FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmc1982

REGIONAL RANKINGS  JUST OUT! Jackets 2nd in Region III so unless we screw up and lose Saturday we should host!
"We're completely surrounded-Excellent!...Now we can attack in any direction!'....Chesty Puller, USMC

Macon

rmc1982

"We're completely surrounded-Excellent!...Now we can attack in any direction!'....Chesty Puller, USMC

Macon

Quote from: rmc1982 on November 11, 2022, 11:22:32 AM
Quote from: Macon on November 10, 2022, 01:51:14 PM
What's the status of the HSC QB?
Havent  heard Macon! Is he hurt??

He left the game two weeks ago with a knee injury and did not play last week.

Macon

The backup QB for HSC is Andrew Puccinelli.  He has performed well, and statistically looks solid.  Their starter (Bernard) has missed over two games, earlier in the season and now.  I'm assuming Mr. Puccinelli (from Glen Allen, VA) is kin to the four Puccinelli siblings that attended RMC in the late 80's and into the 90's.

rmc1982

In Pedro's weekly "scouting report" to the YJ Club he did say Bernard's status was " up in the air" so he had to prepare for two different QB's..... I've even asked HSC friends here and they don't know either.... Guess we'll find out tomorrow.....

Macon

Quote from: rmc1982 on November 11, 2022, 03:10:19 PM
In Pedro's weekly "scouting report" to the YJ Club he did say Bernard's status was " up in the air" so he had to prepare for two different QB's..... I've even asked HSC friends here and they don't know either.... Guess we'll find out tomorrow.....

They are very similar QBs, both are drop back passers and not much running threats.  Statistically very similar, so defensive prep may not be that bad.

Macon

Some thoughts on the Game.  RMC won this game in the trenches.  RMC offensive line manhandled HSC, producing two 100 yard rushers.  On the defensive side, RMC held HSC to negative rushing overall after the first HSC possession.  Frost was held to 19 yards on 11 carries after that initial possession.  Overall, RMC looked bigger, stronger and faster than HSC.  I was surprised that HSC stuck with Bernard for the whole game.  He was obviously not 100% and I give him huge credit for fighting the good fight.  His mobility was somewhat limited and no threat to run.  He had a good game, but he needed to have a great game.  I certainly thought Puccinelli would get some snaps and maybe should have.

Overall, it was a more competitive game than I anticipated, and HSC deserves credit for that.  In the end, a strong offensive line leaned heavily on the HSC defense and completely wore them down.

HSCTiger74

I was glad to see that a 10-0 ODAC champ got a home game for once, but I'm not sure the committee did R-MC any favors. Good luck to the Jackets next week, represent us well.
TANSTAAFL

Ralph Turner

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on November 13, 2022, 06:51:48 PM
   I was glad to see that a 10-0 ODAC champ got a home game for once, but I'm not sure the committee did R-MC any favors. Good luck to the Jackets next week, represent us well.
I probably can speak for the Trinity fans as well. We would love to have RR #3 RMC as the other side of our bracket.

bluenote

thescottharris

Bridgewater vs. Apprentice School in the Neptune Bowl. $20 a ticket, $50 for a tailgating spot. With it be a completely pointless game combined with those ticket prices, can't imagine there will be many tickets sold at those prices. At least this year Apprentice School isn't horrendous, though their competition has largely been pretty weak

jknezek

Quote from: scotth on November 18, 2022, 07:02:14 PM
Bridgewater vs. Apprentice School in the Neptune Bowl. $20 a ticket, $50 for a tailgating spot. With it be a completely pointless game combined with those ticket prices, can't imagine there will be many tickets sold at those prices. At least this year Apprentice School isn't horrendous, though their competition has largely been pretty weak

Most years I can get to the D1 bowl game here in Birmingham for less than that. The only year I couldn't get a ticket for $10 outside the venue was the year Auburn got stuck with it. It'll be interesting to see how it goes with the Landmark Conference. These games against Apprentice just aren't interesting.

Macon

It's 40 and sunny in Ashland today, 27 with wind chill of 18 in Cortland, NY.  Even the Cortland players may be happy to be in the COTU today.

Macon

Macon is today's underdog based on the D3Football gurus.   Will be interesting to see how the Jackets responses.  Last week, the long pass to Wallis missed on at least three occasions,  I predict those connections are made this week.