BB: GSAC: Great South Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, January 11, 2006, 02:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTBB1971

NCWC is going down Thursday night to Rawlings classic in Atlanta but plays LaGrange College Friday at their home.  I saw in their site they are off to good 5-2 start with solid hitting.  Has anyone seen them play this year?

fightingquaker1

I have not seen them play. I know they are solid year in and year out. NCWC has a big weekend down in GA. Good luck to your boys LTHSdad.

LTBB1971

Quaker,
thanks.  We'll need it.  All 5 teams we play are legit contenders.  No easy ones this weekend.  I am flying down on Friday AM to catch game vs LaGrange College.  We need big game from Ben Moore.  If we can win the first one, we might get back on track.  I saw Guilford split vs Southern Virginia. 1B Drew Gurkin and LF Alex Starbuck had a good day...pitching still killing the Quakers along with 5 more errors today.  Not enough offense that can overcome poor pitching and defense all season long...good luck to you guys.

fightingquaker1

Well LTHSdad, looks like LaGrange can hit the baseball. I've never seen a stat line for Ben Moore that bad before. 9 hits in 3 and a third innings? Wow...any idea if Moore is hurting at all. His stats just don't measure up to the pitcher he is. He is a bulldog out there, I've seen him mow down line-ups. Does anybody know what's going on down in Rocky Mount?

LTBB1971

Well Quaker,
I have been to every game so far and my two cents are that we are not getting much pitching so far.  Offense has foud it's groove lately but we are giving up 8 runs per game...can't win to many games like that.  Ben is a bit rusty but he'll get it together...I am confident, we'll need him during conference play coming up in two weeks vs CNU.  Srating pitching has only been going 4 innings...and getting hit hard.  We have some young pitchers on the team that are still developing and hopefully that will pay off later in the year...Record is 3-9 and not much going their way.

fightingquaker1

LTHSdad, thanks for the insight. Its still very early and way too cold outside for baseball. I think you guys will turn it around. Nothing but class acts down there at NCWC. Good luck this week!!!

LTBB1971

Coming back from the Rawlings tournament in Atlanta, I can tell you Rhodes and La Grange can both swing the bats...I was not impressed with Emory.  LaGrange has a beautiful facility and has a very good lefty pitcher in Ben Hudson.  Hitting they have a big 2B in Michael Sanders that hit a HR and spread the ball all over the diamond.   Also their 1B Korey Ison, has a lot of power and really good hitter.  For the Rhodes Lynx, 3B Brent Lindsey and RF Mason Mosby are hitting machines.

fightingquaker1

Looking at the stats, Rhodes looks like they are for real. They beat Greensboro when they had their #1 on the mound. They always seem to be able to hit the fastball real hard...

LTBB1971

Looks like Piedmont did not throw their top guys vs NCWC.  My guess is they are holding them to face CNU and Heidelberg this week.  Evan Rodery threw well today...as did Max Knowles of NCWC.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: LTHSdad on March 10, 2009, 09:51:58 PM
Looks like Piedmont did not throw their top guys vs NCWC.  My guess is they are holding them to face CNU and Heidelberg this week.  Evan Rodery threw well today...as did Max Knowles of NCWC.
The way that Pool B works for Piedmont is that NCWC, CNU and 'berg are all in-region ("conference") games!

fightingquaker1

When I saw Piedmont early on at Guilford, I could tell they were well coached and could swing the sticks. No doubt in my mind that they'll make some noise later on down the road.

scottiedoug

Anybody out there following GSAC baseball in 2010?  <aryville is off to a good start after a pretty ordinary last year.

LTBB1971

Can't speak for Maryville, but we played Piedmont this past weekend and although their record did not indicate it, they pitched very well against us.  Nbr 43 RHP Spencer Shelton shut us down :P

hchawks

Hawks off to a good start (19-4).  Looking to extend current winning streak to 12, 13 in a DH against Atl Christian this Saturday, BSC Wednesday, then to Piedmont for conference opener

MCSID

Great baseball in the Great South in 2011!

2011 Baseball Standings
School         GSAC     Overall
Huntingdon    0-0      15-5
Maryville            0-0      16-6
LaGrange    0-0      16-7
Covenant *    0-0      12-6
Piedmont            0-0      13-9
*NCAA Provisional Member

Maryville and Huntingdon received votes in the national rankings. GSAC tournament April 29th in Maryville!!! Make plans to come by and see some great baseball.