FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamtod

Quote from: DuffMan on November 21, 2017, 10:11:54 AM
Quote from: jamtoTommie on November 21, 2017, 09:30:39 AM
4. Seeing as you completely missed the context, I'm going to assume that all St John's folks are equally obtuse. (See, it works!)

How does geometry factor in here?  ???

Geometry is only tangentially related to the topic at hand. Don't get acute with me.

GoldandBlueBU

Quote from: DuffMan on November 21, 2017, 10:11:54 AM
4. Seeing as you completely missed the context, I'm going to assume that all St John's folks are equally obtuse. (See, it works!)

How does geometry factor in here?  ???

wartknight

Andy Dufresne would love you!
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden

DuffMan

MIAC football awards are out.

MVP - Chad Johnson
Stam - Austin Jochum
Co-Coaches of the Year - Fasching and St. Glenn

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: 1932, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1953, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

Mr.MIAC

Quote from: DuffMan on November 21, 2017, 10:37:11 AM

MVP - Chad Johnson
Stam - Austin Jochum

Really? Is this thing rigged? By what measure does Fasching even come close Caruso's coaching success this year?

jamtod

Quote from: Reverend MIAC, PhD on November 21, 2017, 10:47:39 AM
Quote from: DuffMan on November 21, 2017, 10:37:11 AM

MVP - Chad Johnson
Stam - Austin Jochum

Really? Is this thing rigged? By what measure does Fasching even come close Caruso's coaching success this year?

I'll take a stab at it. They lost the same number of games in the regular season and Fasching's team only lost to Caruso's by only 3 points (which technically is the home field advantage if you assume that applied to Target Field). That's pretty close.

SJUrube

Are the national semifinals always played as local noon starts or are they staggered throughout the day? Are they every played in the evening? Trying to schedule something that could potentially be impacted by this. Any historical help is appreciated.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: SJUrube on November 21, 2017, 03:29:56 PM
Are the national semifinals always played as local noon starts or are they staggered throughout the day? Are they every played in the evening? Trying to schedule something that could potentially be impacted by this. Any historical help is appreciated.

Over the past few years the semifinals have been staggered so one could watch both games in succession on ESPN3. Typically that has meant something like a noon and a 3:30 p.m. ET start, but those details won't be locked down until we know where the games are being played.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Retired Old Rat

Quote from: SJUrube on November 21, 2017, 03:29:56 PM

I believe always noon local time. I believe there may have been a very few exceptions over the years.

Kelly Boggs

Like Pat said, they were staggered last year. UMU vs UMHB started at 3:30 pm CST.
UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

Retired Old Rat

I guess I should have just waited for the Guru to respond.

PurpleReign

Quote from: faunch on November 20, 2017, 08:34:34 PM
Dougherty Family College it is a selective, two-year program offering an associate of arts degree in liberal arts.  ::) :P ;D
Sounds like its is very selektive!!!

http://view.go2ust.stthomas.edu/?qs=f1c01a388f71d67196ae7deba1987b75bd9b667a6dadc6472112e4f216f028341dd1d0917ccfeaa941e099b1321617c5fc874a9f0fedb56fcf8e708a48532eef45b0366a39288ae7

I think it's great that both the Tommie and Johnnies are home for the second round of the playoffs.

RoyalsFan

Quote from: jamtoTommie on November 21, 2017, 11:08:32 AM

I'll take a stab at it. They lost the same number of games in the regular season and Fasching's team only lost to Caruso's by only 3 points (which technically is the home field advantage if you assume that applied to Target Field). That's pretty close.

You are lumping conference and non conference games, but I would consider the 'regular' season to be conference games since they all have the same opponents. So from that aspect, St. Thomas was undefeated and St. John's had 1 loss. Including non conference games would be relevant only if the Tommies and Johnnies played the same teams, but they didn't. St. Thomas only loss came to a much tougher team in Stout than either of the teams that St. John's played. But the head-to-head game was close on the score board even though St. Thomas dominated in the other stats. And yes, I know, the only stat that really counts is the final score. IMO since St. Thomas beat St. John's then Caruso should have the tie breaker.

miac952

Quote from: RoyalsFan on November 21, 2017, 06:24:16 PM

You are lumping conference and non conference games, but I would consider the 'regular' season to be conference games since they all have the same opponents. So from that aspect, St. Thomas was undefeated and St. John's had 1 loss. Including non conference games would be relevant only if the Tommies and Johnnies played the same teams, but they didn't. St. Thomas only loss came to a much tougher team in Stout than either of the teams that St. John's played. But the head-to-head game was close on the score board even though St. Thomas dominated in the other stats. And yes, I know, the only stat that really counts is the final score. IMO since St. Thomas beat St. John's then Caruso should have the tie breaker.

Coach of the Year, is just as much team of the year. Without any big movers or surprises below them, I can see how it is shared. You have two top 8 teams in the country in your conference. Give it to both of them.

That All MIAC first team D-Line is one I would put against any other conference in the country.

jamtod

Quote from: RoyalsFan on November 21, 2017, 06:24:16 PM

That award is already determined. It's called the Conference Champion and it's only based on conference performance. Coach of the year is a bit more subjective. St Thomas basically did what it was expected to do. St John's also. Who actually overachieved in the MIAC?