WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Augie2020

Thanks Ronk!See #1 Trinity got knocked off today?

ronk

Will they drop behind the Royals?

Augie2020

Not sure I wonder if they will get a top vote like the last poll did?

Augie2020

If you look at Scranton Schedule.They Beat Ithaca#34 (massey) at Home by 20,Beat Wartburg #13 on neutral court by 22pts,Beat Tufts 31st on neutral court by 9 and Beat Etown #38th(massey) by 20 at home.I just picked teams under 40 on (massey).CNU played one team under 40 and it came today #35 Santa Cruz,Trinity played 3 teams under 40 Hardin Simmons #17 twice won both and Puget Sound#18.

Augie2020

Only reason why I didn't  put up Transylvania is because they didn't play anyone under 40 matter of fact they played one team under 100 at #89 and that was it.

saratoga

My guess:

1.Transy
2.C.Newport
3.Scranton
4.Smith
5.Trinity (Tx.)

Tim the Enchanter

That's a pretty good guess, Saratoga.  I wouldn't be surprised if that's the way it plays out. 

Alternatively, I could see enough of the voters giving the #1 votes to CNU and having them leapfrog Transy in the top spot.  There's only a 3 point different between the two in last week's poll.  I could also see Trinity possibly squeaking ahead of Smith for the 4th spot. 

Pat Coleman

Quote from: ronk on February 05, 2023, 04:37:45 PM
The top 16 come out Wednesday in alphabetical order; regional rankings will be the following week.

The Top 16 come out Thursday on Hoopsville, actually.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Augie2020

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Pat Coleman on February 05, 2023, 10:15:11 PM
Quote from: ronk on February 05, 2023, 04:37:45 PM
The top 16 come out Wednesday in alphabetical order; regional rankings will be the following week.

The Top 16 come out Thursday on Hoopsville, actually.

Not this Thursday.  Thursday the 16th.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

gordonmann

QuoteAlternatively, I could see enough of the voters giving the #1 votes to CNU and having them leapfrog Transy in the top spot.  There's only a 3 point different between the two in last week's poll.  I could also see Trinity possibly squeaking ahead of Smith for the 4th spot.

Good guess, Mr. Enchanter!

saratoga

Well played, Tim!
Always need a good Plan B.  ;)

saratoga

Well, I'm going to say what some are thinking...
The Lady Royals need a tuneup.
Their defense has been keeping them in every game as their offense has gone south.
I don't think they've played a complete game since their last matchup vs. E-town.
Should their shooting woes continue like this, they won't make it out of the first weekend.
Reminds me some of Trevor's first year (2015/16), when they made it to the Elite 8...they had some close league games down the stretch then found their mojo again in the Landmark playoffs.
Here's hoping for those results.  :)

ronk

Don't like their zone offense - 5 on the perimeter makes it too easy for the defense; need somebody in the high post to move the ball to either side; shouldn't be any dribbling or turnovers against a zone. Expect to face it down the line.

Augie2020

Ryan Scott who was Tufts missing when they played Scranton?Thier best player didn't play against NYU!She played against Scranton.Debatable.Lol