.  They looked pretty good and the QB weeks did not even play due to injury.  I think they can beat EC and mac which would be substancial progress.  They do look different then past CUC team i will admit.

Looking at the stats, the defense isn't bad?

30 ppg
Over 1200 yards.

That's bad, especially considering NCC and Elmhurst both let up on BU and didn't have all of their starters in toward the end of the game. Add the fact that one of the games was against North Park, and yes, the defense is bad.

Also, what action is required would you say? You say the head coach should not be fired, then what should happen?

"They look different than past Curf teams." Come on. How many more excuses can you give the team? It's come to the point where you guys are trying to hard to cover Cooper's ass that you're failing to realize one thing: The IBC is terrible. How much credit can possibly be given to other teams?  

Quote from: WhatDoIKnow on September 25, 2007, 07:12:07 PM
AYKM,

It appears you know it all and thus I would like to know who are your top candidates to replace Jon Cooper and how you would turn the program around.

But before we get to read another disertation, please keep in mind the following:

When Jeff Hand arrived at BU in 98 and became the HC for the 99 and 00 seasons, BU had not posted back to back winning seasons since 88 and 89.  When Hand put the program in a tough situation by leaving in the summer of 01, BU out of necessity turned to Murray and his dismal track record at Dubuque.  Murray left the program after the 02 season to sell supplements and BU turned to Mitchell and his poor track records at St Joseph HS (13-23) and NC (8-12 as an asst & RECRUITING COORDINATOR).  Mitchell was fired following the 04 season when it was obvious the program had taken another step back with their record, talent and numbers.

Since such time, BU hired Jon Cooper based on his track record as a DC at AU and built an athletic facility, which Augie, Wheaton, Elmhurst, IWU, Carthage, CUW, Chicago, North Park, CUC, etc., has or built as well.  Cooper made progress in his first two seasons despite truly having only on recruiting class (his sophomores).  I can understand your frustation with the 07 season (2 blowouts and a loss to CUC).  I don't understand how anyone can expect to have a successful year record wise when you turn to young players to make-up most of your team.

The only change I would make would be at the OC position.  Like BUs previous HCs, how can you expect a coach with a dismal track record as a HC/Coordinator to lead a group of young players and help BU take the next step.  I am not asking BUs offense to score 50 pts a game, but they do need to sustain drives rather than going 3 and out.  3 and outs only lead to short fields for the opposition and puts your defense on the field for a majority of the game.  The OC needs to come up with a game plan to utilize the talent they have to put together a ball control offense, which will give them the opportunity to sustain drives, score points, win the battle of field position and keep the defense of the field and give them a chance to be successful.  

I believe the last two years, BU has done such with the offense, which allowed them to make progress.  I would give Cooper 2 more years to allow his Freshmen and Sophomores to become Juniors and Seniors before making a change if they can't make further progress.  BU without the tradition obviously, is in a similar situation as its D1 brother in South Bend:  multiple coaches with average or poor track records in multiple years leads to a lack of upper classman, which equates to poor records.  Making a change now only sets both programs back further.

Who are my top candidates? I don't know. My job isn't to hire coaches. But at this point in time, why not give Swanson the reigns? See how it goes. He hasn't coached football in a while, but he's a great football mind. He was an All-American DB and coached at Benedictine for a good amount of time. He couldn't do a worse job than Cooper. He can gut the football staff just as Cooper did when he came in three years ago. Swanson has a ton of connections and could assemble a staff in no time. I could probably tell you right now who he would hire as his O and D coordinators and at least two position coaches. And don't say Swanson wouldn't do it, if Benedictine threw some money at him, he would do it.

Also, don't blame this on Hand. That was what? 6? 7 years ago?

Yes, Murray was hired out of desperation. But, don't mix up the order on Murray's departure to sell supplements. Murray was fired, then he went to sell Supplements. He did not leave on his own. Former AD Lynn Olynski gave him the boot.

The Mitchell hire was out of desperation, but mostly laziness. Benedictine higher ups were not going to do the coach searching process. They went internally because they had "better" things to do.

BU hired Cooper out of desperation because they fired Mitchell...and needed a coach quick. When Aurora decided Cooper was not good enough to be the head coach of their program (after devoting almost 20 years to them), Benedictine figured why not?

Don't give me the "they hired him based on his track record" line. Murray went 63-30 as the D-Coordinator of IWU in a top tier conference, which is far more impressive than anything Cooper has accomplished.

So you're going to pin this on the OC? Guess who hired him? Cooper did. Remember, Cooper gutted the staff to bring in his guys? If Cooper can't take the fall, at what point does he take the blame for poor performance? If his coaches are doing a bad job, then he is doing a bad job of leading. If his players are doing a bad job, then he is doing a bad job of coaching OR recruiting (or both). At some point, Cooper needs to have responsibility.

I can't listen to anymore excuses being made for Cooper.

He made his own coaching staff. He has one of the best Division III football stadiums in the nation (which does half of the recruiting on it's own). He is in arguably the worst conference in DIII football. You can be a pathetic team in this conference and still finish 5th, and even 4th sometimes.

What more do you want as a coach?

Cougswillwin

AYK,

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

CUC Football Rules!!!
"And when the roosters are crowing and the cows are spinnin circles in the pastures........DUCKS FLY TOGETHER!"

FatalImpact

All he does is spout his opinion about what everyone else said, at no point does he offer facts, I played for Coop so I know how it was, He has no idea.......Get your story straight Pongo, and go away......CougsWillWin, you're exactly right
Aurora Football 24/7 365

pg04

I don't think any of this displacement of Sexual Orientation cracks back and forth has any place on a football board. 

Also, this whole argument is a waste of board space.  I think Are You Kidding has had enough chances already .  Hopefully at some point he just leaves or gets axed from the board.

Enough is enough. 

NCAA Football

Quote from: catch22 on September 25, 2007, 03:14:39 PM
Tell me this is not true!  I heard mac does not have an trainer, and coaches are taping ankles.  You guys deserve better treatment than that.  Good luck with the rest of your season.
'
no we dont have a full time trainer, but the student trainers are the ones taping the ankles, along with some coaches.  there is a trainer that comes from the passavant rehab center pretty much every night after practice.  thats really about it.
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other!

Fartcus Smellwood

Quote from: Cougswillwin on September 25, 2007, 10:21:22 PM
AYK,

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

CUC Football Rules!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Great minds think alike because I was thinking about posting the Billy Madison quote up as well...just didn't know which idiotic post to mark it after. Good choice Cougswillwin. And yes....

CUC Football does rule
coming from another believer ;D
But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, his greatest fulfillment of all he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.
Vince Lombardi

Pat Coleman

Quote from: pg04 on September 25, 2007, 10:48:34 PM
I don't think any of this displacement of Sexual Orientation cracks back and forth has any place on a football board. 

Actually, that's usually a bannable offense. Or at least a suspendable one.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

TBaggins

Quote from: Are you Kidding on September 25, 2007, 09:29:33 PM

Your responses are pathetic. I really have no response to them. Your attempt at humor is beyond sad. Also, it leads me to believe that you are a homosexual when you have to use the "come out of the closet" line. Are we displacing again?  Cry?

I believe you mean "projection"

Gomer Pyle

D-3      Around the Region, Midwest:
    The Cougars get some recognition for their early exploits in the IBC.
    If your a "Believer" and there are many, enjoy the ride.
    Playing Eureka and the Mac freshmen will pad the stats but the true test comes when the Cougars play...Con,W....Aurora....The Baby Cheese Heads and Greenville. 
    Up to this point the Cougars are 2-2 over-all and should (better) win
    the  next (2) in order to go into the teeth of their schedule with the 
     momentum  winning brings.   
   IMO, The Cougars run for the Championship (possible but not probable) really starts or....... starts to un-ravel on Oct 13th when they get Con,W at their house . 
    Home field, home crowd, all that excitement......big, big game for the
    Cougars.   
   But remember they first have to beat a weak Eureka team and then a
    really bad MacMurray squad. 
   The 2 teams mentioned above have a combined record (over-all) of 0-6 and have been out-scored by the tune of 289-34.  So I think my words , weak and really bad are well founded.   Goes to S-O-S as well.
     Good luck to the Cougars and the "Believers."   :)

baseman201

Gomer......that was Beautiful man...... :'(

Anyhow, how about some predictions:

CUW Vs. MAC:
Ugly....

CUW - 65
MAC - 10

Greenville Vs. Aurora:
I HAVE NO IDEA, 50/50 very confused on this game.....but

Greenville - 21
Aurora - 14

CUC Vs. Eureka:
Billy bob and "The Slant" won't stop the Cougars this week, it's about time they just freaking blew someone out of the water for a change, get pumped!!!  Will be worse then last years thrashing.

CUC - 55
Eureka - 7
(Copeland rushes for just about 200 yards and a few scores)

Lakeland Vs. BU:
Not looking good for BU this year, Lakeland rolls.

Lakeland - 35
BU - 3

Anyone else?

TruCountry95

We'll it sucks GC lost to Lakeland. Did not see that coming, just expected GC get over the hump this year.  Hopefully GC can turn it around this Saturday and earn a big win.  It will be a close game just like last year.  I think GC probably has the better offense but AU may have the better defense.  I'm going to go with GC winning 17-14.   

Predictions.........

Lakeland vs BU:   Lakeland wins 42-13

MAC vs CUW: CUW wins 48-7

CUC vs Eureka:  CUC wins 35-14

Greenville @ AU:  GC wins 17-14

old 40

TruCountry95;

GC will bounce back this week. They will have a shot at beating CUW. That will be a good game. If they beat AU then look out they could run the remaining games. Having CUW late and in Greenville is an advantage. Good Luck this week.

9-29-07 Predictions;

CUW@Mac, CUW 76-0, Long trip to J'ville but CUW to athletic. Lots of JV action for the Falcons.

GC@AU, GC 27-7, GC bounces back, AU's offense has to control the ball to keep it close. If the AU defense cannot contain the GC QB then they can't win.

CUC@ EU, CUC 31-7, CUC runs and passes all over the field, CUC scores on big plays. EU will run the ball and don't be surprised if they have more possession time.

Lakeland@BU, Lakeland 21-7, Last of 4 straight road games, BU will keep it close early. Big question for BU, can they move the ball and score? Lakeland must cut down on penalities and red zone turnovers.