MBB: City University of New York Athletic Conference

Started by dave brown, September 23, 2004, 11:46:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mailsy

Their SOS hurt them. They were to far down in RR and needed to win conference tournament to get in.
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Mr.Know Most Of It on February 26, 2018, 02:38:51 PM
How does Lehman get left out at 22-5 and 15-1 in conference? Poor out of conference schedule I'm assuming? Thought the CUNYAC was held with a higher regard.

Conference doesn't matter - it's just the numbers. Lehman has a .460 SOS number.  You will not get into the tournament as an at large with that number ever.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Mr.Know Most Of It

Just out of curiosity, what is a good number for SOS?

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Mr.Know Most Of It on February 26, 2018, 05:18:45 PM

.520 is minimum, usually, for consideration.  .535 or .540 is much better.  The best teams will be near .600.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Mr.Know Most Of It

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on February 26, 2018, 05:26:12 PM
Quote from: Mr.Know Most Of It on February 26, 2018, 05:18:45 PM

.520 is minimum, usually, for consideration.  .535 or .540 is much better.  The best teams will be near .600.

Good to know, thanks!

Mike Rejniak

​Dear D3 Faithful ;D,
     I have read many of your posts throughout the years and even met some of you in person, but for those who I haven't met, let me introduce myself: my name is Michael Rejniak and I have spent over 14 years coaching Division 3 basketball and love what our division has done and continues to do for  the sport of basketball. One of the greatest things about Division 3 basketball is the brotherhood that we all have with one another (coaches and players alike). My wish is to showcase the talents of D3 on a national stage in The Basketball Tournament (TBT).  You may have heard me speak about this on the Hoopsville Marathon with Dave McHugh of D3hoops.com (at the 6:11 mark). The TBT is a national tournament that is televised in July/August on ESPN after the NBA season is over. My goal is to put forth an all-star D3 team (current players are ineligible) and have them compete in this tournament to take on Former D1 / semi-pro's to prove that D3 deserves the same respect as other NCAA divisions. The team is mostly complete with former student-athletes from all over the country competing. Once the roster is complete we will be sure to release it through d3hoops. Former Babson College National Champion Matthew Droney '17 will also be assisting me on this journey.

How YOU can help our former elite D3 basketball players

While the end prize of this tournament is a monetary prize, being a D3-lifer, the goal is not the money (we all know that's not why we get into coaching), the goal is to bring an end to the stigma of Division 3 basketball, an awareness of how talented our student-athletes are and that we can compete (and win) against the best. We do need to raise funds for an entry fee, travel, meal and housing expenses for the athletes. In order to do this, we are conducting a crowd-funding campaign through GoFundMe to help make this a reality. These athletes need your support! Just think -- if every Division 3 school donated just $10, we will have raised over $4,000!!!! The link to the GoFundMe Page is below and please SPREAD THE WORD and email me with any questions/concerns at WeAreD3TBT@gmail.com. Thank you in advance for your support and Dave and I look forward to this "D3 Dream Team" taking the court this summer.-Mike Rejniak

Support "We Are D3" In The TBT

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The third public NCAA Division III regional rankings are out: https://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2019/02/men-regional-rankings-third

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

This is it! The regular season is over. The conference titles have been handed out and 86 teams know they will be playing next week in the NCAA Division III men's and women's Championship Tournaments!

However, 42 slots need to be filled. Which programs have best positioned themselves to selected to play for a national title?

It is the biggest show of the year. Bubble teams watch anxiously. Rivals watch wondering if their rivals will make the event. Others watch because ... this is one of the best nights of the entire season.

Tune in a special episode of Hoopsville where we will make our mock selections of who will be in and who will be left out of the DIII national tournaments. Our teams of experts will make the picks using the same criteria the national committees consider.

Plus, hear, one last time before the brackets are announced, from the national committee chairs who discuss how this year's rankings and process have worked out. And hear from some teams who have already punched their tickets to the tournaments - many for the first time in program history!

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. Sunday's special will hit the air at 6:00 p.m. ET right here: http://bit.ly/2XuWjWa (or via Facebook Live or Periscope simulcasts).

If you have questions about Division III basketball, feel free to send them and we will answer them on a the show. Email them to dave.mchugh@d3sports.com or use any of the social media options below.

Guests Schedule (order subject to change):
- John Alesi, Baruch men's coach
- Sam Atkinson, Men's National Committee Chair (Gallaudet Associate Director for Communications)
- Russ Phillips, Alfred men's coach
- Bill Curley, Emerson men's coach
- Karin Harvey, Women's National Committee Chair (Montclair State women's coach)
- Rayne Reber, Rosemont women's coach
- Lyle Jones, Bethany Lutheran women's coach

Men's Mock Selections Team:
- Ryan Scott, D3hoops.com
- Bob Quillman, IWUHoops.com
- Michael Blaine, Medaille men's coach

Women's Mock Selections Team:
- Gordon Mann, D3hoops.com
- BJ Spigelmyer, DeSales Sports Information Director
- James Wagner, CSAC Assistant Commissioner

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Time for a marathon!

Thursday, Hoopsville will be on the air for at least nine hours in the 7th Annual Hoopsville Marathon Show.

This year's show will feature coaches, administrators, and many others around Division III to give us a sense of the season to date and what is to come. There is only a month or so left in the regular season, so there is plenty to talk about.

For more information about the show and its impact, click here.

The show's guest list is below with a rough idea of when they were scheduled to appear during the live show.

The marathon is also a chance to fundraise of the show. Many fans of Hoopsville ask often how they can give to the program so we can continue doing our work into the future. In the first few years of the Marathon, the fundraising side was an important aspect. However in the last few years, we have shyed away from fundraising as we tried to find other means to financially run the program. After requests from many, we are do have a few ways fans can contribute.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch the entire Marathon show LIVE in the video player above. We will effort to turn around podcast episodes of the entire show. They will be available to the right (after the show is off the air).

Guests appear on the Hoopsville Hotline presented by BlueFrame Technology.

And don't forget to interact with the Dave and guests. You can use the social media option to the right and even email (dave.mchugh@d3sports.com) questions to the show.

When it comes to the game of basketball, we love celebrating not only the student-athletes in Division III, but also those who help carry the game forward sometimes outside of the spotlight.

Sunday on Hoopsville, we celebrate those who have made the game of basketball, especially at DIII, so great. Coaches who continue to excel in different parts of the country and programs who play for more than just themselves.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch Thursday's Marathon Show in the following ways:
- Main page: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville
- Show page: http://bit.ly/2GBqAuZ (or www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2019-20/marathon)
- Facebook Live Simulcast: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
- YouTube Simulcast: www.youtube.com/d3hoopsville
- Team1 Sports: www.team1sports.com/Hoopsville/
- Team1 Sports app (Android TV, Amazon Fire, Apple TV, Roku) - you will either find it under the "live" section or search for the Hoopsville channel

All men's coaches appear in the NABC Coach's Corner. And all guests are featured on the BlueFrame Technology Hoopsville Hotline.

If you have questions about Division III basketball, feel free to send them and we will answer them on a the show. Email them to dave.mchugh@d3sports.com or use any of the social media options.

Hoopsville Marathon Schedule
Timing approximate and subject to change

Time (ET)GuestSchool/Institution
12:20 p.m.Jim CalhounSt. Joseph's (Conn.) men's coach
12:40 p.m.Pat JuckemNo. 11 WashU men's coach
1:00 p.m.Brian MorehouseNo. 3 Hope women's coach
1:20 p.m.Lauren BusalacchiRipon women's coach
1:40 p.m.Ryan HylandJohn Jay men's coach
2:00 p.m.Dan DutcherNCAA VP for Division III
2:40 p.m.Karin HarveyMontclair State women's coach, Women's National Committee chair
3:00 p.m.Adrienne ShiblesNo. 2 Bowdoin women's coach
3:20 p.m.Kate PearsonCabrini women's coach
3:40 p.m.Matt GilbrideRPI men's coach
4:00 p.m.Sam AtkinsonGallaudet Associate AD for Comm., Men's National Committee Chair
4:20 p.m.Matt DonohueCatholic women's coach
4:40 p.m.Charles KatsiaficasPomona-Pitzer men's coach
5:00 p.m.Jon HerbrechtsmeyerNo. 5 Bethel women's coach
5:20 p.m.Chris CarideoWidener men's coach
5:40 p.m.Dave HixonAmherst men's coach (sabbatical)
6:00 p.m.Tricia CullopWBCA Board President, Toledo women's coach
6:20 p.m.Alex RicheyNo. 18 Oglethorpe women's coach
6:40 p.m.Jody MayAlbion men's coach
7:00 p.m.Dave MacedoNo. 18 Virginia Wesleyan men's coach
7:20 p.m.Melissa KuberkaSt. John Fisher women's coach
8:00 p.m.HOOPSVILLE HAPPY HOUR A gaggle of some of the shows friends - to be announced

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

It is Monday and you should try and spend your afternoon tuned into to Hoopsville!

One month. That's all that's left in the DIII regular season. It doesn't seem that long ago when the holidays marked an early half-way point and there was still lots to figure out and games to enjoy watching.

There are still lots of games still to enjoy and there is plenty to still figure out. However, just a month remains before the regular season is over and the two 64-team NCAA Tournaments will be set.

Time is running out.

On this midday edition of Hoopsville (due to schedule conflicts), we focus our attention on Regions 1 & 2 (combined), 4, 6, and 8 (the old Northeast, Atlantic, South, and Central) to talk to programs still jockeying for home court advantage in their conference playoffs or to make sure they get into the NCAAs no matter the avenue.

Guests include:
- Rodney Rogan, Rhodes women's coach
- Jon Miller, Hanover men's coach
- Top 25 Men's Double-Take
- Steven Schulman, Lehman men's coach
- Craig Dagan, Maine Maritime women's coach

Hoopsville airs LIVE 1:00 PM ET: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2021-22/jan31 (you can also watch the show On Demand or listen to the podcast after the show goes off the air).

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The Hoopsville Marathon is here!

The show is hitting the air at 12:00 PM ET and going for at least NINE hours for the 8th Annual Hoopsville Marathon Show.

Show link: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2021-22/marathon

This year's show featured coaches, administrators, student-athletes, and many others around Division III who gave us a sense of the season to date and what is to come. There is only a month or so left in the regular season, so there was plenty to talk about.

The marathon is also a chance to celebrate the final month of the Division III basketball regular season.

Guests include (in order of appearance, subject to change):

• Conner Delaney, Johns Hopkins men's senior
  • Frank Marcinek, Susquehanna men's coach
  • Dan Krikorian, Chapman men's coach and Co-Host of "Slappin' Glass" podcast
  • Minority Coaches Panel:
    • Larry Anderson (MIT men's coach)
    • Kam Gissendanner (La Roche women's coach)
    • Jason Harris (UMass-Boston men's coach)
    • Gary Stewart (Stevenson men's coach)
  • Gary Stewart, Stevenson men's coach and NABC Board member
  • National Committee Chairs:
    • Michael Schauer, Wheaton men's coach and men's committee chair
    • Megan Wilson, Luther Associate AD and women's committee chair
  • Dan Kenny, John Jay men's sophomore and volunteer firefighter
  • Jina DeRubbo, Washington & Jefferson women's coach
  • Cameron Hill, Trinity (Texas) women's coach
  • Stephen Gabel, Nazareth men's senior
  • State of DIII with Louise McCleary, Interim Vice President for Division III
  • Jim Haney, Division III Men's Officiating Coordinator
  • Fred Roggin, NBC4 LA Sports Anchor and AM570 LA Sports Host
  • Top 25 Women's Double-Take with Gordon Mann and Scott Peterson
  • "Happy Hour" with friends of Hoopsville and D3 basketball