MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titan Q

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on March 16, 2014, 12:34:52 PM
We will do our best to make it a competitive game.

You can't just swoop in here and Lou Holtz us, old friend!  It's only Sunday - save that stuff for Wednesday or Thursday.

badgerwarhawk

"Just think twice is my only advice."

bleedpurple

Quote from: The Roop on March 16, 2014, 01:43:11 AM
Whitewater is a top ten team. Not a final four team. They're there because Point was an upset victim. If you are attending the game make sure that the officials know that Hearn flops every chance he gets and should foul out in 8 minutes but he always seems to get the "no call".

Hmm...thought they were. Guess no reason to watch then.

bleedpurple

Quote from: The Roop on March 16, 2014, 11:02:20 AM
I would recommend a box and 1 defense against UWW. Sure you give up more 3 point attempts but it allows you cut off the baseline and trap when the guards penetrate. Run as much clock you can too so their speed doesn't wear you out. Beloit hung with them and actually led for a while then the speed took over and they ran out of gas and the game got out of hand.

As BW notes, Beloit never led after less than 3 minutes into the game. UW-W led by 16 at half and won by 31. And the game was played over 3 months ago.  What kind of point are you even trying to make?

Titan Q

I'm locked in for the trip.  DFW to Charlotte to ROA.

No better place to be in March than Salem, Virginia!

jaybird44

Congratulations to the Titans, Whitewater, Amherst, and Williams for reaching the Final Four!  I will be rooting for the Titans first and foremost, but it should be a memorable weekend of hoops watching in Salem.

Was hoping that Wash-U would get there...but there is always next season, eh?

Titan Q

Quote from: jaybird44 on March 16, 2014, 05:02:48 PM
Congratulations to the Titans, Whitewater, Amherst, and Williams for reaching the Final Four!  I will be rooting for the Titans first and foremost, but it should be a memorable weekend of hoops watching in Salem.

Was hoping that Wash-U would get there...but there is always next season, eh?

Thank you, jaybird.

Is Chris Klimek returning next year?  I know he has a year of eligibility left if he wants it.

D-3 watcher

D3 Hoops pre-season top 25
1- Amherst
2-IWU
3- Williams
13- Whitewater
Great work boys, only Point let you down, who ya got now??

Gregory Sager

Quote from: bleedpurple on March 16, 2014, 04:29:04 PM
I would recommend a box and 1 defense against UWW. Sure you give up more 3 point attempts but it allows you cut off the baseline and trap when the guards penetrate. Run as much clock you can too so their speed doesn't wear you out. Beloit hung with them and actually led for a while then the speed took over and they ran out of gas and the game got out of hand.

As BW notes, Beloit never led after less than 3 minutes into the game. UW-W led by 16 at half and won by 31. And the game was played over 3 months ago.  What kind of point are you even trying to make?

The Roop doesn't make points. The Roop is The Roop. And that's his charm. ;)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

bleedpurple

Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 16, 2014, 05:16:20 PM
Quote from: bleedpurple on March 16, 2014, 04:29:04 PM

Thanks for letting me know right off the bat.  I'll just let him be. He obviously does it very well.  ;)

Titan Q

Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 15, 2014, 08:14:42 PM
Wheaton could bring in multiple high-value big men for next season, if everything breaks Mike Schauer's way in the recruiting wars.

I'm assuming Wheaton is getting 6-8 F Max Rothschild (U. of Chicago Lab H.S.).  Or maybe it's more appropriate to do it this way...

- "Mad" Max Rothschild
- Max "David Lee" Rothschild
- Max Roths "sweet" child of mine

I have no idea where this kid is on his college choice, but just been assuming all along he's going to play for the Thunder.  Is this one of the names you are thinking of, Greg?

http://chicagohoops.hoops247.com/index.php/2011-08-04-18-06-26/787-rothschild-talks-game-recruiting

http://www.chicagohoops.hoops247.com/index.php/2011-08-04-18-06-26/2014-rothschild

http://www.chicagohoops.hoops247.com/index.php/2011-08-04-18-06-26/2804-unsigned-max-rothschild-talks-season

Gregory Sager

Yep. From what I've heard, it's either Wheaton or a D1 for Rothschild.

(I'm still a little intrigued as to how a kid with that particular surname would end up as a prospective Wheaton student, but I'm sure that there's a good story behind it.)

The other big kid who has been getting D1 looks but who is nevertheless a strong possibility to end up at Wheaton is 6'8 forward Gordon Behr from Wheaton Academy.

Wheaton has already lost out on 6'6 forward Ben Carlson from Fremd, who signed with Indiana Wesleyan this winter.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

The Roop

Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 16, 2014, 05:16:20 PM

You are correct Mr. Sager but I also make up theories that comes true lots of time. ;)
Ist Ihre Tochter achtzehn bitte

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Tonight on Hoopsville we will recap the sectional weekend of basketball action and start previewing the championship weekend in Salem, Vir. and Stevens Point, Wis. Here are the guests you will hear from tonight:

- Williams head coach Mike Maker and senior center Mike Mayer
- Illinois Wesleyan head coach Ron Rose
- UW-Whitewater siblings Alex and Mary Merg
- Tufts senior forward Liz Moynihan

Pat Coleman will also join us to talk about what he saw this weekend and the tournament so far and we will announce the All-Region teams!

Show starts at 7 PM ET and will run until about 9:00 tonight.

You can tune in here: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2013-14/mar16

Don't forget you can ask us or our guests questions via social media:
- Twitter (@d3hoopsville and #Hoopsville)
- Facebook (www.facebook.com/Hoopsville)
- Email (hoopsville@d3hoops.com)

Thanks and enjoy the show!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

izzy stradlin

Quote from: Titan Q on March 16, 2014, 05:29:26 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on March 15, 2014, 08:14:42 PM
Wheaton could bring in multiple high-value big men for next season, if everything breaks Mike Schauer's way in the recruiting wars.

I'm assuming Wheaton is getting 6-8 F Max Rothschild (U. of Chicago Lab H.S.).  Or maybe it's more appropriate to do it this way...

- "Mad" Max Rothschild
- Max "David Lee" Rothschild
- Max Roths "sweet" child of mine

I like the third one!