FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boobyhasgameyo

Chum,

That's true, what he did was a good thing.  No arguing that.  There is just something shady about the guy though lol, I just can't place it yet. 

bman

JT

Sorry for the late response...I will be at the game on Sat...I will only be there for a couple of hours, since my wife has to go to a funeral, and I have to bring my son (who is 3, and won't last...)  I won't be at any of the other events...

Tell your dad to look for me at the alumni tent, I will be wearing a Nebraska hat (So people can find me)...I would like to say hello...and maybe he will tell me some sociall crippling stories from your youth I can use against you on the NJAC board ;D

also...I will meet you guys...you,  Xgsc etc...at one of your play-off games this year...

Chum Slam

"Worrilow, get away from me before I choke you"  -Sama-

bman

He reminds me of Roger Podactor(sp?) of Ace Ventura Pet Detective (1)...but he did have the b*lls of a bandit to throw that pass on the 1....

JT

bman,

When he calls in.  I'll let him know to look you up.

boobyhasgameyo

bman

Holy crap he does look like Roger Podactor, good call! 

JT

bman,

Heard from my Dad.  He will be wearing a PMC 65 hat, I told him you'd have a Nebraska hat on.

WUDLINE

It is nice to hear from about all of the Alumni that will be heading back to WU. Hopefully they willprovide a good showing.

Chum - please try to represent the WU alumni better. Your comments are a bit harsh.
Del Val is a very good undefeated team that was in the playoffs the previous season. I have seen them plat twice this year. There Def. excellent and the QB is a winner. They deserve to be ranked exactly where they are until somebody proves otherwise on the field.
As for lycoming, it seems everyone is lining up to kick them why they are down. I guess that comes with the territory of being on top. I only hope everyone remembers that they have represented this conference extremely well for many years. We may have hated them as opponents and had many wonderful battles over the years. Those of us that truely know the game also have alot of respect for them. Lycoming is a great program that has been built on the sweat of many talanted players. The tradition of that program should not be questioned or disrespected.

PBR...

here here well said wudline your entire post was spot on!!

maAggie5

bobbyhas: Like him or not he's winning and as Chum stated that was a class move calling that play for the little boy. I think in the short time he's been there he's moving ND in the right direction and all my post said was that for the past few years people have been blaming admissions for the football program's lack of success. The bottom line is that this guy is winning with the same admission's standards, so to state that certain MAC teams can't recruit on an equal footing(which to me smacks of something entirely different)is merely an excuse for a program's lack of success.

The bottom line is that some of the programs that are being singled out as "academic bottom feeders" haven't changed their standards of admissions and are now winning - they were perennial losers with the same recruiting criteria - so I think that theory lacks any substance.

bman

JT will look for him...

MAaggie....he still looks like Roger Podactor though :)

Chum Slam

What comments did you find harsh? I definatey have a right to be harsh, 3 rings.  ;D

WUDLINE

Chum-
I feel that you need to show a little restraint in your comments toward Del Val and Lyco. Your comments about your dislike for Lyco are a bit overboard. I think you also need to show a little more respect for Del Val and what they have been able to accomplish. I wonder if you have seen them play this year? I have seen them play twice and feel that they deserve the ranking that they have earned until someone proves otherwise. Please do not fall into the trap of other young alumni and allow personal feelings to cloud your judgement. Rings do not give you the right to state that you wish an entire town burns to the ground. Furthermore, many WU alum also have rings of their own.

Chum Slam

Not very long ago I played against the number 1,3,5,6,7,12th ranked teams in the country. Del Val is not on that level yet, very good, but not quite there.

As far as my dislike for Lycoming, it will continue, and i stick by my previous statements. They are our bitter rivals, all games are fought tooth and nail. I respect them yet hate them. Maybe there is a new mindset at Widener not to hate Lyco, but when we played there we were taught to hate them, and we did, and always will. We practied extra during Lyco Week.

Yes many alumni do have rings, not 3 though. I have earned the right to say whatever I want about the MAC, and I will continue to do so. However I will respect your wishes and tell you when to stop reading my post due to Lyco Bashing.

WWWWWWUUUUUUUUUUU

MOJO

Maggie,
Enough!  As a LYCO grad, I normally don't call people stupid because I have better manners, you might consider doing the same.  I have read your posts and with few exceptions, you speak of things with which you have limited to nil knowledge.  I do believe that coaching is important and I do agree with your Notre Dame example.  However with that being said, if one school allows marginal students into their program, and competing schools do not, thats a distinct recruiting advantage and results in more wins on a Saturday afternoon.  GA is a good coach, however there are at least a handful of coaches in the MAC, that could achieve the same results, if they had the same talent level on their squad.  I'm not saying that football players are academic nonachievers (NOTE MAGGIE I DIDN'T SAY STUPID), most aren't.  What I am saying is that a school that can go after both good and bad student athletes, have a distinct advantage over schools that recruit only good student athletes.  It's a numbers game, and yes individual school admissions and financial aid departments have more of an impact of program success than coaching.