FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hasanova

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on October 06, 2016, 02:13:24 PM
Hasa

I enjoyed the article but I'm sad to learn your RB is hurt and out for the remainder of the season. I was looking forward to watching him play. Injuries are the one thing I really hate about athletics. These kids work so hard year round and boom, they are done. Happened to my kid earlier during preseason camp, third shoulder injury and doctor told him no more. Breaks your heart but I guess a good life lesson.

Good luck to your Quakers on Saturday. Try not to set scoring records !!!!
Thanks.  Everyone in Quaker Nation is disappointed, but hope De'Eric will recover soon.  He was on track to break a lot of records this season.  Fortunately, the Quakers are deeper than just #5.  I'm not taking HSC for granted, so I hope the Quakers will show up ready to play.  See you Saturday!

hscathletics

Quote from: hasanova on October 06, 2016, 10:15:44 PM
Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on October 06, 2016, 02:13:24 PM
Hasa

I enjoyed the article but I'm sad to learn your RB is hurt and out for the remainder of the season. I was looking forward to watching him play. Injuries are the one thing I really hate about athletics. These kids work so hard year round and boom, they are done. Happened to my kid earlier during preseason camp, third shoulder injury and doctor told him no more. Breaks your heart but I guess a good life lesson.

Good luck to your Quakers on Saturday. Try not to set scoring records !!!!
Thanks.  Everyone in Quaker Nation is disappointed, but hope De'Eric will recover soon.  He was on track to break a lot of records this season.  Fortunately, the Quakers are deeper than just #5.  I'm not taking HSC for granted, so I hope the Quakers will show up ready to play.  See you Saturday!
Noticed the Quakers #1 WR, Tyriek Russell, wasn't in the two deep that was supplied to H-SC. You know what the deal is there?

hasanova

Re Russell, no, I don't know why he wasn't on 2-deep submission.

hscathletics

Quote from: hasanova on October 06, 2016, 11:45:53 PM
Thanks. Wonder what the deal is. Hope he didn't suffer an injury as well.

Various forecasts calling for nearly an inch of rain tomorrow. Hopefully, our field doesn't get torn to shreds. The ground is already saturated from the rain we got last night and this morning, though our athletic fields are built to drain much better than your run of the mill grassy areas. But between 1.25 and 1.5 inches of rain in 48 hours is going to be hard of any grass field.

hasanova

Quote from: hscathletics on October 07, 2016, 04:15:56 PM

Various forecasts calling for nearly an inch of rain tomorrow. Hopefully, our field doesn't get torn to shreds. The ground is already saturated from the rain we got last night and this morning, though our athletic fields are built to drain much better than your run of the mill grassy areas. But between 1.25 and 1.5 inches of rain in 48 hours is going to be hard of any grass field.
I hope you're right ... no more injuries.  I've been wondering about the effect of the rain on the field ... knew it was natural turf.  Hope it doesn't unduly affect play tomorrow. 

onceamink

Quote from: hasanova on October 07, 2016, 05:12:10 PM
Quote from: hscathletics on October 07, 2016, 04:15:56 PM

I hope you're right ... no more injuries.  I've been wondering about the effect of the rain on the field ... knew it was natural turf.  Hope it doesn't unduly affect play tomorrow.

Pouring the rain in Farmville. 

hscathletics

Weather Underground projecting 1.34 inches of rain here just today. Going to be a real fun time when I have to go work the soccer game...

onceamink

Quote from: hscathletics on October 08, 2016, 10:25:16 AM
Weather Underground projecting 1.34 inches of rain here just today. Going to be a real fun time when I have to go work the soccer game...
Hasn't let up. 

jknezek

Generals stinking up the early going in D.C. 

Birddawg79

Birddawg79

onceamink

Quote from: Birddawg79 on October 08, 2016, 01:37:49 PM
10-0 Catholic end of 1st quarter.
Look terrible.  Bad body language, no sense of urgency... sloppy.

jknezek

Quote from: onceamink on October 08, 2016, 02:08:58 PM
Quote from: Birddawg79 on October 08, 2016, 01:37:49 PM
10-0 Catholic end of 1st quarter.
Look terrible.  Bad body language, no sense of urgency... sloppy.

Too much of the season has looked this way.

jknezek

You aren't playing good football when you let a team convert on 3rd or 4th and 20 plus twice on one drive. Just very, very bad football.

Birddawg79

22-14 Catholic end of 3rd. and yes, W&L gave up a safety.  :-[