WBB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by onearmedscot, July 15, 2005, 12:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onearmedscot

Big night for Willy Wonka!!!

Opening night for your movie probably ranks up there with the National Championship game against Williams eh?

OneArmedScot™
2014 MWC North Division Champs
November 22nd, 2014:  NCAA 1st-round playoff game @ Clemens Stadium
Go Scots!

peachbasket

Willy,
Good luck tonight, man.  Perhaps you could represent by putting Johnny Depp's face on your profile!!!

No surprise Y-K would head out of town to recruit...it's harder to catch her cheating, I mean "working in the grey zone," not to mention, she got, virtually, shut-out recruiting in Minnesota this past year, and I'm sure there are only a limited amount of transfers willing to make the move to Hamline, again!!

Hope you all find the Golden Ticket!
Cobbers for life!

Willy Wonka

Weird that this name would come back after all these years to be relevant again. My namesake actually comes from friends who thought I, with my poofy hair of yesteryear, looked similar to Gene Wilder as WW in the original. If I knew how to splice pictures together, I would put that on my profile http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

However, I have my front row seat reserved at the Red Wing theatre. I am not even going to let a female join me for fear that she might ruin the moment http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

Oh, and I fouled out against Williams and watched the bitter end from the bench, so the ceiling for tonight is MUCH higher.

LA RAMS

Willy,

Like if a movie isn't enough I see now you've got a candy bar on the market named after you.  Man....!
"Beating 'SC is not a matter of life or death.  It's more important than that."  Former UCLA Head Football Coach Red Sanders

east coast miac fan

So, even though it's super early, and you never quite know what the final roster will be when games start up again, do anyone have some very early predictions as far as how teams will finish next year?  We desperately need something to talk about.

Renaissance Coach

Wow--been gone for 5-6 weeks and what happens??? Wht's up with all the chatter about possible rule/ethics infractions??

RC

onearmedscot

Big coaching news brewing in Saint Paul...will have more later.

OneArmedScot™
Go Scots!

Willy Wonka

Is it "later" yet? http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

KnightsArmor

OAS,

Yeah, don't torment and tease those of us desperate for some fresh bb news.

onearmedscot

Did you guys read Charlie Walters today?  He said look for Ruh to resign July 31 to pursue a career outside of coaching.  Now, I wonder where he got that scoop?  http://discus.d3hoops.com/discus/clipart/happy.gif" ALT=":-)" BORDER=0>

OneArmedScot™
Go Scots!

KnightsArmor

OAS,

Yep, can't say as if I blame her for leaving after the way the AD's treated her.

onearmedscot

I commend her for at least bringing in some talent before she left.  She could have really screwed them the way they screwed her but she seemed to be above that.  

In the short time I've known her, I've found her to be a great person and a highly respected coach.  It's a shame that two people with no idea how to run an athletic department had to ruin her 17 year coaching career.

Welcome to your new job Mr. Feezell.
You have no women's basketball coach.
You have a independent football team that has no immediate plans to return to the MIAC.
You have a women's basketball team playing half an MIAC schedule.
You have a big inflated Scottish mascot that is supposed to lift the morale around athletics.

OneArmedScot™
Go Scots!

KnightsArmor

OAS,

Both MAC's athletic administration and President Rosenberg need to act with dispatch.  Moving quickly and decisively is demanded by the constraints and risks facing this program.  A new head coach needs to be named and I mean named  right away.  Ed Freeman, an assistant coach and someone who was involved with recruiting some of the incoming players, would be a strong candidate. An interim coach, whether Ed or someone else, is not an option, for that would simply serve to undermine and handicap next year's recruiting cycle.  

And then there is the need to manage the very real risk that, in light of Coach Ruh's resignation, at least some of the new incoming players may elect not to matriculate next fall.  Managing that risk would demand immediately phoning  each of the incoming students (I think there are nine), explaining the situation, and reassuring them about the program's future.  

And now I'm going to the Pulley game!

east coast miac fan

I think MAC should just join the conference with Northwestern, morris, and all the other recently changed schools to DIII.  They obviously aren't committed to many of their programs at this time.  But hey, that's just one man's opinion.
Thoughts for each team next year:
St Ben's: They lost a lot in the seniors, but they still have Anna Heikenen, and it's finally her team.  She should be the MVP this year.
Carleton: Lost a lot with their senior class, can the freshman, with a lot of talent, pick up tammy's system
Concordia: You can't replace Mandy Pearson, but I have a feeling they will be just fine next year.
St. Mary's: Rattunde is finally gone.  They have a lot of size, but Moran will have to pull it together this year for them to succeed.
St. Kate's: Depends on what personality they take this year.  If the players and coaches can get on the same page, watch out, if not, same old kates
St. Thomas:  They can only get better.
Augsburg: May have a decent freshman class, with a young hard working coach.  Expect them to be much tougher, but still beatable.
St. Olaf:  All that offense, no defense.  If they learned to play it, they might be pretty good.
Gustavus:  Needs the youngsters, that are now veterans to play that way.  Must lead the freshman in order to succeed.
And last but not least
Bethel: Finally recruited in the much needed size they need to be competitive.  They have maybe the top point guard now that mandy is gone, and a phenomanal two guard who may challenge for MVP.  If everyone learns and accepts their role, be careful of what Bethel could do.

LA RAMS

OAS

What an incredible shambles the MAC Athletic Dept. is these days.  Talk about a scorched earth policy, not even Georgia Frontiere and John Shaw could have dreamt this one up.  To be honest, I really Ruh would have stuck it out for a couple two or three seasons - to see her recruits develop into the program and especially with a new AD coming into the helm - you would have thought that she would have seen the light at the end of the tunnel.  Apparently, the situation between her and the two-headed monster of Irvanessa had deteriorated to the point of no return.  I have to simply echo the sentiments of KA in that MAC needs to hire a new coach NOW or you may very well kiss all those new recruits goodbye.  The question is, who do you get to lead that program now?  Is there anybody out there with substantial experience who would even want to touch that gig with a 10-foot pole?  Do you instead try to go locally and nab some high school coach who is a proven winner or maybe even a recent alum?  These are all questions that Feezell is going to have to answer and soon.
"Beating 'SC is not a matter of life or death.  It's more important than that."  Former UCLA Head Football Coach Red Sanders