FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyco80

WARRIORS WIN!   Smith scores a TD in OT to put Lycoming on top.  I only wish I had been there.  Bring on LVC.

All the best.

gordonmann

Wow, outstanding win for Lycoming today.

It's a nice win for the whole conference, too, as a testament to the MAC's strength in the region.

MOJO

Maggie,
Believe what you want.  Your assertions about my agenda are incorrect, but then what else is new.  If you want to believe, GA is the "Messiah of the MAC", go ahead, I don't.  As stated in the past, I believe GA is a good coach, however I don't feel he is any better than some of the other premier coaches in the MAC. ie:LYCO'S Coach G.  The only point I was trying to make, again please read my lips, if school A (DVC) allows some players into their program that are marginal students and school B (LVC) will not admit these type students, school A (DVC) has a definite advantage over school B (LVC) on any given Saturday afternoon.  I am in no way implying that all student athletes at DVC are not good students, what I am saying that there are some players currently on DVC's squad that would not be/ or have been accepted at LVC.  This statement is not heresay, rumor, etc, but fact.  I am sorry you feel that I have insulted DVC's Kids, Coaches, and program.  I have not.  In closing, congratulations WARRIORS, YOU PLAYED LIKE CHAMPIONS TODAY!

Simba

Just wanted to update the board by putting 246 to the left...Good job men!...It started last week in the 3rd qtr and continued through all 4 qtrs today....."G" had you mentally prepared that it was your playoff game today...You bought in and executed....Finish the year strong one week at a time now and more important, have fun doing it!...Simba

ACMob

KUDOS TO LYCOMING!!!    For scheduling a tough out of conf. opponent and winning the game!!  NO ONE gave y'all a chance!  Congrats.

bossman05

Mojo-
well if you are correct with what u are saying about dvc.....

then why doesn't lvc changes some things so maybe they would be successful for once

i feel bad for kids that go to lvc b/c they know they never win

imagine their visit to the college....."well son you have a great academic background and are one hell of a football player....come to school here and lose for 4 years.."   or hmmm go to dvc get a education and win some football games

ACMob

Quote from: gordonmann on October 15, 2005, 05:11:52 PM
Wow, outstanding win for Lycoming today.

It's a nice win for the whole conference, too, as a testament to the MAC's strength in the region.

It's certainly a nice win for the MAC, however, the conference is 3-5 in non-league matches with the other two wins against Ursinius??!  With the Gulls and Mules left as out of conf. opponents, unless I missed a game, that might be it this season.

Question--  why so much talk of movement within the conf. and is Susquehanna certainly leaving??

jb

HEY LYCO--
WAY TO GO!!!!  What a Great Game today!!!  Way to represent the MAC!  NANANA  NANaNA  hey hey....

Jonny Utah

Quote from: bossman05 on October 15, 2005, 08:33:59 PM
Mojo-
well if you are correct with what u are saying about dvc.....

then why doesn't lvc changes some things so maybe they would be successful for once

i feel bad for kids that go to lvc b/c they know they never win

imagine their visit to the college....."well son you have a great academic background and are one hell of a football player....come to school here and lose for 4 years.."   or hmmm go to dvc get a education and win some football games

bossman, what do you think kids visit were like at DellVall before 2003?

MOJO

Bossman,
I wish LVC would loosen their academic criteria in respect to at least a few student athlete recruits.  I had two sons that played in the LVC program and although overall I think they had a positive experience, its a whole lot more fun when you are winning.  Although I feel LVC is starting to support the program more than they have had in the past, in my opinion, their academic criteria will continue to inhibit the success of their program.  I personally am not opposed to taking the path DVC has chosen.  If you are a good athlete and a good student you will get a great education and be able to succeed in life.  (Note: this statement is true for all the MAC schools)  If you are academically challenged, you will either sink or swim.  As stated in a post to Maggie, it would be interesting to see how many players go through the DVC program and graduate versus the LVC program.   Yes posters, this is a relavent issue.  Division 3 players should be students first and athletes second.  With few exceptions, in my lifetime ,have I seen a player at the division 3 level able to make it to the NFL.  The only one I can think of is "White Shoes" Johnson.  In past posts I was attempting to make the point that although GA is a good coach, there are other coaches in the MAC just as good.  I personally do not think that GA is a recruiting GURU or a superior coach because he is able to recruit kids that other coaches can't touch because of their respective school's admission policies.  By speaking the truth, Maggie has made statements concerning keeping my pie hole shut and also my status as a man.  The lack of class exhibited by this individual amazes me.  Maggie again reaffirms my belief that the older I become, and the more people I meet, the more I like my dog.

Pat Coleman

More Division III players in the NFL are listed in the FAQ.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

4man

Mojo, Bossman - I think we all get your points.  Any chance we can move on now?

As presented in "Around the Nation"  Mark my words or I'll eat 'em - my bad.  Chomp, chomp, chomp - that's me eating my words from a previous post that Lyco wouldn't pull out the win against Ithaca.  Great job to the Lycoming Warriors!!  You proved a lot of us wrong and in a big way.  Knocking off # 8!!!  You should all be very proud of that accomplishment.  Outstanding!!!  I wish I would have been there to see that one.

I was at the DVC / Albright game....too close for comfort, but DVC pulled out the win.  Go Aggies!!

Billman56

4Man....Amen!!!  MOJO, Bossman...Yes we get your point!!.This has been discussed many times over the last few weeks...We all get it ok??? Please move on..  That horse is dead please stop beating him.

Simba, Lyco...GREAT WIN...KEEP IT GOING NOW!

GO AGGIES!!!

Simba

Lycoming quarterback Glenn Smith scores the winning touchdown on a nine-yard scamper on the Warriors' first overtime possession after the defense had previously forced Ithaca to settle for a field goal during its overtime drive.  The overtime win marks only the second time the Warriors have won a game in an extra period with its other victory coming against East Texas Baptist in the 2003 NCAA playoffs....Lyco website....

bman

Simba and the Lyco crew

Congrats on a great win yesterday...way to represent the conference!