WBB: Upper Midwest Athletic Conference

Started by Saints4Life, November 11, 2009, 12:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baldini

Quote from: Jester1390 on November 07, 2019, 09:45:26 AM
I want to give a shout out to Coach  Grove at Mn-Morris and Coach Deadrick they were both terrific to my daughter during the recruiting process. 

Keep an eye on JAY KWATEH at Minnesota Morris. She is one of my players I coached during her youth.  She wont be their best player yet but she will be their best athlete, She has calf's of a Olympian and can jump out of a gym. Plus her and her family could not be more kind and great people.

Thanks Jester1390 for the heads up, I will be watching for her. Always like the M-M teams, they play a hardnosed and gritty style of basketball. I appreciate intestinal fortitude in every sport and they seem to have it most seasons, usually a reflection of the coaches.

Baldini

Quote from: Jester1390 on November 07, 2019, 09:45:26 AM
I want to give a shout out to Coach  Grove at Mn-Morris and Coach Deadrick they were both terrific to my daughter during the recruiting process. 

Keep an eye on JAY KWATEH at Minnesota Morris. She is one of my players I coached during her youth.  She wont be their best player yet but she will be their best athlete, She has calf's of a Olympian and can jump out of a gym. Plus her and her family could not be more kind and great people.

She played a good first game Jester. Came off the bench and played 19 minutes, 9 points and 3 rebounds.

Jester1390

She was one of my favorite players she has been only playing since 8th grade.  She was way behind offensively but she could play defense from the get go.   She played soccer for Morris this fall and I know a dad who has a girl on the soccer team and couldnt believe how good she was

Baldini

Tough opening night for the UMAC women's teams as a whole going 1-6 on the evening.

Win

Northland 93, Mount Mary 64

Loses

Bethel 71, Northwestern 37
Concordia-Moorhead 78, Minnesota-Morris 63
Carleton 69, Martin Luther 46
Edgewood 71, Crown 52
UW-EC 71, St. Scholastica 33
UW-Stout 72, UW-Superior 68

Against conferences,

ACAA 1-0
MIAC 0-3
NACC 0-1
WIAC 0-2

Baldini

After going 1-6 on Friday, UMAC teams come back and went 2-3 on Saturday. No games played on Sunday. These are the games from Saturday.

Wins

Bethany Lutheran 73, St. Olaf 56
Northland 95, Alverno 78

Loses

Edgewood 104, North Central (Minn.) 78
Coe 87, Martin Luther 46
Hamline 73, Crown 44

3-9 for the weekend with Northland collecting 2 of the wins and Bethany Lutheran the other. The surprise for me is not the wins by either team, but the point totals that Northland put up in winning. They are a team that in most years have been offensively challenged, but not so far this season. Something I need to take a closer look at in the next few days.

Against conferences,

ACAA 1-0
ARC 0-1
MIAC 1-4
NACC 1-2
WIAC 0-2

Baldini

Two games of action tonight on the women's side in the UMAC and they go 1-1.

Win

Crown 61, Holy Family 56

Lose

Augsburg 81, UW-Superior 55

Against conferences,

ACAA 1-0
ARC 0-1
MIAC 1-5
NACC 1-2
WIAC 0-2

NAIA-2  1-0

Baldini

With another night of being on the negative end of the wins and loses 1-4, the UMAC women's teams are now a collective 5-14 in non-conference play heading into tonight's game.

Win

Minnesota-Morris 83, Macalester 69

Loses

UW-Stevens Point 100, Northland 49
Viterbo 65, Martin Luther 40
St. Olaf 87, North Central (Minn.) 53
Hamline 62, Northwestern 60

Vs. Conferences

ACAA 1-0
ARC 0-1
MIAC 2-7
NACC 1-2
WIAC 0-3

NAIA-2  1-1

Jester1390

i have 2 girls on the hamline team. the starting point guard wa sout due to flu and Hamline did not play well they should have lost the game.

Baldini

Only one game on the women's side tonight and the UMAC go's 1-0.

Win

Bethany Lutheran 73, Carleton 67

Vs. Conferences

ACAA 1-0
ARC 0-1
MIAC 3-7
NACC 1-2
WIAC 0-3

NAIA-2   1-1

Baldini

Bethany Lutheran defeated Waldorf in the only UMAC game tonight 92-72. This brings the UMAC to 13-19 in non-conference play.

Vs. Conferences to date.

ACAA 2-0
ARC 0-1
LL 1-0
MIAC 6-11
NACC 1-2
SUNYAC 1-0
WIAC 0-4

NAIA-2   2-1

Jester1390

Baldini I have a player i coached on the Waldorf team Mckenna Clouse she is 6'1. She didnt play varsity basketball in high school and didnt play at all in high school her senior year.  The high school coach didnt  believe in her.  She scored 7 pts in 11 minutes yesterday. I am really happy for her she really was crapped on in high school. the more she gets in shape the better she will get.

Baldini

Tough night for the ladies last night as the UMAC teams went 0-3 on the evening.  This brings the UMAC women's teams to 18-33 to date in non-conference play.

Vs. Conferences to date.

ACAA 2-2
ARC 0-3
LL 1-0
MIAC 7-17
MWC  1-0
NACC 2-2
SUNYAC 1-0
WIAC 0-7

NAIA-2   4-3

Baldini

Current Massey ratings for the UMAC.

UW-Superior  112
Bethany Lutheran  131
Minnesota-Morris  175
Northwestern  196
North Central  276
St. Scholastica  313
Northland  346
Crown  384
Martin Luther  404

Baldini

I noticed on the Northwestern women's results page that the score from their 1/25 game with Northland is reversed. Northwestern won that game 70-48.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Baldini on February 06, 2020, 11:46:34 PM
I noticed on the Northwestern women's results page that the score from their 1/25 game with Northland is reversed. Northwestern won that game 70-48.

Thanks for the heads up.  We would've found it when the regional rankings come out, but I got it fixed early!
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere