WBB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by Pat Coleman, March 14, 2005, 05:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm a lama

Stephanie Tobey Named New Lynchburg College Head Women's Basketball Coach

LYNCHBURG, VA - The Lynchburg College athletic department announced Thursday that Stephanie Tobey has been named the new head women's basketball coach.  

Tobey was the head coach at Lasell College (MA) for the 2003-04 and 2004-05 seasons - a member of the Division III North Atlantic Conference (NAC). With a young team that had no seniors on the roster, the Lasers finished last season with an 11-14 record. Tobey also assisted with the Lasell women's lacrosse team for one season. She served as an assistant coach at Brown University for one year before moving on to Lasell.  

"We are very excited to have Stephanie on board as our new women's basketball coach," said Dr. Jack Toms, Lynchburg director of athletics. "With her enthusiasm, dedication and drive, we think she will be able to build on the success the program has enjoyed in recent years."

Tobey was a two-sport athlete at Bryant College (RI), graduating in May of 2002 with degrees in business administration and communication, and carried a psychology minor. She was a captain of both the basketball and lacrosse teams, playing center for the Division II basketball program.

"Our women will be some of the best conditioned athletes physically and mentally and we welcome the challenge of anyone in the country," said Tobey.  "From day one, the expectations will be set high. You can expect us to run the floor, control the half court, and be relentless on defense. Defense will be the center of our system, if we can defend, we can compete with anyone. We also want to bring a determined attitude to the classroom and basketball court."

The Hornet women finished 8-17 in a rebuilding 2004-05 season after winning 30 contests the previous two campaigns.

78RMC

The Lady Jackets will be even stronger this season.  Most starters return and they'll be even bigger this year with 6-2 and 6-5 transfers coming in.  Plus the freshmen are also strong.  Should be an exciting season for the Jackets.

Guru of Major Champ. Predictions!

McElwee Resigns Women's Basketball Coaching Position
Richard McElwee has resigned as head women's basketball coach after two years at Eastern Mennonite University.

David King, Athletic Director at EMU announced McElwee's resignation Friday, July 15.

Mr. Ypsi

Scottie,

I think you've just set a new record (with the possible exception of banned posters who were trying to deceive): you have 3 of the last 4 posts - under three different names!

(To avoid slipping up on who you are this month, I shall henceforth address you as Scottie!)

Scottie Too Hottie

Cabonney,
Let's make it 4 of the last 6 posts under a different name! http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

emufan

EMU has named Kevin Griffin as Head Coach of Womens basketball. 

He has a solid core of ladies coming back, and I know it is late in the recruting year, however, I would think that his biggest task would be to make sure Laura Ludholtz is in school and healthy.

Good luck to the Lady Royals as they try to get back to the NCAA's very soon.

emufan

EMU will broadcast all games online this year.

Here is the anticipated schedule.

http://www.emu.edu/athletics/broadcast/

Jimmy Mad

Quote from: emufan on September 06, 2005, 06:04:24 PM
I would think that his biggest task would be to make sure Laura Ludholtz is in school and healthy.

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

emufan

emufan

It amazes me how some people come on this site and then don't even back up what they say.

I make a legit comment about trying to get a former all-odac player back on the team and the only answer I get is to not get my hopes up.

If you have the information, share it, don't start a conversation and then not back it up.

Is Laura still hurt, not eligible?  What is the deal?

Back your statement up.

Jimmy Mad

1) I don't think she is enrolled at EMU

2) The players told me they don't anticipate her returning

emufan

Knowledge,

Thank for updating me.

It helps when we have all the facts instead of 1-liners to go by.

Although, I don't see it happening because of what you just said.  It has happened in the ODAC, where players transfer in for the second semester.  A Guilford player did that several years ago, Courntey Hill( All-ODAC). So it never hurts to ask.

upper90

R-MC looks HOT this year...I can't WAIT for the season!!!

mybleedinghands

Coach Stephanie Tobey is about to start on a conquest to become the best D3 coach EVER...

bbald eagle

How long will the "conquest" take? Think she'll "conquer" RMC first time out of the box?  ;)