BB: Regionals (New York) 2012 Farmingdale NY

Started by Ralph Turner, April 29, 2012, 06:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

The 2012 New York Regional will be held at FSC Baseball Complex in Farmingdale NY.

AlleyCat

NY Regionals - Cortland, Farmingdale, Keystone, LL Champ, NJAC Pool C, New England Team, ???, ???

Any thoughts - I'm not sure St John Fisher or Ithaca will get a bid. St John Fisher has done more to deserve it, but Ithaca won the league, if you can call it a league.

rob

Where's all the talk on this board - Selection Sunday - ?
New York Regional.  Cortland, Farmingdale...and anyone else from NY??
I think as the #1 seed in the Mid Atlantic, Keystone, will stay there, as well as Kean obviously.
NY could pull in someone like Misericordia and two teams from New England.  But who else?
Do Fisher and Ithaca really have a shot.
I guess you can definitely add in Skidmore.
In an 8 team regional that's 8 teams; Cortland Farmingdale, Misericordia, Skidmore, 2 teams from New England (take your pick), Fisher and Ithaca.
In a 6 team regional you can take out Ithaca and Fisher.  If you keep 1 or both of them and leave out the New England teams it weakens the regional.

rob

D3. com projects Ithaca in as a Pool B pick and Fisher as Pool C.
Makes sense, especially for Ithaca.  At best a borderline Pool C, makes it fairly easily as a quality Pool B team

John McGraw

And so here's how the field stacks up...

1. Cortland State
2. Farmingdale State
3. Ithaca
4. Misericordia
5. Skidmore
6. Castleton State

Remember, the host Rams captured the regional crown the last time the tournament was played downstate.

scscoach

My son plays for Skidmore. I'm so excited to be going back to the regionals. Two years ago we were there and lost our first two games 1-0 and 7-6. I hope things go better this time around. Either way it's a huge honor to be there representing the Liberty League.

BBFan62

Quote from: scscoach on May 15, 2012, 12:06:15 AM
My son plays for Skidmore. I'm so excited to be going back to the regionals. Two years ago we were there and lost our first two games 1-0 and 7-6. I hope things go better this time around. Either way it's a huge honor to be there representing the Liberty League.

scscoach-
Go get 'em....good luck to Skidmore and your son. I picked up my son from UR yesterday and did the long drive home. You guys did it the hard way. I still say none of the games should have been played Thursday, but you guys did recover after the soaking. See you next year!

rob

In anticipation of some early morning rain, games have been moved back 2 hours in Farmingdale on Wednesday.  New times are:

Wednesday, May 16

12:00pm – Game 1 – #1 SUNY Cortland vs. #6 Castleton State

3:30pm – Game 2 – #2 Farmingdale State vs. #5 Skidmore

7:00pm – Game 3 – #3 Ithaca vs. #4 Misericordia

The weather looks good for the rest of the tournament. 8-)

John McGraw

Quote from: rob on May 15, 2012, 11:12:32 PM
In anticipation of some early morning rain, games have been moved back 2 hours in Farmingdale on Wednesday.  New times are:

Wednesday, May 16

12:00pm – Game 1 – #1 SUNY Cortland vs. #6 Castleton State

3:30pm – Game 2 – #2 Farmingdale State vs. #5 Skidmore

7:00pm – Game 3 – #3 Ithaca vs. #4 Misericordia

The weather looks good for the rest of the tournament. 8-)

Even if it does rain, Farmingdale has a FieldTurf surface so it shouldn't really be an issue.

scscoach

Quote from: BBFan62 on May 15, 2012, 08:01:04 AM
Quote from: scscoach on May 15, 2012, 12:06:15 AM

scscoach-
Go get 'em....good luck to Skidmore and your son. I picked up my son from UR yesterday and did the long drive home. You guys did it the hard way. I still say none of the games should have been played Thursday, but you guys did recover after the soaking. See you next year!
Thanks BBfan22 and congrats to you guys on your great run to make the tourney. I've got a feeling you guys will take that momentum right into next season.

jdex

Cortland hangs on for 7-6 beating of Castleton St., which leaves the tying run on second in the ninth. Corts reliever B. Hourihan gets the save with a K-K-K final frame after walking the leadoff batter. A pinch runner swipes second with one out. A. Schuldt the winning pitcher with a rocky performance ......7.1 innings, 12h, 6r, 3er, 1bb, 7k. RDragons score six in the second with eight straight hits -- Z. Graczyk and A. Pezzuto with RBI singles, M. June with a two RBI double and M. LaTempa a sac fly. Castleton chips away with a two-run fourth, single score in the seventh and two runs inn the eighth. T. Erickson goes the distance in defeat. Pezzuto, J. Adornetto, T. Panetta have two hit CSt games. D. Brandt 3x5 in leadoff Castleton slot.

Castleton      6-12-3
Cortland       7-11-3

sjfcards

Anyone have any information on Misercordia?
GO FISHER!!!

rob

Quote from: jdex on May 16, 2012, 02:30:36 PM

Cortland hangs on for 7-6 beating of Castleton St., which leaves the tying run on second in the ninth. Corts reliever B. Hourihan gets the save with a K-K-K final frame after walking the leadoff batter. A pinch runner swipes second with one out. A. Schuldt the winning pitcher with a rocky performance ......7.1 innings, 12h, 6r, 3er, 1bb, 7k. RDragons score six in the second with eight straight hits -- Z. Graczyk and A. Pezzuto with RBI singles, M. June with a two RBI double and M. LaTempa a sac fly. Castleton chips away with a two-run fourth, single score in the seventh and two runs inn the eighth. T. Erickson goes the distance in defeat. Pezzuto, J. Adornetto, T. Panetta have two hit CSt games. D. Brandt 3x5 in leadoff Castleton slot.

Castleton      6-12-3
Cortland       7-11-3
Hourihan came on on relief in the 8th pitching 2/3 inning. Tom Nagy pitched the 9th.

lordcharles

Quote from: sjfcards on May 16, 2012, 02:49:53 PM
Anyone have any information on Misercordia?

Been ranked between 10th and 15th this season, beat shenandoah 2 times early in season , and lost to Cortland late in season 4-2.  Play in Freedom conference and came out of the losers bracket the last 2 seasons in a row to win the conference title.  Very confident hard nosed group that support each other very well-  good pitching, great defense, and timely hitting.!

jdex

Quote from: rob on May 16, 2012, 03:15:09 PM
Quote from: jdex on May 16, 2012, 02:30:36 PM

Castleton      6-12-3
Cortland       7-11-3
Hourihan came on on relief in the 8th pitching 2/3 inning. Tom Nagy pitched the 9th.

Thanks for the catch. Livestats first indicated T. Nagy was pitching the ninth, but then had B. Hourihan continuing. We were confused. No surprise there! And CSt's deciding seventh run came in the fourth when A. Pezzuto opened with a triple followed by J. Adornetto's sac fly. Blanked beyond that as Castleton gained momentum.

Farmingdale 10, Skidmore 2