FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SagatagSam

Quote from: DuffMan on January 24, 2023, 03:48:46 PM
Or on The Bachelor...  ::)

The drama on Ben Bartch's season of The Bachelor is that ABC would put a Bennie (or two) in the pool of candidates he'd be dating, and they would cry about "I just totally thought he'd be my Johnnie!" when things don't seem to be working out or Ben doesn't pick them to move on.

Every non-Johnnie/Bennie watching would be like:
Sing us a song, you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright.

repete

Maybe on Cobber Day. Gotta figure there were Forum-Gannett negotiations in recent years. Some Gannett/Gatehouse smuck with a mail-order MBA missed the opportunity. Forum might still pick the bones of a once-solid paper.

art76

You don't have a soul. You are a soul.
You have a body. - C.S. Lewis

HSCTiger74

Quote from: Robert Zimmerman on January 24, 2023, 08:48:40 PM
Fantastic article from Reusse about Steve Johnson with some John thrown in for good measure:

https://www.startribune.com/how-bethel-footballs-steve-johnson-became-national-coach-of-the-year-john-gagliardi-patrick-reusse/600246186/

Pretty good, but there was one glaring omission ... he never asked about the Ice Bear burner account.
TANSTAAFL

SagatagSam

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on January 25, 2023, 12:19:54 AM
Quote from: Robert Zimmerman on January 24, 2023, 08:48:40 PM
Fantastic article from Reusse about Steve Johnson with some John thrown in for good measure:

https://www.startribune.com/how-bethel-footballs-steve-johnson-became-national-coach-of-the-year-john-gagliardi-patrick-reusse/600246186/

Pretty good, but there was one glaring omission ... he never asked about the Ice Bear burner account.

Some people just aren't in the know. The Legend of Steve "Ice Bear" Johnson lives on!

Any thoughts, Steve, errr, I mean, Ice Bear?
Sing us a song tonight

OzJohnnie

I reckon ****ing Ice Bear ****ing swears too ****ing much to be ****ing Steve ****ing "Ice Bear" ****ing Johnson.
[  

art76

Quote from: OzJohnnie on January 25, 2023, 05:57:57 PM
I reckon ****ing Ice Bear ****ing swears too ****ing much to be ****ing Steve ****ing "Ice Bear" ****ing Johnson.

+K amidst the guffaws
You don't have a soul. You are a soul.
You have a body. - C.S. Lewis

SagatagSam

See, I think that's all part of the misdirection. A burner account can get away with that and throw people off the trail. But, here's another wrinkle: notice how he self censors?

Steve "Ice Bear" Johnson could be tempted to swear, but would totally self censor in the moment. It makes perfect sense.
Sing us a song tonight

Ice Bear

Ice Bear says he refuses to take part in any ****ing interview unless:

-it takes place on an iceberg with the Bethel insignia painted in the middle of it
-a raw fillet of seal is presented to him both before and after the interview on a golden plate blessed by the head of the Baptist church
-a contract is drawn up beforehand by ice's lawyer and signed by the interviewer with specific language that states there will be no mention of the rumor that Ice has anything to do with the amazing Bethel University football program

Ice is just sayin...
A long time fan of DIII Football!

SagatagSam

Quote from: Ice Bear on January 26, 2023, 11:13:57 AM
Ice Bear says he refuses to take part in any ****ing interview unless:

-it takes place on an iceberg with the Bethel insignia painted in the middle of it
-a raw fillet of seal is presented to him both before and after the interview on a golden plate blessed by the head of the Baptist church
-a contract is drawn up beforehand by ice's lawyer and signed by the interviewer with specific language that states there will be no mention of the rumor that Ice has anything to do with the amazing Bethel University football program

Ice is just sayin...

Just so we are clear--do you want the raw fillet of seal blessed, the golden plate blessed, or both?
Sing us a song tonight

hazzben

Coach J might be the son of a baptist preacher, but he's also a kid who grew up in Chicago in the 60's and 70's. This alter ego deal might be the way he's blowing off all that Chicago steam  8-)

faunch

"I'm a uniter...not a divider."