FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D O.C.

And some have played Belton at home and beaten them.

Purple Heys

Quote from: D O.C. on September 19, 2018, 06:18:31 PM

Not in the People's Republic of California, they haven't.
You can't leave me....all the plants will die.

olddog

Quote from: Purple Heys on September 19, 2018, 06:26:35 PM
Quote from: D O.C. on September 19, 2018, 06:18:31 PM

Not in the People's Republic of California, they haven't.

Whittier has a better chance of beating UR versus Sciac vs.Belton. Belton has way too many advantages over any SCIAC team. I have gone into them before but like everything else its money... a lot less expensive for kids to go there and triple the commitment to football. UR was up at halftime in the playoffs a few years ago...Belton just put their head down and ran RPOs to death, to roll to a win.
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

Purple Heys

Way off topic here, but am I the only one just coming to read that Maricopa County has voted to kill football after 2018?

This means that Scottsdale CC, Glendale (AZ), Mesa (AZ) CC, and Phoenix CC will disband their football teams.  In response, it appears that Pima CC in Tucson will follow suit.

That leaves UA, ASU, NAU in the NCAA, AZ Christian, Ottawa-Arizona in NAIA, and Eastern AZ, AZ Western as the remaining JC's.

I tell myself that the D3 recruiting budgets for the state of Arizona should go up...but does a kid who settled to go to a local JC really set up to become a valid recruit for an expensive, out of state SCIAC team?

The stated reason for the cut was budgetary - 20% of the athletics budget, 50% of the insurance costs.

How long before the PRC goes after our JUCO football?
You can't leave me....all the plants will die.

10Freeway

Most Juco, AZ and other states, kids out of HS do not have the grades or test scores to attend SCIAC schools. 
When the legend becomes fact, print the legend-
  The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence

DFWCrufan

9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

astro9046

Back in the Midwest today to watch CLU take on UWStout. woke up and it was 42 degrees and felt like football weather (if you live in the cold LoL) and hoping the Offensive Gods smile on our O because are D is very Good. After this week it's conference ball and let the chips fall where they may.
GO KINGSMEN
"SOME PEOPLE THINK FOOTBALL IS A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH. I ASSURE YOU, IT'S MUCH MORE SERIOUS THAN THAT"

astro9046

WoW, Game was a lot closer than score; however if you'r DB's can't cover deep (4 touchdowns on 1 player) and you run the same D play against influence blocking it will hurt in the later Qtrs. O seemed a little better but still can't pass with effectiveness but inside run is doing well. Lets start this season conference play and see what each SCIAC team learned from the Out of conference games.
Good luck next week
"SOME PEOPLE THINK FOOTBALL IS A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH. I ASSURE YOU, IT'S MUCH MORE SERIOUS THAN THAT"

MonroviaCat

Quote from: astro9046 on September 24, 2018, 10:58:15 AM
WoW, Game was a lot closer than score; however if you'r DB's can't cover deep (4 touchdowns on 1 player) and you run the same D play against influence blocking it will hurt in the later Qtrs. O seemed a little better but still can't pass with effectiveness but inside run is doing well. Lets start this season conference play and see what each SCIAC team learned from the Out of conference games.
Good luck next week
I watched online for the first half or so--I was somewhat surprised to hear the Wisconsin announcers commenting on how big the Oline for CLU is....
Go Cats!

astro9046

Quote from: MonroviaCat on September 24, 2018, 12:43:22 PM
Good luck next week
I watched online for the first half or so--I was somewhat surprised to hear the Wisconsin announcers commenting on how big the Oline for CLU is....
That is good to hear from the announcer, my son transferred from a midwest school and most teams are bigger; however this OL is 310, 270,325,310, 316 and average about 6'2". Interior are animals but if you watched any of the Pacific game we got exposed on the edges, but learned from it. Just to many long pass plays with 1 run. Other thing I noticed west coast runs a lot of odd fronts as base other than what I viewed with Linfield.
Best of luck and thanks for responding I hope I don't get a negative karma point for it LoL. have no idea have some gets -karma from game reports LoL. MUST me my buddy RFB, JK:)

Gray Fox

Quote from: astro9046 on September 24, 2018, 06:55:36 PM
Quote from: MonroviaCat on September 24, 2018, 12:43:22 PM
Good luck next week
That is good to hear from the announcer, my son transferred from a midwest school and most teams are bigger; however this OL is 310, 270,325,310, 316 and average about 6'2". Interior are animals but if you watched any of the Pacific game we got exposed on the edges, but learned from it. Just to many long pass plays with 1 run. Other thing I noticed west coast runs a lot of odd fronts as base other than what I viewed with Linfield.
Best of luck and thanks for responding I hope I don't get a negative karma point for it LoL. have no idea have some gets -karma from game reports LoL. MUST me my buddy RFB, JK:)
+k just for being you.  :P
Fierce When Roused

MonroviaCat

Quote from: wildcat11 on September 27, 2018, 10:28:37 AM
Quote from: Oxy1995 on September 27, 2018, 10:16:30 AM
Gee, who could have guessed this would happen
https://www.dailynews.com/2018/09/26/gay-former-occidental-athletic-director-sues-for-discrimination-retaliation/

Can't read the article due to paywall.
I was able to read it---obvious I don't have any direct knowledge of the facts of the case but the part about the university president using Hoffman as as scapegoat for denying his own role in the downfall of the football program has the ring of truth to it.  And no--I'm not saying she was not equally (or more) responsible, I'm just saying that the president probably is trying to distance himself from this debacle when it seems pretty clear he had a big hand in it (either directly or by proxy).
Go Cats!

Oxy1995

Quote from: MonroviaCat on September 27, 2018, 10:31:57 AM
Quote from: wildcat11 on September 27, 2018, 10:28:37 AM
Quote from: Oxy1995 on September 27, 2018, 10:16:30 AM
Gee, who could have guessed this would happen
https://www.dailynews.com/2018/09/26/gay-former-occidental-athletic-director-sues-for-discrimination-retaliation/

Can't read the article due to paywall.
I was able to read it---obvious I don't have any direct knowledge of the facts of the case but the part about the university president using Hoffman as as scapegoat for denying his own role in the downfall of the football program has the ring of truth to it.  And no--I'm not saying she was not equally (or more) responsible, I'm just saying that the president probably is trying to distance himself from this debacle when it seems pretty clear he had a big hand in it (either directly or by proxy).
He backed her completely in emails, letters, and discussions with alums when she fired Widolff in 2012.  He backed her when she made a two horrible hires to replace Widolff.  However, last year when the program was forced to cancel games (then the season), he saw that donations started to drop (from former players and non-players alike).