FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffMan and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

MUC57

I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Texas Ole on June 26, 2020, 06:10:34 PM
Quote from: art76 on June 26, 2020, 01:28:08 PM
Wow.

https://www.d3football.com/notables/2020/06/umhb-appeal-denied-must-vacate-title

I guess the NCAA can punish one Baptist school in Texas.  They seem to be forgetting about another one!

It's Division III member schools who handle infractions for Division III member schools, and Division I member schools who handle infractions for Division I member schools. Neither of them is the suits in Indianapolis, to be honest.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

57Johnnie

The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

BDB

57Johnnie

OzJohnnie

The Hawks play later today.  There are two emerging trends in football's restart that may show themselves in the American professional leagues as well:

1. Fitness is no good.  Players have been almost running out games this weekend so maybe next week they will be back to near normal game fitness (although we are playing 25% shorter quarters, so normal fitness for 25% less time).  This is leading to wild swings in performance from week to week as backing up a big run is difficult.  Recovery is more important than ever this year.

2. Hubs are a huge advantage to the more local teams.  We've got a hub up in Queensland.  Six teams (from the three most restrictive states) are up in Queensland essentially doing a round-robin these first five rounds back and the local squads of massively over performing while only one traveling squad has put together any worthwhile games.  Melbourne and Sydney are flying back and forth with the 12 squads from those two locations so hub doesn't really affect those teams.
[  

MUC57

57Johnnie

"Leinie Lodge" ❓

I've got to get off of this board. You guys have too much inside info!
Of course, I am old and I live in a closet.
(And I really like this board. The OAC board is almost non-existent.)
OK! Maybe I'll stick around for awhile. I appreciate your support. 🍻

Midwest57  ;D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

57Johnnie

Quote from: MUC57 on June 27, 2020, 08:14:02 PM
57Johnnie

"Leinie Lodge" ❓

Midwest57  ;D
MW57
Leinie Lodge is the hospitality house for Leinenkugel  Beer founded in Chippewa Falls, WI in 1867 which is also birthplace of this 57.
:)

OzJohnnie

Quote from: 57Johnnie on June 27, 2020, 09:17:06 PM
57Johnnie

"Leinie Lodge" ❓

Midwest57  ;D
MW57
Leinie Lodge is the hospitality house for Leinenkugel  Beer founded in Chippewa Falls, WI in 1867 which is also birthplace of this 57.

Born in a beer hall.  Who would have guessed?  ;D :o
[  

57Johnnie

Quote from: OzJohnnie on June 27, 2020, 09:20:53 PM
Quote from: 57Johnnie on June 27, 2020, 09:17:06 PM
57Johnnie

"Leinie Lodge" ❓

Midwest57  ;D
MW57

Born in a beer hall.  Who would have guessed?  ;D :o
...... and weaned on the original. Of course, back then, they didn't have that namby pamby summer shandy.  :D

faunch

"I'm a uniter...not a divider."

OzJohnnie

More interesting sports news, this time from the Bundesliga in Germany.  Away teams are possibly reaping a huge reward of no home fans.  In the 82 games before COVID restrictions took fans out the stands, the home team won 35 matches (43%), the away team won 29 (35%) and 18 (22%) were drawn.  In the first 82 post restriction matches, however, the home team won 26 (32%), the away team won 38 (46%) and there again 18 draws.  Scheduling and weak/strong side matchups could account for that swing, I don't know those details, but it certainly is something to look at in terms of what happens to a home side when the fans leave the stands.
[