MBB: American Southwest Conference

Started by Sul Ross Lobos, February 26, 2005, 03:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoopstar

hoopstar

hoopstar

18 points for jazz eugene, then its just people with 5 or less

Ralph Turner

They are going to let Jazz score and take away everything else.

hoopstar

mc just made about 7 trips down the floor, and 7 tournaovers

chocman

Johnathan Biggs Johnson

Ralph,

I was not trying to upset anyone about personal problems. I was kinda being sarcastic about one player inparticular, due to the fact Holmes told me something funny about one players situation, thats all. I understand Tennison leaving, he has a unique situation. I wish him all the luck in the world. I hear there is a new coach at "Back at the Mac" That was for you Russ!!!!

Ralph Turner

JBJ, the good thing for Travis is that he got a "ring", (ASC-West Tri-champs) and a front page spread on the "Sports Illustrated of D3 Collegiate Basketball".http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

I re-watched "Field of Dreams" last weekend.  The scene with the old "Doc" (Burt Lancaster) as he comes back as a young kid is inspiring.  Perhaps, too, Travis got a satisfactory chance at college basketball.  My sincere prayer for Travis is for him to get his degree and use his leadership skills in the community where he lives and serves.  IMHO, he could change the lives of those that he touches.

As for "Mac", great things at McMurry!!!

McM Blue Devil

That was the addition I was trying to hint at last week.  

I think that is a huge addition for McMurry, glad to see we have another full timer for our staff.

Ralph Turner

The 2005 Attendance figures of the leading programs are listed.  I checked McMurry's attendance to compare.  McMurry had 8396 fans attend 11 home games for an average of 763 fans per game.  The unfortunate thing for the average were the three games that were played over Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays before only 175, 175 and 325 fans.  Eliminating those three games would have increased the average to 940 fans per game to put McMurry well into the Top 30.  The http://www.d3hoops.com/gallery.php?gallery=36019">HSU-McMurry game was the best attended, a full house crowd of 2200 fans!

http://www.ncaa.org/stats/m_basketball/attendance/2005_basketball_attend.pdf">2005 D3 Attendance Figures

Mixitup

I think the ASC west is going to be a little down this year.  Howard Payne will always be Howard Payne, Okay talent that goes no where, Schreiner, well you know how that goes. McMurry seems to be losing everyone.  TLU graduated everyone, Hardin-Simmons, will be pretty good, got everyone back, but lost one or two and replacing Calvin night will be extremely tough.  UMHB seems to have a chance for success, good senior class, only real lose is Michael Blaylock and from the Tx hoops website a major recruiting class.  If they aren't good this year wait a year or two.  New building do great things I guess.  SRSU, you have to figure Davalos will get in JUCO kids that will make a difference.  CUA, not sure, I think Bonewitz will recruit well, but CUA is a hard place to recruit to.  Look for an interesting season!

Ralph Turner

On the front page, congratulations to and thank you to Rockland Owens for being a peripheral stem cell donor!

Rock, you have my early vote for ASC Sportsman-of-the-Year!http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

Jason Robinson

Mixitup
Youre right the west will be down this year and i predict the east to dominate. Most of the teams in the east are returning several key players. Dont forget that the east sent two teams to the big dance last year. Look for Mississippi College, East Texas Baptist, UTD, The Ozarks, and Austin College to compete for the top 4 spots. UT Tyler and Letourneau will knock off teams to make the race interesting just like last season! This season will be great

Johnny Wells

i doubt the west will be down..since when was the west down compared to the east ??

Mixitup

I was not making the statement to say that I thought the east would be better. I was mearly making the point that the west teams are looking a little down for the season upcoming.  My true thoughts is that the east will be the about the same competively but it won't be such a landslide for west wins during the regular season.